2018 MVC - Week 2

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 2

Postby bufan741777 » January 3rd, 2018, 3:51 pm

VUGrad1314 wrote:I don't get why Missouri State fans are nervous at all. It's been a long time since a team walked into the ARC and did that to our Crusaders. Plus Alize Johnson got Valpo's full defensive attention and then some and still despite a quiet game poured in a double double with 4 or 5 assists. He's the real deal and ought to be in the NBA this summer.

This is a good Missouri State team. Anytime a team could be a great team the fans get nervous at the beginning of the conference play with the anticipation and high expectations. I think Missouri St. will pull it out in a closer game than expected and Missouri St. fans will start to get more confident in what they have.

Its always good to see your team perform at the beginning of conference play. Fans never want a big early let down. Just take a glance at how UNI's chat board has changed over the last month.
bufan741777
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby VUGrad1314 » January 3rd, 2018, 3:59 pm

Speaking of big early let downs... I really hope we get this turned around soon. And I have to say I love the work being done in Peoria. That team defends like a brick wall and is on track to be good for awhile. I'm not too confident going into tonight but it will be a great road test for our young team.
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BravesBU » January 3rd, 2018, 4:09 pm

Wednesday
Sycamores @ Ramblers - Loyola
Crusaders @ Braves - Bradley
Aces @ Salukis - SIU
Redbirds @ Bulldogs - Drake

Thursday
Panthers @ Bears - MSU

Saturday
Bulldogs @ Sycamores - Drake
Braves @ Aces - Bradley
Salukis @ Crusaders - Valpo

Sunday
Bears @ Redbirds - MSU
Ramblers @ Panthers - Loyola
BravesBU
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby bufan741777 » January 3rd, 2018, 4:12 pm

VUGrad1314 wrote:Speaking of big early let downs... I really hope we get this turned around soon. And I have to say I love the work being done in Peoria. That team defends like a brick wall and is on track to be good for awhile. I'm not too confident going into tonight but it will be a great road test for our young team.

Wardle has done a great job rebuilding in. It has been a long process with many head coaches but I am glad for the direction Bradley is heading.

Valpo has had strong teams on and off since 93-94. I don't think it will be too long until Valpo is looking to surprise some teams.
bufan741777
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » January 3rd, 2018, 4:13 pm

Sister Jean has watched more hoops than anyone this site.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby VUGrad1314 » January 3rd, 2018, 4:20 pm

That's my hope anyway. Learn the league get a talent bump to help us compete and start challenging in a year or two. I think it's already starting. We have a local kid who transferred in from Providence and is sitting out this year. He can really shoot and score in a variety of ways. We also landed one of the top SGs in that Class of 2018 from the state of Illinois. I think our arrow is trending up.
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby underdawg » January 3rd, 2018, 5:38 pm

Another starter out for season--Jonathan Wiley torn up knee in last game--that's three guys out for year, Thik Bol, Wiley McGill and a fourth (Starting PG Marcus Bartley) who just recovered from a month and one half hand problem--also one guy who missed one month with bone spurs--down to 9 player roster for SIU, try practicing with nine--pretty freekin depressing for Saluki fans :( :( :(
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby bufan741777 » January 3rd, 2018, 5:45 pm

underdawg wrote:Another starter out for season--Jonathan Wiley torn up knee in last game--that's three guys out for year, Thik Bol, Wiley McGill and a fourth (Starting PG Marcus Bartley) who just recovered from a month and one half hand problem--also one guy who missed one month with bone spurs--down to 9 player roster for SIU, try practicing with nine--pretty freekin depressing for Saluki fans :( :( :(

As much as we all want to beat each other this just sucks. It's always awful to hear about players ending the season on an injury. To have that many makes the season seem like a drag for those fans. I hope all of the players have as speedy of a recovery as they can and that they don't re-aggravate those injuries!
bufan741777
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » January 3rd, 2018, 7:04 pm

Keyshawn evans back in the lineup
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » January 3rd, 2018, 7:08 pm

What’s the deal with SalukiNation? About 4 people (myself included) posted that SIU has gone through adversity with injuries and curious to see what a healthy Saluki team does next year, and an admin deleted the posts.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball