2018 MVC - Week 3

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 3

Postby freddycat68 » January 10th, 2018, 10:03 am

Old School MVC wrote:
bufan741777 wrote:
bcg wrote:That was a tough game to watch. It doesn't look good for Bradley's next two games on the road.

I would be content if we go 2-2 in our next 4 games. were about to hit a tough stretch of the schedule.

Once they got out of the OOC they began the tough part of their schedule!

The same can be said for any Valley team.
freddycat68
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ACECARD » January 10th, 2018, 10:10 am

Bradleyfan1 wrote:We’re due to hit some shots against Loyola. We found a way to win. Let’s go win a game we are NOT supposed to. Wardle>Moser.

Wardle>Simmons. Didn't help much did it.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bufan741777 » January 10th, 2018, 10:29 am

Old School MVC wrote:
Once they got out of the OOC they began the tough part of their schedule![/quote]

Conference play is 58% of the overall schedule. Calling conference play a stretch of our schedule is a stretch itself!
bufan741777
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 10th, 2018, 10:37 am

freddycat68 wrote:
Old School MVC wrote:
bufan741777 wrote:
I would be content if we go 2-2 in our next 4 games. were about to hit a tough stretch of the schedule.

Once they got out of the OOC they began the tough part of their schedule!

Without doing a lick of research, I am rather confident both ISUr and UNI had a tougher non-conference schedule than what they both face in the Valley slate
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » January 10th, 2018, 12:10 pm

Late to the game..overall and this week. Here is what I have for the rest of the week if votes are still taken. Not sure the deadline.

Wednesday
Panthers @ Sycamores - UNI
Bulldogs @ Crusaders - Valpo
Bears @ Aces - Bears
Ramblers @ Redbirds - Birds

Saturday
Aces @ Bulldogs - Drake
Braves @ Ramblers - Ramblers
Redbirds @ Salukis - Redbirds
Crusaders @ Panthers - UNI

Sunday
Sycamores @ Bears - Bears
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bufan741777 » January 10th, 2018, 12:28 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:Late to the game..overall and this week. Here is what I have for the rest of the week if votes are still taken. Not sure the deadline.

Wednesday
Panthers @ Sycamores - UNI
Bulldogs @ Crusaders - Valpo
Bears @ Aces - Bears
Ramblers @ Redbirds - Birds

Saturday
Aces @ Bulldogs - Drake
Braves @ Ramblers - Ramblers
Redbirds @ Salukis - Redbirds
Crusaders @ Panthers - UNI

Sunday
Sycamores @ Bears - Bears

Votes count for what ever games you predict before game time and your never late to the game! % correct is more important than how many total you have so welcome to the party! :Yea!:
bufan741777
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BradleyFan71 » January 10th, 2018, 12:32 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
freddycat68 wrote:
Old School MVC wrote:Once they got out of the OOC they began the tough part of their schedule!

Without doing a lick of research, I am rather confident both ISUr and UNI had a tougher non-conference schedule than what they both face in the Valley slate

I'm sure the UNI fans are thankful that tough schedule prepared them for the conference season.
BradleyFan71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby bufan741777 » January 10th, 2018, 12:52 pm

BradleyFan71 wrote:
I'm sure the UNI fans are thankful that tough schedule prepared them for the conference season.

:D :o :o :o :D
bufan741777
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby freddycat68 » January 10th, 2018, 1:15 pm

Without doing a lick of research, I am rather confident both ISUr and UNI had a tougher non-conference schedule than what they both face in the Valley slate[/quote]

I'm sure the UNI fans are thankful that tough schedule prepared them for the conference season.[/quote]

I was going to make this point, but you beat me to it. Pretty silly to say UNI's OOC (against which they had an 8-4 record) was tougher than the MVC (0-4). But what do actual results have to do with anything?
freddycat68
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 10th, 2018, 1:25 pm

freddycat68 wrote:Without doing a lick of research, I am rather confident both ISUr and UNI had a tougher non-conference schedule than what they both face in the Valley slate

I'm sure the UNI fans are thankful that tough schedule prepared them for the conference season.[/quote]

I was going to make this point, but you beat me to it. Pretty silly to say UNI's OOC (against which they had an 8-4 record) was tougher than the MVC (0-4). But what do actual results have to do with anything?[/quote]

Your line of reasoning is asinine.

So if we played Duke and beat them in nonconference when we played the game of our lives, while they played the worst game....but then a month later lose to Drake, that means our MVC conference slate is harder?
Give me a break.

Team performance can and does impact results. Clearly UNI was playing well in November and half of December, but now suck. Doesnt mean their schedule is harder in MVC.

EDIT: Real example...UNI beats SMU in early November when they were playing well, but then lose to Bradley as they are playing like crap. Is Bradley then better than SMU?

Mind you SMU is #34 in KenPom and Bradley #120
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball