2018 MVC - Week 7

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 7

Postby TSmithBJJ » February 6th, 2018, 3:35 pm

underdawg wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:Keyshawn Evans is out 1-3 weeks with a bone contusion if that affects anyone's Redbirds selections...

You guys could play your manager at PG and my Salukis would still have a hard time playing in Normal--we haven't won there since 2007

I knew it had been a while since SIU has won there, but I didn't realize it had been that long... With the lack of depth that the Salukis have, and no dominant scorer, I don't see why Thursday would be any different for the Dawgs. Should be an exciting game though for sure!
BJJ, Muay Thai, and MMA.... (and MVC basketball).
TSmithBJJ
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby underdawg » February 6th, 2018, 3:53 pm

TSmithBJJ wrote:
underdawg wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:Keyshawn Evans is out 1-3 weeks with a bone contusion if that affects anyone's Redbirds selections...

You guys could play your manager at PG and my Salukis would still have a hard time playing in Normal--we haven't won there since 2007

I knew it had been a while since SIU has won there, but I didn't realize it had been that long... With the lack of depth that the Salukis have, and no dominant scorer, I don't see why Thursday would be any different for the Dawgs. Should be an exciting game though for sure!

I didn't say SIU wasn't going to win--just that it would be a tough game ;)
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TSmithBJJ » February 6th, 2018, 4:22 pm

^ It was the toughest game to pick this week, IMO. I personally picked SIU! The more I think about it, the more tempted I am to choose IL St., but I'm sticking with my original choice.
BJJ, Muay Thai, and MMA.... (and MVC basketball).
TSmithBJJ
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Old School MVC » February 6th, 2018, 8:08 pm

MSUDuo wrote:A loss would help cement the Bears as a PIG team and get rid of Lusk...so I expect them to find a way to win tonight...

Nice call! You don't want to cheer against your team but....

Now we will see #KeepPaulLusk
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » February 7th, 2018, 12:11 am

Aliza Johnson with one of the most dominating performances you’ll see in the Valley. Exactly why you don’t want to play MO ST on Friday.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 7th, 2018, 8:32 am

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Aliza Johnson with one of the most dominating performances you’ll see in the Valley. Exactly why you don’t want to play MO ST on Friday.

Ryan Taylor from Evansville had 32 points 3 days prior and was even more dominant then, especially in the second half (23 points).
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » February 7th, 2018, 9:00 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:
MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Aliza Johnson with one of the most dominating performances you’ll see in the Valley. Exactly why you don’t want to play MO ST on Friday.

Ryan Taylor from Evansville had 32 points 3 days prior and was even more dominant then, especially in the second half (23 points).

Hard to buy that when you look at the total game and the fact UE lost.
Not knocking Taylor's game, but Alize showed the whole package.

Taylor: 32 pts, 10/22 FG, 6 RBS, 1 Assist, 1 Stl, 0 Blks
Johnson: 28 pts, 9/15 FG, 8 RBS, 5 Assists, 4Blks, 2 Stls

Two great performances either way you cut it.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 7th, 2018, 9:44 am

BEARZ77 wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:

Hard to buy that when you look at the total game and the fact UE lost.
Not knocking Taylor's game, but Alize showed the whole package.

Taylor: 32 pts, 10/22 FG, 6 RBS, 1 Assist, 1 Stl, 0 Blks
Johnson: 28 pts, 9/15 FG, 8 RBS, 5 Assists, 4Blks, 2 Stls

Two great performances either way you cut it.

Agreed two great performances.
UE was all Taylor that 2nd half. Without him, ISUr wins going away. He could not miss and the rest of his team was rather useless.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Adunk33 » February 7th, 2018, 10:18 am

I turned on that Mo State/INST game last night late and was shocked to see the score so in favor of the Bears. I tweet a lot about the MVC and put one out during ILST's game at Mo State that most fans would feel comfortable with a 20 point lead with 8 min to play, but I couldn't after seeing the Redbirds blow so many leads. Last night seemed different though. Every time INST tried to cut into the lead Alize would hit a big shot or get a board or something along those lines. Mo State never panicked and was playing lose. I believe around the 5 min mark, INST cut it to 12 and that's when I thought, "here we go!" Then I look back up and see its 15, then 18 and so on. I was impressed with the Bears last night. They did not allow their coach to lose the game for them. They also proved what all of us have thought all year. Take away the 3 ball from INST, and they have nothing. They still made 10 3's but it was all Scott and Barnes. Rest of the team was 1-12 from 3.

I'll have all three games on tonight, but the most interesting is Drake@Loyola. This morning Drake was 10.5 point underdogs which I was SHOCKED to see. Most Valley games this year have been close with a handful of blow outs. This game has me torn as an ILST fan because do I root for Loyola to lose so the Birds are one step closer to having a shot at the regular season title, or do I root for Drake to lose to try to put the Birds alone in 2nd (with a ILST win Thursday and a BU loss tonight.) I've decided I'm rooting for the Bulldogs tonight to give Loyola a loss.

Bradley and UNI, I am very much hoping the UNI team that beat the hell out of the Birds in Cedar Falls shows up. But who knows. Feed the final Koch brother! BU doesn't have anything to match up with him.

Valpo and Evansville will be the game I follow the least because it doesn't have much implications on the rest of the conference.

I believe with losses tonight, Valpo and UNI clinch a Thursday night appearance in STL.
Adunk33
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BradleyFan71 » February 7th, 2018, 11:40 am

Adunk33 wrote:Bradley and UNI, I am very much hoping the UNI team that beat the hell out of the Birds in Cedar Falls shows up. But who knows. Feed the final Koch brother! BU doesn't have anything to match up with him.

Koch had all of 5 points and 3 rebounds last time the two teams met.
BradleyFan71
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball