UE- 106 RPI, 260 SOS
Valpo- 111 RPI, 256 SOS
LUC- 120 RPI, 315 SOS
MoState- 131 RPI, 261 SOS
BU- 158 RPI, 323 SOS **Worst SOS in the MVC**
SIU- 193 RPI, 252 SOS
INST- 219 RPI, 123 SOS
DU- 221 RPI, 209 SOS

Bradley can call this a great rebuild all they want when you are playing the 323rd best SOS in the country.
Loyola not any better at 315.

Really only UNI and ISUr are trying with elite SOS to attain at large contention. Obviously, ISUr has no shot of that regardless playing with 8 scholarship players (sometimes 7) in out of conference.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: MVC team standing prediction

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby bleach » December 19th, 2017, 5:40 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:I don't think any Valley fan base is in position to feel much superiority right now; it's going to be a very competitive year and I won't be surprised if Bradley is in the thick of it. I think they're better coached than any team outside of UNI, and they've got size and depth to compete for the long haul. Winning close games consistently ultimately will determine this years race; I don't see anyone having a series of blowout wins like WSU had the last few years. There might be a few, but most nights it's gonna be dogfight games played out in the 50's and 60's and good coaching win those games as much as anything.

Doesn't bode well for the Bears then.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BradleyFan71 » December 19th, 2017, 5:57 pm

SalukiHoops wrote:
ptownbraves wrote:Bradley will surprise a lot of people this year. Two Freshmen in Childs and Stipanovich give the team a lot of balance, and guys that got a lot of minutes their Freshman and Sophomore years like Van Bree and DLO have been nice surprises this year.

Loyola
UNI
Bradley
Missouri State
Illinois State
Valpo
SIU
Evansville
Drake
Indiana State

I dont see how Bradley can make that large of a leap. I see them improving quite a bit but not to the three spot.

And yet that didn't stop most from moving Missouri State from 6th to 1st....
BradleyFan71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BradleyFan71 » December 19th, 2017, 6:00 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:Posted on RedbirdFan by ADunk..

RealTime RPI update:
UNI- 23rd RPI, 5th SOS
ILST- 76 RPI, 16th SOS
UE- 106 RPI, 260 SOS
Valpo- 111 RPI, 256 SOS
LUC- 120 RPI, 315 SOS
SIU- 193 RPI, 252 SOS
INST- 219 RPI, 123 SOS
DU- 221 RPI, 209 SOS

Bradley can call this a great rebuild all they want when you are playing the 323rd best SOS in the country.

Really only UNI and ISUr are trying with elite SOS to attain at large contention. Obviously, ISUr has no shot of that regardless playing with 8 scholarship players (sometimes 7) in out of conference.

Please tell me why Bradley should be scheduling for at-large contention in year three of a complete overhaul. As bad as the schedule has been to this point, Bradley is somehow ahead of three other Valley teams in that list you referenced. How bad are those teams???
BradleyFan71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BradleyFan71 » December 19th, 2017, 7:25 pm

It sure looks like that tough schedule prepared the Redbirds for #313 UIC. What an ugly game!
BradleyFan71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby freddycat68 » December 19th, 2017, 8:43 pm

Old School MVC wrote:
freddycat68 wrote:
Anyone picking UE, Drake, ISUb, or SIU above BU is delusional .

Apparently those who vote in the Mid Major Poll are "delusional"

freddycat68 wrote:
I'm used to watching BU games, where that kind of nonsense would be completely unacceptable.

But Mediocre play is acceptable? I think most Bradley fans would trade your average team for any of Loyola, MSU or ISUr squads. You might have a few head aches, and attitudes that need adjusted, but at least have the talent that can win games. But congrats to you on your high moral values!

Your first sentence is correct. The rest of your rant is a nonresponsive rejoinder against a strawman. If you want to argue with the wind, knock yourself out.
freddycat68
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BradleyFan71 » December 19th, 2017, 9:12 pm

Color me unimpressed with the Redbirds. Barely holding on for a 1-point win at home against #313 that was playing without a starting guard. Hopefully, for the Redbirds sake, one of the guys who they're waiting for to return can make free throws.
BradleyFan71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Rollbird5 » December 19th, 2017, 9:20 pm

BradleyFan71 wrote:Color me unimpressed with the Redbirds. Barely holding on for a 1-point win at home against #313 that was playing without a starting guard. Hopefully, for the Redbirds sake, one of the guys who they're waiting for to return can make free throws.

Outlier game from the free throw line I'd say. Everyone besides Fayne is a solid free throw shooter, came into this game about 70% or so as a team.
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » December 19th, 2017, 10:49 pm

BradleyFan71 wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:Posted on RedbirdFan by ADunk..

RealTime RPI update:
UNI- 23rd RPI, 5th SOS
ILST- 76 RPI, 16th SOS
UE- 106 RPI, 260 SOS
Valpo- 111 RPI, 256 SOS
LUC- 120 RPI, 315 SOS
SIU- 193 RPI, 252 SOS
INST- 219 RPI, 123 SOS
DU- 221 RPI, 209 SOS

Please tell me why Bradley should be scheduling for at-large contention in year three of a complete overhaul. As bad as the schedule has been to this point, Bradley is somehow ahead of three other Valley teams in that list you referenced. How bad are those teams???

Never said you should, although playing a tougher schedule no matter your roster helps prepare a team for bigger games late in the season.

In general, just don't get overhyped with your 9-2 start. Bradley fans are blind optimists at heart.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Mikovio » December 20th, 2017, 7:20 am

No YOU just don't get overhyped with your 71-70 home win over 4-7 UIC. :P

The schedule this year was put together to give our guys confidence. It's supposed to be year 3 of a 4 year rebuild. I do think we should have scheduled tougher though in Reynolds's defense UALR and Delaware are underperforming and Bar's passport issues in the Bahamas probably caused the Vermont loss and sent us to the consolation bracket with worse teams. Had we been in the winner's bracket we would've played Iona (Kenpom 126) and Northern Kentucky (77).
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball