2018 MVC - Week 7

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 7

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 7th, 2018, 12:29 pm

Moral of the story. Koch and Carlson are wildly inconsistent, just like they were last year when they went 9-9 in conference. The difference? No Jeremy Morgan to lead them in all statistical categories this season.

If good UNI shows up...they win
If bad UNI shows up...Bradley wins and this board has an influx of Braves posters
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ahunte1 » February 7th, 2018, 1:28 pm

Adunk33 wrote:I'll have all three games on tonight, but the most interesting is Drake@Loyola. This morning Drake was 10.5 point underdogs which I was SHOCKED to see. Most Valley games this year have been close with a handful of blow outs.

Not predicting a double digit Rambler win, but look at their conference home games with Custer. Beat Bradley by 16, SIU by 14, UNI by 23, MO St by 22. And won at Drake by 23.
ahunte1
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Adunk33 » February 7th, 2018, 1:45 pm

ahunte1 wrote:
Adunk33 wrote:I'll have all three games on tonight, but the most interesting is Drake@Loyola. This morning Drake was 10.5 point underdogs which I was SHOCKED to see. Most Valley games this year have been close with a handful of blow outs.

Not predicting a double digit Rambler win, but look at their conference home games with Custer. Beat Bradley by 16, SIU by 14, UNI by 23, MO St by 22. And won at Drake by 23.

Maybe handful was a bad word to use. How about i change it to "some"
Adunk33
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » February 7th, 2018, 2:00 pm

Just a hunch here but with some things that have happened in Cedar Falls here the pas ttwo days concerning some media people we might see 'Good UNI' for a stretch here. Still a monumental hill to climb to get out of Thursday but I think there's going to be some more energy going forward. We'll see if that energy turns into Ws.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » February 7th, 2018, 2:25 pm

BCPanther wrote:Just a hunch here but with some things that have happened in Cedar Falls here the pas ttwo days concerning some media people we might see 'Good UNI' for a stretch here. Still a monumental hill to climb to get out of Thursday but I think there's going to be some more energy going forward. We'll see if that energy turns into Ws.

What’s up with the new UNI beat guy getting pinkslipped?
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » February 7th, 2018, 2:37 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:
BCPanther wrote:Just a hunch here but with some things that have happened in Cedar Falls here the pas ttwo days concerning some media people we might see 'Good UNI' for a stretch here. Still a monumental hill to climb to get out of Thursday but I think there's going to be some more energy going forward. We'll see if that energy turns into Ws.

What’s up with the new UNI beat guy getting pinkslipped?

The 'official word' is budget cuts at Lee Enterprises which owns the Waterloo/Cedar Falls Courier.

I've heard pretty reliably that the relationship between he and Jake had turned ugly and there had been several instances where Jake had asked him to leave and he either wouldn't or would come back at innappropriate times like when Jake was hanging out with his boys shooting after practice. His Twitter feed and columns and game stories had gotten pretty negative and fairly personal towards a couple of players.

Also accused Jake of hiring Kyle Green just to get AJ which is pretty amazing because Kyle Green would have first been on staff under Mac when AJ was about 2. If Jake knew then, he's a better recruiter than we give him credit for.

The writer wasn't terribly gracious in his exit yesterday either...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BradleyFan71 » February 7th, 2018, 6:07 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:Moral of the story. Koch and Carlson are wildly inconsistent, just like they were last year when they went 9-9 in conference. The difference? No Jeremy Morgan to lead them in all statistical categories this season.

If bad UNI shows up...Bradley wins and this board has an influx of Braves posters

Probably. Isn't that the way most sports message boards work, especially the ones dedicated to an entire conference?
BradleyFan71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 8th, 2018, 8:16 am

BradleyFan71 wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:Moral of the story. Koch and Carlson are wildly inconsistent, just like they were last year when they went 9-9 in conference. The difference? No Jeremy Morgan to lead them in all statistical categories this season.

Probably. Isn't that the way most sports message boards work, especially the ones dedicated to an entire conference?

Yes I know that. Did I state anything that was NOT factual?
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Adunk33 » February 8th, 2018, 2:14 pm

BradleyFan71 wrote:
Well, 2 of his last 5 games he scored 2 points and 4 points. I'd say he's extremely inconsistent, even since Bradley held him to 5 points.

Koch had 11 and 7. Serviceable outing for the big fella who shoot jumpers for free throws. I guess I should have said feed Lohaus! A nice 25 for my favorite jersey number.
Adunk33
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SalukiHoops » February 8th, 2018, 8:10 pm

So why is Yarbrough playing again??
SalukiHoops
SalukiHoops
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball