2018 MVC - Week 6

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 6

Postby musiccitybulldog » January 30th, 2018, 11:39 am

Old School MVC wrote:Just a thought here, if MSU loses tonight to ISUr and then again on Saturday to Loyola, they are in serious jeopardy of playing Thursday. How would you like to be the #1 or #2 seed and have to play Alize Johnson and MSU in the first round!!

That would mean MSU would have to win on Thursday. The 1 or 2 Seed probably would have possibly beat them already once. Last time I watched Johnson he didn't score a field goal
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby glm38 » January 30th, 2018, 11:50 am

musiccitybulldog wrote:
Old School MVC wrote:Just a thought here, if MSU loses tonight to ISUr and then again on Saturday to Loyola, they are in serious jeopardy of playing Thursday. How would you like to be the #1 or #2 seed and have to play Alize Johnson and MSU in the first round!!

That would mean MSU would have to win on Thursday. The 1 or 2 Seed probably would have possibly beat them already once. Last time I watched Johnson he didn't score a field goal

Alize bounced back last game with 26 points and 12 boards. Not sure what was going on the 2 games prior.

We were the preseason #1 pick in most polls. How crazy and sad would it be if we fell to Thurs status?
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BravesBU » January 30th, 2018, 3:44 pm

Tuesday
Bears
Bulldogs

Wednesday
Sycamores
Braves
Aces

Saturday
Ramblers
Redbirds
Panthers
Salukis
Braves
BravesBU
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby pafan » January 30th, 2018, 8:21 pm

Missouri State should be getting blown out. And I guess they are, trailing by 20 with 12 minutes to play.

It's not like two guys getting cryotherapy gone wrong should keep the rest of the team from shooting 30%.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » January 30th, 2018, 8:44 pm

Illinois state is putting the MVC on notice. They are finally coming together and playing like they should. They're going to finish second in the league and make it to the MVC final. Now that Ndiaye is back to 100% him and Fayne up front os tough for anyone to handle.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 30th, 2018, 9:01 pm

#FireLusk

We had Fayne and Yarbrough playing with 3 fouls early in the 2nd half and they NEVER went after either of them?
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SalukiHoops » January 30th, 2018, 9:27 pm

SIU WITH THE HUGE ROAD WIN AT DRAKE! SIU sits alone in the 2 spot for the time being. I normally don't complain about officiating, but wow that was terrible, especially down the stretch! I am still surprised Southern was able to pull that one out. Either way, GO DAWGS!!!
SalukiHoops
SalukiHoops
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby TSmithBJJ » January 30th, 2018, 9:55 pm

SalukiHoops wrote:SIU WITH THE HUGE ROAD WIN AT DRAKE! SIU sits alone in the 2 spot for the time being. I normally don't complain about officiating, but wow that was terrible, especially down the stretch! I am still surprised Southern was able to pull that one out. Either way, GO DAWGS!!!

I was very impressed with this road victory at Drake! The Salukis are making it work with the limited roster they have. SIU seems to be heating up. A fun and exciting team to watch when Hinson has his team rolling.
BJJ, Muay Thai, and MMA.... (and MVC basketball).
TSmithBJJ
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby SalukiHoops » January 30th, 2018, 9:57 pm

TSmithBJJ wrote:
SalukiHoops wrote:SIU WITH THE HUGE ROAD WIN AT DRAKE! SIU sits alone in the 2 spot for the time being. I normally don't complain about officiating, but wow that was terrible, especially down the stretch! I am still surprised Southern was able to pull that one out. Either way, GO DAWGS!!!

I was very impressed with this road victory at Drake! The Salukis are making it work with the limited roster they have. SIU seems to be heating up. A fun and exciting team to watch when Hinson has his team rolling.

:Cheers: :Cheers: :Cheers:
SalukiHoops
SalukiHoops
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » January 30th, 2018, 11:13 pm

Loved MSU’s uniforms. Great to see Taylor Bruninga with a bounceback game. Barry’s boys rollin’.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball