MVC Games - Xmas Eve Week

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Games - Xmas Eve Week

Postby musiccitybulldog » December 20th, 2017, 9:03 pm

Will be a memorable event for the Evansville players. Good for them. I was cheering them on.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby freddycat68 » December 20th, 2017, 10:03 pm

Well it WAS a decent RPI night but Valpo is down 18 at half to an AWFUL 3-win UCR team. Come on, VU -- can't have this loss no matter what issues are going on.
freddycat68
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby underdawg » December 21st, 2017, 9:03 pm

Majik45 wrote:Bradley got down early but stormed back to take a 12 point half time lead. SE MO st made a couple run a in the 2nd half but never got closer than 3 points and Bradley was then able to push the lead back up to 13 after that.

Another road win for Bradley against a team that beat SIU in Carbondale. Bradley will get another good road test at Ole Miss on Saturday. I don't think there is any way this Bradley team is playing on Thursday again.

You of course know we've had the following players out for up to a month each: Starting PG 6-5 Marcus Bartley who just got back three games ago; Thik Bol 6-8 starting PF has been out with knee since October 28 but may be back by the first week in January; Eric McGill 6-2 PG back-up just went out with broken hand; Austin Weiher 6-8 PF was out for two months with bone spurs; Kavion Pippen 6-10 hurt hand two games ago but is recovering and in the SAME game as he and McGill got hurt Armon Fletcher 6-5 Guard tweeked his knee which got dislocated at he first of the season but is playing with pain now--also 6-9 center Rudy Stradnieks banged up HIS hand,in the same game as McGill and Pippen but has recovered.
I wouldn't get to cocky about SIU--especially when Bol returns to team with Pippen
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby sixth ace » December 21st, 2017, 10:32 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:That's all folks. Long plane ride back to Indiana. Duke wins 104-40. 64 point loss. At least they scored 40?......

And they got a check and experience. Whether you lose by 1 or 64 it is just a L in a column. UE wasn't helped by BC either. On to conference play...

:Cheers:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SalukiHoops » December 21st, 2017, 11:59 pm

MVC PICKS

Loyola @ Missouri St:
I'll take the Bears in this one for the simple fact that the game is in Springfield. MSU by 5.

Illinois St @ Evansville:
Would've taken UofE if they were not as banged up as they currently are. Therefore, ISUr by 8.
SalukiHoops
SalukiHoops
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Majik45 » December 22nd, 2017, 6:40 am

underdawg wrote:You of course know we've had the following players out for up to a month each: Starting PG 6-5 Marcus Bartley who just got back three games ago; Thik Bol 6-8 starting PF has been out with knee since October 28 but may be back by the first week in January; Eric McGill 6-2 PG back-up just went out with broken hand; Austin Weiher 6-8 PF was out for two months with bone spurs; Kavion Pippen 6-10 hurt hand two games ago but is recovering and in the SAME game as he and McGill got hurt Armon Fletcher 6-5 Guard tweeked his knee which got dislocated at he first of the season but is playing with pain now--also 6-9 center Rudy Stradnieks banged up HIS hand,in the same game as McGill and Pippen but has recovered.
I wouldn't get to cocky about SIU--especially when Bol returns to team with Pippen

I realize SIU is playing majority shorthanded right now. With all the injuries they have they are a play in team. Once you get healthy, I think they are right up there with Bradley, Valpo, Illinois State and others fighting for 3rd to 7th place.
Majik45
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » December 22nd, 2017, 8:44 am

Majik45 wrote:
underdawg wrote:You of course know we've had the following players out for up to a month each: Starting PG 6-5 Marcus Bartley who just got back three games ago; Thik Bol 6-8 starting PF has been out with knee since October 28 but may be back by the first week in January; Eric McGill 6-2 PG back-up just went out with broken hand; Austin Weiher 6-8 PF was out for two months with bone spurs; Kavion Pippen 6-10 hurt hand two games ago but is recovering and in the SAME game as he and McGill got hurt Armon Fletcher 6-5 Guard tweeked his knee which got dislocated at he first of the season but is playing with pain now--also 6-9 center Rudy Stradnieks banged up HIS hand,in the same game as McGill and Pippen but has recovered.

I realize SIU is playing majority shorthanded right now. With all the injuries they have they are a play in team. Once you get healthy, I think they are right up there with Bradley, Valpo, Illinois State and others fighting for 3rd to 7th place.

Bol should take a medical redshirt this season an come back next year instead of playing half the season. They could really be something next year with Bol and Pippin.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby isumvc1 » December 22nd, 2017, 6:21 pm

Sycamores in a close battle with Elon in the Friday matinee in Terre Haute. We were down 10 right away to start the game, then were down by as many as 16, but have worked back to make it a 1 point game.
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby isumvc1 » December 22nd, 2017, 6:36 pm

at the under 4 timeout Sycamores trail 61-57, let's see what we got here.
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby isumvc1 » December 22nd, 2017, 6:46 pm

Sycamores lose at home to Elon, now 3-7 on the season vs D-I teams, we do have 2 wins vs non D-I teams, so 5-7 overall.

We're just a very, very bad team once again. Don't expect us to win more than 2 games in MVC play.

Still just baffled how we thoroughly dominated IU at IU in the first game this season???
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball