2018 MVC - Week 7

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 7

Postby Blers » February 9th, 2018, 3:06 pm

Hrtnfldhse wrote:We will see how the ISUr role players who came up big last night do on the road vs Valpo. If they play with the confidence they did last night with similar results, the future is very bright for the Birds

Honestly it may be better to have your starters out now. We lost some games because of it but losing our backcourt early forced players like Williamson, Satterwhite, and Skokna to play a lot more and in my opinion all three are better off because of it; especially Williamson.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Redhawk » February 9th, 2018, 3:51 pm

Blers wrote:
Hrtnfldhse wrote:We will see how the ISUr role players who came up big last night do on the road vs Valpo. If they play with the confidence they did last night with similar results, the future is very bright for the Birds

Honestly it may be better to have your starters out now. We lost some games because of it but losing our backcourt early forced players like Williamson, Satterwhite, and Skokna to play a lot more and in my opinion all three are better off because of it; especially Williamson.

Totally agree with you Blers. If ISUr is to win Arch Madness they most likely can't do with just their big 3.
They will need consistent contributions from Williams, Ndiaye, Bruninga, Tinsley and Clarance. Hopefully they can build off last nights showing and the extended time they should see the last 5 games of the regular season!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby musiccitybulldog » February 10th, 2018, 5:07 pm

Drake beats UNI 71-64. Nick McGlynn had 17, Timmer 15, and CJ Rivers 12 points 9 rebounds and had a great game, Noah Thomas and Casey Schlatter hit some big three's. UNI always seems dangerous to me.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » February 10th, 2018, 5:23 pm

Not sure why our guys can’t hang onto the ball when they play Lansing, close game thanks to some big boy threes by Barnes in the second half. That kid can shoot.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jackwagon » February 10th, 2018, 5:37 pm

Barnes is the most overrated player in the league. Give me Custer all day
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Blers » February 10th, 2018, 7:18 pm

jackwagon wrote:Barnes is the most overrated player in the league. Give me Custer all day

Definitely don’t disagree, the shots seem to come with lots of head scratching decisions.

I also don’t know if there’s any players I’d trade Custer for. Him Ingram and Townes really have shown that X factor late in games. The will to win is huge with those guys
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » February 10th, 2018, 8:46 pm

UNI is now an absolute lock for Thursday. I'm hoping we do it right and get the 10 seed.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pafan » February 10th, 2018, 9:05 pm

I feel like it has been a lot of years since the 10th seed was not a team who was about to fire their coach... I don't think either Valpo or UNI is in danger of making a change.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby E-Villan » February 10th, 2018, 9:16 pm

pafan wrote:I feel like it has been a lot of years since the 10th seed was not a team who was about to fire their coach... I don't think either Valpo or UNI is in danger of making a change.

No, both should be fine, but I sure hope one of the Thursday teams is planning on it.

Since Drake and Bradley appear to be escaping it this year, does Drake Night now become Marty Night?
E-Villan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Old School MVC » February 10th, 2018, 9:30 pm

E-Villan wrote:
pafan wrote:I feel like it has been a lot of years since the 10th seed was not a team who was about to fire their coach... I don't think either Valpo or UNI is in danger of making a change.

No, both should be fine, but I sure hope one of the Thursday teams is planning on it.

Since Drake and Bradley appear to be escaping it this year, does Drake Night now become Marty Night?

Don't count Bradley out of Thursday quite yet. They have a tough stretch in front of them. I have a gut feeling the ISUb @ Bradley game to end the season will be to stay out of Thursday night.
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball