2018 MVC - Week 4

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 4

Postby bleach » January 16th, 2018, 11:35 am

Old School MVC wrote:It is starting to look more and more like holding home court is very important this year with all the parody. As of now, Home teams are 22-8. SIU, ISUr and ISUb have all won a game on the road, only to also have a home loss. Loyola has won 2 games on the road, but also has a home loss. Drake has 2 road wins, and have held home court, while MSU has one road victory and no home losses. Needless to say, the last three teams mentioned, who have proved they can win on the road and still hold serve at home are atop the conference. And it appears most of us have picked up on this trend since we all seem to be predicting the home teams in most games this week. This year is VERY exciting with all the parody. I know we are a 1 bid league, so it is very important to not have to play on Thursday and have to win 4 in a row. It is going to be a lot of fun as we work our way to Arch Madness.

Agree with everything you said but, please excuse me, parody is not the word. PARITY. Many others need to take note too.
Parity= equality.
Parody=comedy through imitation.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Snaggletooth » January 16th, 2018, 11:45 am

bleach wrote:
Parity= equality.
Parody=comedy through imitation.

Freudian slip? :Yea!:
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bufan741777 » January 17th, 2018, 8:34 am

Wednesday
Redbirds
Aces
Ramblers
Bears

Saturday
Redbirds
Bears
Braves

Sunday
Panthers
Ramblers

Bonus
Racers
bufan741777
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BCPanther » January 17th, 2018, 9:21 am

Don't see anything here but UNI beat Drake 68-54 in Cedar Falls on Tuesday night.

Drake jumped out to a 29-13 lead and then UNI turned the defense and Bennett Koch on. UNI held Drake scoreless for the last 7 minutes of the first half to get it to 29-26 at halftime and then it was all UNI from there. Bennett Koch had 19 and Tywhon Pickford had 17 and 10. UNI only played 6 players in the second half (Haldeman, Pickford, Brown, Carlson, Koch, Lohaus)

Game felt like a combination of Drake coming back to earth and UNI starting to play like they did in November and Early December.

There is still a lot of basketball to be played but I think Pickford is as much of a lock for Freshman of the Year as Alize is for Player of the Year. Just shy of averaging a double-double and leading the nation in rebounding for players under 6-5.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Bear4Life » January 17th, 2018, 11:38 am

BCPanther wrote:Don't see anything here but UNI beat Drake 68-54 in Cedar Falls on Tuesday night.

Drake jumped out to a 29-13 lead and then UNI turned the defense and Bennett Koch on. UNI held Drake scoreless for the last 7 minutes of the first half to get it to 29-26 at halftime and then it was all UNI from there. Bennett Koch had 19 and Tywhon Pickford had 17 and 10. UNI only played 6 players in the second half (Haldeman, Pickford, Brown, Carlson, Koch, Lohaus)

Game felt like a combination of Drake coming back to earth and UNI starting to play like they did in November and Early December.

There is still a lot of basketball to be played but I think Pickford is as much of a lock for Freshman of the Year as Alize is for Player of the Year. Just shy of averaging a double-double and leading the nation in rebounding for players under 6-5.

I watched most of the game and agree with your conclusions. Pickford is for sure the Frosh of the Year in my eyes as well. I feel like his development/utilization has been a major difference for UNI. Koch coming off the bench seems to have lit a fire with him. I was really surprised Drake didn't double much and when they did it was usually slow, so Koch crushed last night.
Bear4Life
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Old School MVC » January 17th, 2018, 10:18 pm

SMU beat Wichita State today, at the roundhouse. If I recall, didn't one of our Valley schools beat SMU? :Cheers:
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby glm38 » January 17th, 2018, 10:22 pm

The Bears Valpo game was entertaining. I thought Valpo was taking control. We were in an offensive funk then Alize put us on his back in the second half and led the Bears to a win. 24 points and 17 boards. He's amazing.

Valpo has a good team and we are lucky to have swept them this year.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » January 17th, 2018, 11:52 pm

Ramblers improve to 4-0 in conference with Custer playing. Valpo's size will make for a tough match up moving forward.

Krutwig is really beginning to assert himself in the paint. Last two games:
21 points, 13 boards
19 points, 9 boards

I think Pickford will likely win freshmen of the year, but Krutwig's play in the post has really blown me away and could give him a run.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » January 18th, 2018, 8:18 am

Still can't figure out why UNI wasn't in big time on Krutwig. A big that you'll eventually run the offense through and kills you with good footwork. He's the prototypical Ben Jacobson big AND he went to the same high school as Johnny Moran!
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » January 18th, 2018, 10:09 am

BCPanther wrote:Still can't figure out why UNI wasn't in big time on Krutwig. A big that you'll eventually run the offense through and kills you with good footwork. He's the prototypical Ben Jacobson big AND he went to the same high school as Johnny Moran!

He really is a classic UNI post, not overly athletic but super mature as a player. Moser was on him for a full two years and Krutwig said the loyalty really sold him. Really a big get for us.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball