MVC coaches and the coaching carousel

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC coaches and the coaching carousel

Postby Drakey » January 22nd, 2018, 9:22 am

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Medved is the best hire this conference has made since Wichita poached Marshall from Winthrop. Hang onto and enjoy every second we get of Niko here. If Minnesota was smart, they’d wash their hands of the Pitino stench and hire this amazing alum.

Sounds like you are hoping.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » January 22nd, 2018, 10:07 am

Drakey wrote:
MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Medved is the best hire this conference has made since Wichita poached Marshall from Winthrop. Hang onto and enjoy every second we get of Niko here. If Minnesota was smart, they’d wash their hands of the Pitino stench and hire this amazing alum.

Sounds like you are hoping.

Nope. Just saying what I'd do if I were in Minnesota's shoes (underachieving team, Lynch+3 rape accusations, nearby alum killing it in #8 league). Hopefully the Goofs aren't that smart. I think Medved is the best coach in the Valley and will build Drake into a sustainable Valley power if he stays so I'm enjoying every second we have of him here.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby underdawg » January 22nd, 2018, 2:11 pm

An "in the know" source I talked to last weekend says he thinks ISU Redbirds will be Valley Favorites by a bunch next year--unless Yarbrough takes off of course--I am a Saluki fan by the way
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 22nd, 2018, 2:13 pm

underdawg wrote:An "in the know" source I talked to last weekend says he thinks ISU Redbirds will be Valley Favorites by a bunch next year--unless Yarbrough takes off of course--I am a Saluki fan by the way

That source must not have watched us play Saturday
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby goramblers2011 » January 22nd, 2018, 2:15 pm

underdawg wrote:An "in the know" source I talked to last weekend says he thinks ISU Redbirds will be Valley Favorites by a bunch next year--unless Yarbrough takes off of course--I am a Saluki fan by the way

If Clayton Custer comes back, I think the Ramblers will be favorites again. Losing Jackson, Ingram and Richardson will be tough. But the top recruiting class coming in, Krutwig with a year under his belt, New Mexico transfer Aher Uguak being eligible and some other key pieces returning/developing should be enough.
goramblers2011
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jackwagon » January 22nd, 2018, 2:22 pm

I assume that's because they have everyone back and adding Copeland, Chastain, and a few 6'9 athletes. The trick with them is they rarely bring back their entire roster.
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jturner38 » January 22nd, 2018, 2:42 pm

I wouldn't go that far to say Niko's the best in the Valley.
jturner38
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Blers » January 22nd, 2018, 3:08 pm

jackwagon wrote:

I assume that's because they have everyone back and adding Copeland, Chastain, and a few 6'9 athletes. The trick with them is they rarely bring back their entire roster.

Chastain is tricky with his knees; having already had 3 major surgeries. I loved his potential at LU. Clarence has a super high ceiling... is Copeland a guarantee to come back next year? I also agree holding onto Yarborough is key. Regardless of the new transfer rule he’d probably be able to grad transfer for instant eligibility.... from the outside looking in it seems him and Muller don’t have the best relationship... I’d be curious to hear what redbird fans think!

Also wouldn’t be shocked if Niko got a big deal and left. Obviously he’s bringing in a lot of talent but it’ll be young and might take a year or two to be built like they are now(I could be wrong, I just know they’re senior heavy now). So he may jump if given the chance.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redhawk » January 22nd, 2018, 4:18 pm

Blers wrote:Chastain is tricky with his knees; having already had 3 major surgeries. I loved his potential at LU. Clarence has a super high ceiling... is Copeland a guarantee to come back next year? I also agree holding onto Yarborough is key. Regardless of the new transfer rule he’d probably be able to grad transfer for instant eligibility.... from the outside looking in it seems him and Muller don’t have the best relationship... I’d be curious to hear what redbird fans think!

Chastian won't be counted on for much next year.
Clarance is just starting to show some of his potential after a late start due to injuries.
Copeland was cleared to practice with the team in Mid December. Will be a major factor next two seasons.
(2) 6' 9" bigs coming in next year
No clue on Yarbrough's future at ISU.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Blers » January 22nd, 2018, 4:57 pm

Redhawk wrote:
Blers wrote:Chastain is tricky with his knees; having already had 3 major surgeries. I loved his potential at LU. Clarence has a super high ceiling... is Copeland a guarantee to come back next year? I also agree holding onto Yarborough is key. Regardless of the new transfer rule he’d probably be able to grad transfer for instant eligibility.... from the outside looking in it seems him and Muller don’t have the best relationship... I’d be curious to hear what redbird fans think!

Chastian won't be counted on for much next year.
Clarance is just starting to show some of his potential after a late start due to injuries.
Copeland was cleared to practice with the team in Mid December. Will be a major factor next two seasons.
(2) 6' 9" bigs coming in next year
No clue on Yarbrough's future at ISU.

Copeland sounds like he's a big time time player so having him being back I'd definitely expect ISUr to be a contender
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball