2018 MVC - Week 6

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 6

Postby pafan » January 31st, 2018, 9:38 am

Redhawk wrote:Yes..those Mo State unis looked great. A little disappointed in the Bear logo on the court though.
They could have made it a little more prominent so it really stands out!

Are those throwback unis for MSU?

And the bear logo at center court definitely could stand to be enlarged further. That should be the Moats's primary goal this off-season.
:dance:
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby hot nuts » January 31st, 2018, 10:31 am

One think I don't like about Valley basketball this year is how predictable it is.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Tom Servo » January 31st, 2018, 10:33 am

pafan wrote:
Redhawk wrote:Yes..those Mo State unis looked great. A little disappointed in the Bear logo on the court though.

Are those throwback unis for MSU?

And the bear logo at center court definitely could stand to be enlarged further. That should be the Moats's primary goal this off-season.
:dance:

It certainly seems like that thing gets bigger and bigger every year. It's a cool looking logo, but it is huge!
Go Aces!
Tom Servo
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 31st, 2018, 10:57 am

BCPanther wrote:
Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:Illinois state is putting the MVC on notice. They are finally coming together and playing like they should. They're going to finish second in the league and make it to the MVC final. Now that Ndiaye is back to 100% him and Fayne up front os tough for anyone to handle.

They were down 30 most of the game 6 days ago to a UNI team that literally can't score. They aren't putting anybody on notice. Expecting a wildly inconsistent team to all of a sudden be consistent is a fool's game.

Agreed. Even Muller never really knows which team is going to show up, and has said as much in interviews. Most wildly inconsistent team in the league. With that said, two upcoming home games vs UE and SIU that could propel them into the top two if they can hold serve at home (big IF).

Meanwhile, Missouri State is looking like a Thursday team with road games remaining @Loyola, @Indy State, @SIU, and @UNI
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » January 31st, 2018, 11:49 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:
BCPanther wrote:
Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:Illinois state is putting the MVC on notice. They are finally coming together and playing like they should. They're going to finish second in the league and make it to the MVC final. Now that Ndiaye is back to 100% him and Fayne up front os tough for anyone to handle.

They were down 30 most of the game 6 days ago to a UNI team that literally can't score. They aren't putting anybody on notice. Expecting a wildly inconsistent team to all of a sudden be consistent is a fool's game.

Agreed. Even Muller never really knows which team is going to show up, and has said as much in interviews. Most wildly inconsistent team in the league. With that said, two upcoming home games vs UE and SIU that could propel them into the top two if they can hold serve at home (big IF).

Meanwhile, Missouri State is looking like a Thursday team with road games remaining @Loyola, @Indy State, @SIU, and @UNI

Yeah, MSU isn't winning any of those road games, however should win out at home. Would make the most talented team in the league 8-10. Nice job, Paul.

That's my sliver of hope with UNI getting out of Thursday, the back half of the schedule is pretty favorable. Already done with Loyola and SIU (4 Ls :roll: ). Still have Evansville twice. Other road games are fading Drake, inconsistent Illinois State and terrible Valpo. Other home games are Indiana State, Bradley and Missouri State. Could certainly see UNI getting the 6 they need out of that group to have a reasonable chance of getting to Friday but like above expecting them to have any consistency offensively is a stretch. I'm sure there's a 49-46 game we'll lose in there somewhere.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BravesBU » January 31st, 2018, 12:30 pm

I’m really impressed with SIU at this stage in the season. I honestly thought they’d be a Thursday team, not because they aren’t good, but because they literally have no depth. They’re only dressing 8 or 9 guys, which would be tough on any team, especially when they’re missing a guy in Bol most expected to be one of their best players. I’ve got to give Hinson a ton of credit for getting them to play as well as they have. I still don’t think they make a ton of noise in St. Louis, just because depth is really important when playing 3 games in 3 days, but kudos to the Salukis for proving me wrong about them so far this year.
BravesBU
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby musiccitybulldog » January 31st, 2018, 1:00 pm

I think it's going to be wide open in St. Louis. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if two Thursday night teams meet in the finals. I think it will be wild.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » January 31st, 2018, 2:17 pm

Redhawk wrote:
MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Loved MSU’s uniforms. Great to see Taylor Bruninga with a bounceback game. Barry’s boys rollin’.

Yes..those Mo State unis looked great. A little disappointed in the Bear logo on the court though.

Hey I like our huge center court bear logo. That's one of the few positives this year.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redhawk » January 31st, 2018, 3:28 pm

glm38 wrote:
Redhawk wrote:
MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Loved MSU’s uniforms. Great to see Taylor Bruninga with a bounceback game. Barry’s boys rollin’.

Yes..those Mo State unis looked great. A little disappointed in the Bear logo on the court though.

Hey I like our huge center court bear logo. That's one of the few positives this year.

I do really like the Bear logo but it almost touches both 3 pt lines.

In all fairness though Reggie is really big on Doug Collins court too!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TSmithBJJ » January 31st, 2018, 3:29 pm

hot nuts wrote:One think I don't like about Valley basketball this year is how predictable it is.

I think the league has been the complete opposite of predictable... Lol
BJJ, Muay Thai, and MMA.... (and MVC basketball).
TSmithBJJ
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball