2018 MVC - Week 8

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 8

Postby musiccitybulldog » February 14th, 2018, 9:04 pm

Drake wins 90-76 over Indiana State. Reed Timmer has 39 points. Drake won the rebounding also. Everyone scored well.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby pafan » February 14th, 2018, 9:22 pm

SIU beats MSU by about 0.3 seconds in overtime. A tip-in that would have won it for the Bears was just a bit too late.

Fun game. Wouldn't mind a rematch of that one in STL.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby VUGrad1314 » February 14th, 2018, 9:42 pm

Man, the results just haven't been there for us but I love the way we've been playing since the home game against Indiana State. Yes we're 2-3 in that stretch but we've been in every game and could very easily have gone 4-1 or 5-0. We should have a better year next year but it may still be tough sledding depending on how much talent other schools retain and how quickly their new talent comes together. But I can't wait to see where we are in two years in 2019-2020 when all these freshmen and sophomores are juniors and seniors and we've had a couple of recruiting classes to supplement them. I have a feeling we're going to be pretty good pretty soon.
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby lime » February 14th, 2018, 10:27 pm

Drake has a foot in the door for Friday. I believe that a scenario where they tie Evansville at 9–9 and lose a tiebreaker for 6th, although it's unlikely.
lime
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Blers » February 15th, 2018, 11:08 am

VUGrad1314 wrote:Man, the results just haven't been there for us but I love the way we've been playing since the home game against Indiana State. Yes we're 2-3 in that stretch but we've been in every game and could very easily have gone 4-1 or 5-0. We should have a better year next year but it may still be tough sledding depending on how much talent other schools retain and how quickly their new talent comes together. But I can't wait to see where we are in two years in 2019-2020 when all these freshmen and sophomores are juniors and seniors and we've had a couple of recruiting classes to supplement them. I have a feeling we're going to be pretty good pretty soon.

Evelyn is gonna be a problem for this league. Loved seeing Richardson lock him up, but he's also a senior and was the only one who could seem to keep him under control. Future is certainly bright for Valpo.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby VUGrad1314 » February 15th, 2018, 4:00 pm

Yeah. I know everyone in the conference has this argument with injuries and so forth but if only Joe Burton had kept himself academically eligible. I have a feeling we'd at least be somewhere in the middle of the pack. I think his presence could have flipped some of these close losses into wins.
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby VUGrad1314 » February 15th, 2018, 4:03 pm

Blers wrote:
VUGrad1314 wrote:Man, the results just haven't been there for us but I love the way we've been playing since the home game against Indiana State. Yes we're 2-3 in that stretch but we've been in every game and could very easily have gone 4-1 or 5-0. We should have a better year next year but it may still be tough sledding depending on how much talent other schools retain and how quickly their new talent comes together. But I can't wait to see where we are in two years in 2019-2020 when all these freshmen and sophomores are juniors and seniors and we've had a couple of recruiting classes to supplement them. I have a feeling we're going to be pretty good pretty soon.

Evelyn is gonna be a problem for this league. Loved seeing Richardson lock him up, but he's also a senior and was the only one who could seem to keep him under control. Future is certainly bright for Valpo.

Your coach has an eye for talent. Custer is incredible and Krutwig just abused us down on the low block in both meetings despite our size at the five. Is he seriously just a freshman?
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » February 15th, 2018, 4:28 pm

VUGrad1314 wrote:
Blers wrote:

Your coach has an eye for talent. Custer is incredible and Krutwig just abused us down on the low block in both meetings despite our size at the five. Is he seriously just a freshman?

Krutwig is going to be a problem for all of us. He's fat Seth Tuttle. Same skill set and he'll add the ability to step out and hit the 3.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » February 15th, 2018, 8:37 pm

He shed 30 pounds from the time he arrived on campus to the start of the season. Kid just WORKS. I’ll be curious if he sheds more weight while adding muscle. I had sky high hopes for him but he’s blown those away... I haven’t seen him get physically over powered much this season.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ahunte1 » February 16th, 2018, 10:01 am

BCPanther wrote:Krutwig is going to be a problem for all of us. He's fat Seth Tuttle. Same skill set and he'll add the ability to step out and hit the 3.

Funny, my friend who came to the game Wednesday said Krutwig should spend the whole summer shooting threes.
ahunte1
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball