2018 MVC - Week 5

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 5

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » January 25th, 2018, 3:43 pm

Redbirds4Life wrote:
bufan42 wrote:Valpo and Evansville are playing in. Loyola looks like the champs (but beatable)

2-8 are wide open!!

We are about to find out how good a coach Dirty Dan really is, because it isn't looking too good in Normal right now. Love Dan as a player and the guy can recruit, but some of these games this year have been head scratching. The have been blown out way too many times. This ISU team has been one of the most frustrating teams to watch in years, and that's including the teams in the mid-2000s that underachieved. The Birds are starting to feel like the 7 seed more and more each day....it's a good time for Valpo to come into RBA.

Saw that Muller’s cutting his rotation from 10 to 8. Dying to know who gets waterboy’d. Given the year is a wash sitting and stalling Clarance’s development would be unfortunate.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Blers » January 25th, 2018, 3:59 pm

BCPanther wrote:Loyola is the only team that I think we can safely say won't play Thursday night, even though I'm not sure they win the league because Porter is still on that bench.

I'm still puzzled by how people think Porter's a problem on the sideline. He's been pretty great at adjusting this year out of timeouts (see all the runs we went on after timeouts last night) and as someone pointed out on our board we're outscoring opponents by 147 in the second half on the season. I'm not saying he's the best coach in the valley but I can't really think of anything he's done that's been exceptionally bad the last few seasons...
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby musiccitybulldog » January 26th, 2018, 11:38 am

Blers wrote:
BCPanther wrote:Loyola is the only team that I think we can safely say won't play Thursday night, even though I'm not sure they win the league because Porter is still on that bench.

I'm still puzzled by how people think Porter's a problem on the sideline. He's been pretty great at adjusting this year out of timeouts (see all the runs we went on after timeouts last night) and as someone pointed out on our board we're outscoring opponents by 147 in the second half on the season. I'm not saying he's the best coach in the valley but I can't really think of anything he's done that's been exceptionally bad the last few seasons...

I think he adjusts very well or someone on the team must as they are getting it done!
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pafan » January 27th, 2018, 1:51 pm

Aces lead the Bulldogs by 13 at the break. Timmer couldn't get going for Drake and sat quite a few minutes with 2 fouls. Same deal for Arogundade.

Aces have gotten quality play from freshman Noah Frederking, who currently leads the Aces in scoring.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby mvcfan31 » January 27th, 2018, 3:12 pm

UE hangs on to win. Huge week for the Aces. Now 4-6 and much closer to a top 6 spot.
mvcfan31
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Blers » January 27th, 2018, 3:16 pm

I’ve always thought Timmers scoring ability is impressive but do Drake fans question his mental toughness? After watching him against MInnnesots, Loyola, and late against Evansville, seems like pressure gets to him at times. Woodward meanwhile seems to thrive in those games. Not at all trying to diss the kid, just something I’ve noticed.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bleach » January 27th, 2018, 5:55 pm

In the battle of lack of wits at JQH, Barry is making Lusk look like....well.....Lusk.
Can ANYONE seriously describe the Bears offense......goals or scheme?
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SalukiHoops » January 27th, 2018, 7:06 pm

Dawgs win their 6th straight vs Missouri St by a score of 79-77. SIU in a tie for 2nd in the Valley!
SalukiHoops
SalukiHoops
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby James_SIU » January 27th, 2018, 7:27 pm

SalukiHoops wrote:Dawgs win their 6th straight vs Missouri St by a score of 79-77. SIU in a tie for 2nd in the Valley!

I am still in disbelief. We only had 6 players really contribute in the game and still managed a road win. I’m going to go ahead and bet SIU doesn’t shoot 64% from the field and 62% from 3 again this year. Missouri State made it a really exciting game at the end. Alize Johnson was an absolute beast. Just came up a tad short.
James_SIU
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Redbirds4Life » January 27th, 2018, 7:29 pm

Does Paul Lusk make it through the season?
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball