2018 MVC - Week 8

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 8

Postby jturner38 » February 16th, 2018, 12:03 pm

Blers wrote:He shed 30 pounds from the time he arrived on campus to the start of the season. Kid just WORKS. I’ll be curious if he sheds more weight while adding muscle. I had sky high hopes for him but he’s blown those away... I haven’t seen him get physically over powered much this season.

He is impressive, the only player I seen him struggle against was Murphy on INSU although Krutwig played much better the second go around. He will be a problem in the league. Another big guy who has the potential to be a problem is Rickman of INSU. If Only he had Krutwig's offensive skillset. Can we name some of the other bigs who we all think will be a problem or better next year?
jturner38
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 16th, 2018, 12:24 pm

jturner38 wrote:
Blers wrote:He shed 30 pounds from the time he arrived on campus to the start of the season. Kid just WORKS. I’ll be curious if he sheds more weight while adding muscle. I had sky high hopes for him but he’s blown those away... I haven’t seen him get physically over powered much this season.

He is impressive, the only player I seen him struggle against was Murphy on INSU although Krutwig played much better the second go around. He will be a problem in the league. Another big guy who has the potential to be a problem is Rickman of INSU. If Only he had Krutwig's offensive skillset. Can we name some of the other bigs who we all think will be a problem or better next year?

Phil Fayne - ISUr
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jturner38 » February 16th, 2018, 2:13 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
jturner38 wrote:

Phil Fayne - ISUr

I forgot he was a Jr and not Sr. Then there is also Thik Bol if he returns %100 from Injury.
jturner38
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ptownbraves » February 16th, 2018, 2:17 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
jturner38 wrote:

Phil Fayne - ISUr

On Bradley, Elijah Childs is the best big Bradley has had since Patrick O'Bryant. It will be fun watching him get better the next few years.

Koch Bar will be a Junior. He's shown flashes of the kind of player he can be, but can struggle to put it altogether. He is not great with his back to the basket and can have stone hands at times. I think his defense in the post is underappreciated, as he does a nice job of using his size to alter shots. Wardle like to use him on the high screen, so if his strength and footwork can improve, then he'll be much improved next year on both sides of the ball.
ptownbraves
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Blers » February 16th, 2018, 2:53 pm

Really impressed by Childs. Rickman can play as well. I'll be curious to see Phyfe next season for UNI; he's got potential but just fouls too much.

Loyola also has ESPN 4 star recruit Frank Agunanne coming in from La Lumiere next season. Raw offensively but everything I've read suggests he's one of the country's top rebounders and a great defender as well.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby VUGrad1314 » February 17th, 2018, 12:15 pm

VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TSmithBJJ » February 17th, 2018, 3:21 pm

SIU beats IN St. in Terre Haute 76-72 (OT). The Salukis had 3 starters foul out in the game: Bartley and Pippen in regulation, and Lloyd in overtime. Smithpeters had 11/7/6 off the bench for the Dawgs.
BJJ, Muay Thai, and MMA.... (and MVC basketball).
TSmithBJJ
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby ahunte1 » February 17th, 2018, 3:50 pm

TSmithBJJ wrote:SIU beats IN St. in Terre Haute 76-72 (OT). The Salukis had 3 starters foul out in the game: Bartley and Pippen in regulation, and Lloyd in overtime. Smithpeters had 11/7/6 off the bench for the Dawgs.

That game made me feel bad for Trees fans.
ahunte1
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TSmithBJJ » February 17th, 2018, 4:42 pm

ahunte1 wrote:
TSmithBJJ wrote:SIU beats IN St. in Terre Haute 76-72 (OT). The Salukis had 3 starters foul out in the game: Bartley and Pippen in regulation, and Lloyd in overtime. Smithpeters had 11/7/6 off the bench for the Dawgs.

How so? I thought the Salukis got their eyeballs screwed out in the second half. Lol
BJJ, Muay Thai, and MMA.... (and MVC basketball).
TSmithBJJ
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby James_SIU » February 17th, 2018, 4:45 pm

ahunte1 wrote:

Agreed. One of those games that no matter who lost they were going to feel terrible. Both teams had terrible calls against them. Both had several opportunities to win the game and let it slip away. Setups a big game in Carbondale on Wednesday against Loyola.
James_SIU
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball