MVC team standing prediction

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC team standing prediction

Postby Dansen » December 26th, 2017, 12:00 pm

From The Athletic (paid site but I found the results of the article online), Ken Pomeroy wrote an article about the likelihood of each team to win each conference according to his metrics as of right now.

https://theathletic.com/194793/2017/12/ ... nce-races/

Missouri Valley: Missouri State 52%, Northern Iowa 27%, Loyola-Chicago 17%, Bradley 11%, Illinois State 11%

Kind of reaffirms what most of us think, MoState is the favorite but there's a lot of parity. The equation probably doesn't take coaching into effect but just metrics and schedule wise these are the current odds
Dansen
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ACECARD » December 26th, 2017, 1:35 pm

Dansen wrote:From The Athletic (paid site but I found the results of the article online), Ken Pomeroy wrote an article about the likelihood of each team to win each conference according to his metrics as of right now.

https://theathletic.com/194793/2017/12/ ... nce-races/

Missouri Valley: Missouri State 52%, Northern Iowa 27%, Loyola-Chicago 17%, Bradley 11%, Illinois State 11%

Kind of reaffirms what most of us think, MoState is the favorite but there's a lot of parity. The equation probably doesn't take coaching into effect but just metrics and schedule wise these are the current odds

From what I saw against the Aces, Illinois St. is better than that. Yarborough (?) is as good of a player as I have seen this year. They are better than Bradley, and Loyola, in my opinion.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bleach » December 26th, 2017, 5:40 pm

Dansen wrote:Missouri Valley: Missouri State 52%, Northern Iowa 27%, Loyola-Chicago 17%, Bradley 11%, Illinois State 11%

Mo St has enough talent to overcome Lusks coaching but that doesn't mean i'm predicting it.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbird222 » December 28th, 2017, 4:35 pm

Posting this after MSU/Loyola and Birds/Aced game

1. MSU - best player, team has depth, experienced
2. Birds - assuming they Clarance and David back
3. UNI - play good defense but I am concerned with guards
4. Loyola - both starting guards out hurts start of conference play
5. SIU - assuming Bol is back playing well
6. Evansville - I believe when healthy they can play with most
7. Bradley - still a year away
8. Valpo - the team I seen the least but suspension will hurt.
9. Drake - lack of inside game and defense. They will be competitive this year
10. Trees - they appear to have issues but Lansing is still a good game coach.
Redbird222
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby chitown fanatic » January 1st, 2018, 2:11 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:After watching Bradley get blown out by Ole Miss, which ISUr beat, my standings have changed heading into conference play.

Northern Iowa
Illinois State
Evansville
Loyola
Southern Illinois
Missouri State
Valparaiso
Bradley
Drake
Indiana State

Yes, the annual Bradley and Drake Thursday game.

This might be the worst set of predicted results of all time. Please watch the UNI beatdown yesterday in Peoria and tell me theyre winning this league. Theyre overrated just like I said before the year began. They have no depth and struggle to score. Jacobsen will be the only reason they avoid playing in when its all said and done. 13-5 will win the league...I'm not sure who itll be but it sure as hell aint UNI
chitown fanatic
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 1st, 2018, 2:18 pm

chitown fanatic wrote:
Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:After watching Bradley get blown out by Ole Miss, which ISUr beat, my standings have changed heading into conference play.

Northern Iowa
Illinois State
Evansville
Loyola
Southern Illinois
Missouri State
Valparaiso
Bradley
Drake
Indiana State

This might be the worst set of predicted results of all time. Please watch the UNI beatdown yesterday in Peoria and tell me theyre winning this league. Theyre overrated just like I said before the year began. They have no depth and struggle to score. Jacobsen will be the only reason they avoid playing in when its all said and done. 13-5 will win the league...I'm not sure who itll be but it sure as hell aint UNI

:+1:
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » January 1st, 2018, 2:25 pm

chitown fanatic wrote:

Northern Iowa
Illinois State
Evansville
Loyola
Southern Illinois
Missouri State
Valparaiso
Bradley
Drake
Indiana State

Well, this was made days ago before unis Bradley beatdown and Drake's win.

Right now I say ISUr takes it
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ACECARD » January 1st, 2018, 2:41 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
chitown fanatic wrote:

Northern Iowa
Illinois State
Evansville
Loyola
Southern Illinois
Missouri State
Valparaiso
Bradley
Drake
Indiana State

Well, this was made days ago before unis Bradley beatdown and Drake's win.

Right now I say ISUr takes it

I say it's between Ill. St., and Mo. St.. Too much basketball left to be sure of either.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Blers » January 1st, 2018, 3:11 pm

I know Illinois States been hit hard with injuries, but am I wrong in saying their success may largely hinge on the trio of Yarborough, Fayne, and Evans all being healthy? I know they’ve all missed a bit of time to varying degrees but from what I’ve seen losing one over an extended stretch could really derail the team.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » January 1st, 2018, 4:42 pm

Blers wrote:I know Illinois States been hit hard with injuries, but am I wrong in saying their success may largely hinge on the trio of Yarborough, Fayne, and Evans all being healthy? I know they’ve all missed a bit of time to varying degrees but from what I’ve seen losing one over an extended stretch could really derail the team.

You are correct. Losing any of them for a period is crippling. You could say the same for Missouri State and Alize Johnson and we already know what happens when Loyola is without Richardson. We saw a few loses for Evansville without Taylor. SIU is better with Bol. Your statement could be said about any team in the country and one of their top 3 players.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball