‘18 Arch Madness - Friday Quarterfinals

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » February 24th, 2018, 10:50 pm

Occupying Drake Night every year this decade, the red and blue were picked for another Thursday night randevú in the 7/10 nightcap. The Bulldogs and Braves battle at Arch Madness yet again - but this time on Friday as the two moribound programs have been resurrected.

Noon
#1 Loyola / #9 Northern Iowa

#4 Drake / #5 Bradley

#2 Southern Illinois / #7 Missouri State

#3 Illinois State / #6 Indiana State
Last edited by MissouriValleyUnite on March 1st, 2018, 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: ‘18 Arch Madness - Friday Quarterfinals

Postby Redbird90 » February 25th, 2018, 3:23 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Occupying Drake Night every year this decade, the red and blue were picked for another Thursday night randevú in the 7/10 nightcap. The Bulldogs and Braves battle at Arch Madness yet again - but this time on Friday as the two moribound programs have been resurrected.

Noon
#1 Loyola /

#4 Drake / #5 Bradley

#2 Southern Illinois /

I found myself cheering for Bradley yesterday afternoon, which is awful for an ISUr fan. But, #3 is an awful place to be. Almost impossible on Sunday if you make it that far after enduring a late Friday and typically having to fight hard again on Saturday. The tank is empty by Sunday. Not that the #4/#5 winner is going to have an easy Saturday this year, but I think I would have taken my chances.
Redbird90
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby musiccitybulldog » February 25th, 2018, 3:46 pm

Going to be the Bulldogs and Illinois State on Sunday. Redbirds better round up the big "O", get the hair cut ready, bring him along and let's have it out again.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby goramblers2011 » February 25th, 2018, 5:39 pm

musiccitybulldog wrote:Going to be the Bulldogs and Illinois State on Sunday. Redbirds better round up the big "O", get the hair cut ready, bring him along and let's have it out again.

Don't mean this in a hostile way, but genuinely curious...

Assuming Drake gets by Bradley on Friday, what do you think will go differently for Drake vs Loyola than their two regular season meetings (a 23 point LU win @Drake and a 15 point LU win @LU)?
goramblers2011
All MVC
All MVC

Postby musiccitybulldog » February 25th, 2018, 8:45 pm

goramblers2011 wrote:
musiccitybulldog wrote:Going to be the Bulldogs and Illinois State on Sunday. Redbirds better round up the big "O", get the hair cut ready, bring him along and let's have it out again.

Don't mean this in a hostile way, but genuinely curious...

Assuming Drake gets by Bradley on Friday, what do you think will go differently for Drake vs Loyola than their two regular season meetings (a 23 point LU win @Drake and a 15 point LU win @LU)?

No hostility taken. Drake was in the game both times until past the 3/4 mark. First meeting didn't shoot well from 3, second meeting Loyola shot very well from three down the ending stretch. The team can focus on the road well and will be up for the games I believe. They did well in preseason tournament play, I know you had a good win also. But I believe if the Bulldogs beat long time foe Bradley they will be up for making it beyond St. Louis. I hope the Ramblers take them lightly. Good Luck.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Adunk33 » February 26th, 2018, 11:35 am

https://twitter.com/DaveReynolds2/statu ... 5858349056

Huge hit for BU. I'm not sure if Wardle is a guy who likes to play opposum or not, but tough news for the Gargs.

Edit: For those without Twitter: Brian Wardle said today that Darrell Brown has a lateral ankle sprain and they're not planning on him playing in Friday's MVC tournament. Wardle: "We’ll see how it goes this week, but he still can’t put any weight on it." #bradleybraves
Adunk33
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 1st, 2018, 10:35 pm

Panthers win Purple Party and Paul survives another day.

Noon
#1 Ramblers / #9 Panthers

#4 Bulldogs / #5 Braves

#2 Salukis / #7 Bears

#3 Redbirds / #6 Sycamores
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » March 2nd, 2018, 8:42 am

How fitting for Barry to be the one to administer the death blow.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirds4Life » March 2nd, 2018, 9:01 am

Loyola
Bradley
Southern Illinois
Indiana State

As for the Birds, I HATE HATE HATE this matchup, there is a reason we are underdogs tonight. Going to be a tough one for the boys. I think they can win, but I fear 2016 all over again.
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ptownbraves » March 2nd, 2018, 10:45 am

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Occupying Drake Night every year this decade, the red and blue were picked for another Thursday night randevú in the 7/10 nightcap. The Bulldogs and Braves battle at Arch Madness yet again - but this time on Friday as the two moribound programs have been resurrected.

Noon
#1 Loyola / #9 Northern Iowa

#4 Drake / #5 Bradley

#2 Southern Illinois / #7 Missouri State

Loyola favored by 6
Bradley favored by 3
Missouri St. favored by 2.5
Illinois St. favored by 2

Darrell Brown will be playing for Bradley.
ptownbraves
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball