2018 MVC - Week 6

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 6

Postby James_SIU » February 3rd, 2018, 10:32 pm

pafan wrote:
TSmithBJJ wrote:SIU beats Valpo 65-59. Hinson collects win 300 and gets on the arena mic after the win and starts yelling and celebrating with the fans as the "Barry, Barry, Barry!!!" chants rained down on him.


Now that's a turnaround in fan opinion.


Not for all of us. I've liked Barry from day one and I don't want him to go anywhere unless we become a back to back Thursday night kind of team.

As for the game I'm glad we found a way to win a game where we didn't shoot very well. Best crowd I have seen in the arena in a couple years. Great to have the student section full again.
James_SIU
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 33
Joined: January 18th, 2016, 5:55 pm

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 6

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 6

Postby Rambler63 » February 3rd, 2018, 10:42 pm

:D
Last edited by Rambler63 on February 3rd, 2018, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Rambler63
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 277
Joined: May 4th, 2013, 3:25 pm
Location: Normal, IL

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 6

Postby goramblers2011 » February 3rd, 2018, 11:08 pm

Rambler63 wrote:My gay black lover ignores me, so it doesn't really matter what I say.

When I say "Loyola" my gay black lover goes to sleep.


Is this...is this someone hacking a Loyola user because they are jelly?

Listen, you little racist hillbilly, a better, more intelligent school owns your conference now. Love it or leave it. But it's your reality now.
goramblers2011
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 126
Joined: January 5th, 2014, 7:58 pm

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 6

Postby Rambler63 » February 3rd, 2018, 11:11 pm

goramblers2011 wrote:
Rambler63 wrote:My gay black lover ignores me, so it doesn't really matter what I say.

When I say "Loyola" my gay black lover goes to sleep.


Is this...is this someone hacking a Loyola user because they are jelly?

Listen, you little racist hillbilly, a better, more intelligent school owns your conference now. Love it or leave it. But it's your reality now.


;)
User avatar
Rambler63
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 277
Joined: May 4th, 2013, 3:25 pm
Location: Normal, IL

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 6

Postby SalukiHoops » February 3rd, 2018, 11:26 pm

James_SIU wrote:
pafan wrote:
TSmithBJJ wrote:SIU beats Valpo 65-59. Hinson collects win 300 and gets on the arena mic after the win and starts yelling and celebrating with the fans as the "Barry, Barry, Barry!!!" chants rained down on him.


Now that's a turnaround in fan opinion.


Not for all of us. I've liked Barry from day one and I don't want him to go anywhere unless we become a back to back Thursday night kind of team.

As for the game I'm glad we found a way to win a game where we didn't shoot very well. Best crowd I have seen in the arena in a couple years. Great to have the student section full again.


Same here! I have always been a big Barry fan and I don't want him leaving unless some sort of absolute collapse. But he does give off the "either you love him or hate him" type of vibe.
SalukiHoops
User avatar
SalukiHoops
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 65
Joined: January 8th, 2017, 10:52 pm
Location: West Frankfort, IL

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 6

Postby VUGrad1314 » February 4th, 2018, 12:18 am

I've had my disagreements with Barry but it's undeniable that he is putting together a very solid year in spite of a great deal of hardship and deserves to be back to coach the senior-laden Salukis next year. Hopefully they're a bit more ambitious in their non-con scheduling, but that could be said about a few teams (like Valpo).
VUGrad1314
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 202
Joined: May 27th, 2017, 9:05 pm

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 6

Postby TSmithBJJ » February 4th, 2018, 12:58 am

pafan wrote:
TSmithBJJ wrote:SIU beats Valpo 65-59. Hinson collects win 300 and gets on the arena mic after the win and starts yelling and celebrating with the fans as the "Barry, Barry, Barry!!!" chants rained down on him.


Now that's a turnaround in fan opinion.



Please find my post where I stated that I didnt like Barry. I've always liked him... You cant hate a guy who speaks emotionally because it shows his passion. He cares waaay more about SIU and their success than his own reputation. Sorry about the 5-7 conf record buddy, but the year isnt over yet!
BJJ, Muay Thai, and MMA.... (and MVC basketball).
TSmithBJJ
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 37
Joined: February 4th, 2017, 10:08 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 6

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » February 4th, 2018, 1:35 am

Went to MOST/Loyola and of course Drake/Bradley. Largest and loudest crowd I’ve seen at Gentile. Even Ronnie Woo Woo’s on the bandwagon. Loyola’s student section is rocking. Many NBA people there. Local news sports segment starts with Loyola yet again. Psychic or dumb luck, it took this 1-17 Horizon sleeping giant just 5 years to become an A+ add. Hope Sister Jean is ok - haven’t noticed her the last couple times. Custer is such a special player. Intangibles remind me of Ron Baker. Except Clayton’s will to win is so expressive - like when he went at it with Williamson for that yielded 3 in a blowout. :lol: Alize is an amazing player handcuffed by a coach from Sesame Street - how many shots and drawn up plays did he get? And then he almost gets injured down 23 with 2 to go. Seemed like Kreklow didn’t play until about 30 minutes in. That’s the type of game Kreklow could thrive in.
User avatar
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 372
Joined: February 10th, 2014, 9:59 am

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 6

Postby VUGrad1314 » February 4th, 2018, 1:46 am

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Psychic or dumb luck, it took this 1-17 Horizon sleeping giant just 5 years to become an A+ add.


Should we expand into Detroit and try to work the same magic with UDM? :)
VUGrad1314
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 202
Joined: May 27th, 2017, 9:05 pm

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 6

Postby lime » February 4th, 2018, 2:11 am

Last time that drake won a February road game, Mark Phelps was the coach.
lime
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 62
Joined: November 12th, 2010, 11:21 pm

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 6

Postby ahunte1 » February 4th, 2018, 8:12 am

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Went to MOST/Loyola and of course Drake/Bradley. Largest and loudest crowd I’ve seen at Gentile. Even Ronnie Woo Woo’s on the bandwagon. Loyola’s student section is rocking. Many NBA people there. Local news sports segment starts with Loyola yet again. Psychic or dumb luck, it took this 1-17 Horizon sleeping giant just 5 years to become an A+ add. Hope Sister Jean is ok - haven’t noticed her the last couple times. Custer is such a special player. Intangibles remind me of Ron Baker. Except Clayton’s will to win is so expressive - like when he went at it with Williamson for that yielded 3 in a blowout. :lol: Alize is an amazing player handcuffed by a coach from Sesame Street - how many shots and drawn up plays did he get? And then he almost gets injured down 23 with 2 to go. Seemed like Kreklow didn’t play until about 30 minutes in. That’s the type of game Kreklow could thrive in.


Sr. Jean suffered a broken hip, I think it was in December. It was good to see her back at the game!
ahunte1
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 154
Joined: April 14th, 2013, 2:06 pm

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 6

Postby musiccitybulldog » February 4th, 2018, 8:46 am

ahunte1 wrote:
MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Went to MOST/Loyola and of course Drake/Bradley. Largest and loudest crowd I’ve seen at Gentile. Even Ronnie Woo Woo’s on the bandwagon. Loyola’s student section is rocking. Many NBA people there. Local news sports segment starts with Loyola yet again. Psychic or dumb luck, it took this 1-17 Horizon sleeping giant just 5 years to become an A+ add. Hope Sister Jean is ok - haven’t noticed her the last couple times. Custer is such a special player. Intangibles remind me of Ron Baker. Except Clayton’s will to win is so expressive - like when he went at it with Williamson for that yielded 3 in a blowout. :lol: Alize is an amazing player handcuffed by a coach from Sesame Street - how many shots and drawn up plays did he get? And then he almost gets injured down 23 with 2 to go. Seemed like Kreklow didn’t play until about 30 minutes in. That’s the type of game Kreklow could thrive in.


Sr. Jean suffered a broken hip, I think it was in December. It was good to see her back at the game!


Nice to see her on TV, what a dedicated fan.
musiccitybulldog
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 856
Joined: August 4th, 2010, 2:53 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: UNDfan and 17 guests