2018 MVC - Week 8

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 8

Postby Rollbird5 » February 13th, 2018, 3:42 pm

Tuesday
UNI

Wednesday
Drake
Loyola
Redbirds
Missouri State

Saturday
Indiana State
ISU
Valpo

Sunday
Missouri State
Evansville[/quote]
Chicago Cubs are the 2016 World Series Champions!

Twitter: @AMason005
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 662
Joined: January 21st, 2014, 1:10 am

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 8

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 8

Postby BravesBU » February 13th, 2018, 5:23 pm

Tuesday
UNI

Wednesday
Drake
Loyola
Bradley
SIU

Saturday
SIU
UNI
Bradley

Sunday
Missouri State
Loyola
BravesBU
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit
 
Posts: 10
Joined: January 1st, 2018, 5:17 pm

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 8

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » February 13th, 2018, 10:14 pm

4 Evansville starters had 2 points or less. Ryan Taylor had 26. Did they set quadruple screens all night?
User avatar
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 372
Joined: February 10th, 2014, 9:59 am

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 8

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 13th, 2018, 10:56 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:4 Evansville starters had 2 points or less. Ryan Taylor had 26. Did they set quadruple screens all night?


UNI didn't have a field goal for the final 10 minutes and still won with just 47 points.

That second half was brutal to watch.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: February 28th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 8

Postby Kyle@MOState » February 13th, 2018, 11:07 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
MissouriValleyUnite wrote:4 Evansville starters had 2 points or less. Ryan Taylor had 26. Did they set quadruple screens all night?


UNI didn't have a field goal for the final 10 minutes and still won with just 47 points.

That second half was brutal to watch.



Wooooow..... :Beer:
Kyle@MOState
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit
 
Posts: 19
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 10:26 pm

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 8

Postby bufan741777 » February 14th, 2018, 7:56 am

Redbirds4Life wrote:
Adunk33 wrote:Good for those Redbird fans out their still picking the Birds over BU. Playing without Fayne and Evans hurts, then throw Bruninga into the mix and ISU is looking at 7 guys, not including the walk-on and the scholarship player that chills at the end of the bench.


Have you seen Luke Litwiller?!?! MAN....kid can play, no doubt about it. Dirty Dan will have the boys ready. He knew this was coming, and that's why he went to an 8-man rotation, wanted to have the boys ready for this trip. After the game, ISU fans will be saying Fayne Who? and Luke and the Gas man will household names.

Northern Iowa
Indiana State
Porter
KaBoom!
Paul Lusk

Southern Illinois
Illinois State
KaBoom!
Paul Lusk
Porter


A little more optimistic than BirdsEye view lol
bufan741777
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 105
Joined: January 1st, 2018, 8:22 pm

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 8

Postby Redbirds4Life » February 14th, 2018, 8:14 am

bufan741777 wrote:
Redbirds4Life wrote:
Adunk33 wrote:Good for those Redbird fans out their still picking the Birds over BU. Playing without Fayne and Evans hurts, then throw Bruninga into the mix and ISU is looking at 7 guys, not including the walk-on and the scholarship player that chills at the end of the bench.


Have you seen Luke Litwiller?!?! MAN....kid can play, no doubt about it. Dirty Dan will have the boys ready. He knew this was coming, and that's why he went to an 8-man rotation, wanted to have the boys ready for this trip. After the game, ISU fans will be saying Fayne Who? and Luke and the Gas man will household names.

Northern Iowa
Indiana State
Porter
KaBoom!
Paul Lusk

Southern Illinois
Illinois State
KaBoom!
Paul Lusk
Porter


A little more optimistic than BirdsEye view lol


I will say, it isn't like we are playing the Golden State Warriors....I mean it is still Bradley....Luke and Gas Man could go off tonight, ya never know....
Redbirds4Life
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 196
Joined: January 20th, 2017, 2:02 pm

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 8

Postby Tom Servo » February 14th, 2018, 8:15 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:
MissouriValleyUnite wrote:4 Evansville starters had 2 points or less. Ryan Taylor had 26. Did they set quadruple screens all night?


UNI didn't have a field goal for the final 10 minutes and still won with just 47 points.

That second half was brutal to watch.


The first half wasn't much better...
Go Aces!
User avatar
Tom Servo
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 143
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 3:37 pm
Location: Evansville, IN

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 8

Postby BCPanther » February 14th, 2018, 8:42 am

UNI had 17 second half points. And won.

I'd call it bad basketball, but I'm just not willing to insult bad basketball like that. The good news is we probably get Part III in StL on Thursday Night!!

All that said, that was the best total defensive effort UNI has had since November. Taylor made contested shots and UNI took everybody else out. Lots of turnovers and shot clock violations on UE.

Usually, its first one to 55 when UNI and Evansville play, who knew it would be first to 45 last night...
BCPanther
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 893
Joined: August 8th, 2010, 9:10 am

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 8

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 14th, 2018, 8:54 am

Unless Boogie and Clarance go off, we have no shot.

I'll bet on it.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: February 28th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 8

Postby pafan » February 14th, 2018, 9:48 am

BCPanther wrote:I'd call it bad basketball, but I'm just not willing to insult bad basketball like that. The good news is we probably get Part III in StL on Thursday Night!!


Oh for the Scottrade Faithful to be so lucky as to get a healthy dose of Marty+Jakeball to make the rest of the teams look exciting and speedy. :Cheers:
Owner - PurpleAcesFans.com
User avatar
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: August 10th, 2010, 9:03 am
Location: Ford Center

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 8

Postby mule » February 14th, 2018, 11:58 am

BCPanther wrote:UNI had 17 second half points. And won.

All that said, that was the best total defensive effort UNI has had since November. Taylor made contested shots and UNI took everybody else out. Lots of turnovers and shot clock violations on UE.

Ironically, UE averages 14 TOs a game and committed only 11. The refusal of players other than Taylor to take shots did the Aces in. Also, UE averages 19 free throw attempts and shot ZERO. First time since 2001 that UE attempted no free throws in a game.
mule
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 128
Joined: September 29th, 2016, 6:50 am

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dabirds0987, UNDfan and 14 guests