Arch Madness Seating

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Arch Madness Seating

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » February 15th, 2018, 1:39 am

Barry Hinson inherited an 8-23 program in APR hell that’s about 180th in MBB expenses.

Don’t miss the forest for the trees.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ptownbraves » February 16th, 2018, 9:02 am

Kyle@MOState wrote:
Red wrote:Man it's going to look empty on TV.

I don't think they are even selling the upper bowl, there wasn't a lot of people up there anyway, but those people will now be forced to sit in the lower bowl. That should at least help the appearance on TV.

Yeah, I've heard they are curtaining off the upper deck altogether.
ptownbraves
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ACECARD » February 16th, 2018, 8:21 pm

ptownbraves wrote:
Kyle@MOState wrote:
Red wrote:Man it's going to look empty on TV.

I don't think they are even selling the upper bowl, there wasn't a lot of people up there anyway, but those people will now be forced to sit in the lower bowl. That should at least help the appearance on TV.

Yeah, I've heard they are curtaining off the upper deck altogether.

Welcome to the Ford Center.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby VU2014 » February 16th, 2018, 9:05 pm

GoSIU88 wrote:Not if the Salukis keep winning and play on Saturday....the Silent Majority of people who either don't post on SalukiNation or got banned for pointing out someone's lie (like myself) will show up.

For us newbie Valpo fans can you elaborate. :?: What exactly happened?
VU2014
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Southern Hoops Fan » February 18th, 2018, 9:52 am

Looking at SEC Tournament tickets, all tickets for the first night are $10 general admission. I think this would be a great idea for the MVC, both from an attendance & optics perspective.
Southern Hoops Fan
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby KingTut » February 24th, 2018, 1:17 pm

ACECARD wrote:Welcome to the Ford Center.

At least they have a basketball configuration at the Scottrade. It always drives me nuts watching Evansville games the way they kind of plop down some bleachers in a half-assed conversion from hockey to basketball.
KingTut
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby KingTut » February 24th, 2018, 1:26 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Barry Hinson inherited an 8-23 program in APR hell that’s about 180th in MBB expenses.

Don’t miss the forest for the trees.

So we're supposed to accept SIU rolling over for every team with a pulse? With the program slowly becoming Indiana State, where the local HS game has more fans and a livelier atmosphere?

There's no reason SIU can't be a competitive MVC program. Barry has had more than enough time and he hasn't even sniffed the NIT. He doesn't even bother recruiting against peers (unless it's the son of an asst. coach). He just takes the recruiting leftovers, the juco barely-gonna-qualifiers.

He doesn't schedule in a way that shows any interest in postseason.

Barry is bottom-tier among MVC coaches in recruting and scheduling. He's no more than mid-tier in in-game coaching. And he gets his panties in a wad when fans point that out, telling them to stay home and eat cheetos.

There's a reason he's one of the NCAA's longest-tenured coaches without a tourney berth. He does his job like the co-worker who just wants to stay employed but doesn't want to excel.
KingTut
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball