Postby BirdsEyeView » February 5th, 2018, 8:21 am

Tuesday
Bears @ Sycamores SYCAMORES

Wednesday
Bulldogs @ Ramblers RAMBLERS
Braves @ Panthers PANTHERS
Crusaders @ Aces ACES

Thursday
Salukis @ Redbirds REDBIRDS (might change this if Evans can't play)

Saturday
Ramblers @ Sycamores SYCS
Aces @ Bears BEARS
Panthers @ Bulldogs BULLDOGS

Sunday
Braves @ Salukis SALUKIS
Redbirds @ Crusaders REDBIRDS
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 7

Postby Tom Servo » February 5th, 2018, 8:28 am

Tues:
Indiana State

Wed:
Loyola
Bradley
Evansville

Thurs:
Illinois State

Sat:
Loyola
Evansville
Drake

Sun:
SIU
Illinois State
Go Aces!
Tom Servo
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby valleyclimber » February 5th, 2018, 9:18 am

Think this is going to be a no-nonsense kind of week in the Valley. Here goes on the MVC picks:

Tue-
Sycamores > MSU....ISU continues to surprise, and the Bears....well

Wed-
Ramblers > DU....LUC keeps rolling, while the Bulldogs continue their downward spiral
Panthers > BU....UNI is not playing well (understatement), but the Braves are putrid in roadie action
Aces > VU...UE has been very competitive so far, but the Crusaders throw a scare into the Ford crowd

Thur-
Redbirds > SIU...battle of Illinois as ISU evens it up against the Salukis

Sat-
Sycamores > LUC....calling it as ISU pulls off an upset as the Sycamores complete a terrific week
Bears > UE....MSU finally gets back on track, but the Aces give the Bears all they can handle
Bulldogs > UNI....DU gets a much needed home W, while the Panthers continue to struggle on the road

Sun-
Salukis > BU...Battle of Illinois #2 with SIU disposing of the sinking (and road awful) Braves
Redbirds > VU....Crossroads game for ISU as a road W at the Crusaders place could pay dividends

I'm lovin' all the MVC action this season and really looking forward to catching all of this week's wild and wooly games across the hoops crazy Valley. Thank you ESPN3! 8-)

KEEP IT ROCKIN' MVC! :Cheers:
valleyclimber
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby E-Villan » February 5th, 2018, 10:11 am

Tuesday
Sycamores

Wednesday

Loyola
Bradley
Evansville

Thursday
Illinois St

Saturday
Loyola
Evansville
Drake

Sunday
Southern
Illinois State
E-Villan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BCPanther » February 5th, 2018, 10:36 am

Y'all might want to stop picking UNI to win.

Worst offense in the league and giving up 60% from 3 in the second half is a bad, bad combination.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 5th, 2018, 11:16 am

BCPanther wrote:Y'all might want to stop picking UNI to win.

Worst offense in the league and giving up 60% from 3 in the second half is a bad, bad combination.

I miss uniftw arguing with me that this was like 2013-2014 returning all those players. Time for him to eat some crow.

In our preseason finish polls I picked them 7th, then 6th, then 5th, then 4th, then 3rd until everyone finally matched that vote. Looks like I was too high even for that poll by picking them 7th at this point.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » February 5th, 2018, 11:29 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:

I miss uniftw arguing with me that this was like 2013-2014 returning all those players. Time for him to eat some crow.

In our preseason finish polls I picked them 7th, then 6th, then 5th, then 4th, then 3rd until everyone finally matched that vote. Looks like I was too high even for that poll by picking them 7th at this point.

The streak had to end sometime. It has.

Somewhat of a fresh start next year with AJ Green coming in and Koch and Carlson being gone. This sounds crazy but Fran McCaffery being a terrible recruiter is really hurting UNI. He's got 3 guys (Pemsl, Kriener and Bohannon) that we're all but locks to come to UNI until Fran came late. They are role players in the Big Ten on a team full of role players but would have been real impact guys in this league. Would have been a totally different look for us.

Next year is big for Jake because there are a lot of people that have given a lot of money to get him to $1MM and the biggest budget in the league that being where we're at is completely unnacceptable and it is. He's endangering the entire athletic department with a salary that big if he doesn't win at a high level. Obviously, we aren't firing him and chances are good this is just a reset year with his track record but there are some folks that are awfully jumpy right now.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » February 5th, 2018, 12:49 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:

I remember when Valpo joined he randomly went on their board to rant about Evansville. That did not age well. UNI now 2 back with 6 to go.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby davidfast » February 5th, 2018, 12:59 pm

valleyclimber wrote:DU....LUC keeps rolling, while the Bulldogs continue their downward spiral

TIL: Winning the previous game on the road to a team who had yet to lose at home is a "downward spiral"
davidfast
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball