2018 MVC - Week 7

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 7

Postby Blers » February 9th, 2018, 3:06 pm

Hrtnfldhse wrote:We will see how the ISUr role players who came up big last night do on the road vs Valpo. If they play with the confidence they did last night with similar results, the future is very bright for the Birds


Honestly it may be better to have your starters out now. We lost some games because of it but losing our backcourt early forced players like Williamson, Satterwhite, and Skokna to play a lot more and in my opinion all three are better off because of it; especially Williamson.
Blers
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 322
Joined: March 21st, 2016, 2:33 pm

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 7

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 7

Postby Redhawk » February 9th, 2018, 3:51 pm

Blers wrote:
Hrtnfldhse wrote:We will see how the ISUr role players who came up big last night do on the road vs Valpo. If they play with the confidence they did last night with similar results, the future is very bright for the Birds


Honestly it may be better to have your starters out now. We lost some games because of it but losing our backcourt early forced players like Williamson, Satterwhite, and Skokna to play a lot more and in my opinion all three are better off because of it; especially Williamson.


Totally agree with you Blers. If ISUr is to win Arch Madness they most likely can't do with just their big 3.
They will need consistent contributions from Williams, Ndiaye, Bruninga, Tinsley and Clarance. Hopefully they can build off last nights showing and the extended time they should see the last 5 games of the regular season!
Redhawk
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 397
Joined: November 13th, 2015, 7:41 am

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 7

Postby musiccitybulldog » February 10th, 2018, 5:07 pm

Drake beats UNI 71-64. Nick McGlynn had 17, Timmer 15, and CJ Rivers 12 points 9 rebounds and had a great game, Noah Thomas and Casey Schlatter hit some big three's. UNI always seems dangerous to me.
musiccitybulldog
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 856
Joined: August 4th, 2010, 2:53 pm

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 7

Postby Blers » February 10th, 2018, 5:23 pm

Not sure why our guys can’t hang onto the ball when they play Lansing, close game thanks to some big boy threes by Barnes in the second half. That kid can shoot.
Blers
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 322
Joined: March 21st, 2016, 2:33 pm

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 7

Postby jackwagon » February 10th, 2018, 5:37 pm

Barnes is the most overrated player in the league. Give me Custer all day
jackwagon
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 325
Joined: November 14th, 2011, 7:33 pm

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 7

Postby Blers » February 10th, 2018, 7:18 pm

jackwagon wrote:Barnes is the most overrated player in the league. Give me Custer all day


Definitely don’t disagree, the shots seem to come with lots of head scratching decisions.

I also don’t know if there’s any players I’d trade Custer for. Him Ingram and Townes really have shown that X factor late in games. The will to win is huge with those guys
Blers
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 322
Joined: March 21st, 2016, 2:33 pm

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 7

Postby BCPanther » February 10th, 2018, 8:46 pm

UNI is now an absolute lock for Thursday. I'm hoping we do it right and get the 10 seed.
BCPanther
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 893
Joined: August 8th, 2010, 9:10 am

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 7

Postby pafan » February 10th, 2018, 9:05 pm

I feel like it has been a lot of years since the 10th seed was not a team who was about to fire their coach... I don't think either Valpo or UNI is in danger of making a change.
Owner - PurpleAcesFans.com
User avatar
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: August 10th, 2010, 9:03 am
Location: Ford Center

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 7

Postby E-Villan » February 10th, 2018, 9:16 pm

pafan wrote:I feel like it has been a lot of years since the 10th seed was not a team who was about to fire their coach... I don't think either Valpo or UNI is in danger of making a change.


No, both should be fine, but I sure hope one of the Thursday teams is planning on it.

Since Drake and Bradley appear to be escaping it this year, does Drake Night now become Marty Night?
E-Villan
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 83
Joined: January 14th, 2015, 11:18 pm

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 7

Postby Old School MVC » February 10th, 2018, 9:30 pm

E-Villan wrote:
pafan wrote:I feel like it has been a lot of years since the 10th seed was not a team who was about to fire their coach... I don't think either Valpo or UNI is in danger of making a change.


No, both should be fine, but I sure hope one of the Thursday teams is planning on it.

Since Drake and Bradley appear to be escaping it this year, does Drake Night now become Marty Night?


Don't count Bradley out of Thursday quite yet. They have a tough stretch in front of them. I have a gut feeling the ISUb @ Bradley game to end the season will be to stay out of Thursday night.
Old School MVC
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 152
Joined: October 3rd, 2016, 6:19 pm

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 7

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 11th, 2018, 4:24 pm

About what I figured here today for the Birds. No Evans and Fayne is going to be a problem for us these final few games.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: February 28th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 7

Postby Blers » February 11th, 2018, 4:39 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:About what I figured here today for the Birds. No Evans and Fayne is going to be a problem for us these final few games.


This game is UGLY. Clarence is definitely showing signs of growth though!
Blers
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 322
Joined: March 21st, 2016, 2:33 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: VUGrad1314 and 11 guests