2018 MVC - Week 8

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 2018 MVC - Week 8

Postby VUGrad1314 » February 18th, 2018, 5:25 pm

Great win for Drake. Big battle for positioning coming up @Illinois State next week. They lock up third place with a win and could even finish second if SIU stumbles and they win out. Owing to their sweep of Bradley they won't finish any lower than fourth. Tremendous season! As for Missouri State they're really leaking oil right now. One has to wonder whether they've totally quit on Paul Lusk.
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Bulldog2323 » February 19th, 2018, 12:03 pm

That moment when the six players from Missouri State's bench got ejected for leaving the bench....I get the rule and why it exists but even as a Drake fan I thought that was unfair.
Bulldog2323
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » February 19th, 2018, 2:15 pm

Bulldog2323 wrote:That moment when the six players from Missouri State's bench got ejected for leaving the bench....I get the rule and why it exists but even as a Drake fan I thought that was unfair.

Alabama had to play with THREE players for 10 minutes in a game earlier this season due to the same thing. Funny thing is they almost pulled off a comeback verses an at the time number 14 team, Minnesota.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BradleyFan71 » February 19th, 2018, 3:03 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Bulldog2323 wrote:That moment when the six players from Missouri State's bench got ejected for leaving the bench....I get the rule and why it exists but even as a Drake fan I thought that was unfair.

Alabama had to play with THREE players for 10 minutes in a game earlier this season due to the same thing. Funny thing is they almost pulled off a comeback verses an at the time number 14 team, Minnesota.

Yeah...I don't see how the rule can be construed as unfair. All teams (and coaching staffs) should be well aware of that rule. Do we really want everyone to come off the bench every time a player goes down?
BradleyFan71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby musiccitybulldog » February 19th, 2018, 5:54 pm

You can't leave the bench area during play. What were they thinking. Lusk even admitted it's the rule.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Drakey » February 19th, 2018, 6:05 pm

That was the best thing that happened for MSU all day. They still had seven players, including all of the players who were actually playing in the game. After that the crowd got fired up and the Bears actually put out some effort on defense for the rest of the game. They got aggressive offensively too and started making shots. I don't think we would have needed a last second shot to win if that had not occurred.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball