First post...Thursday Night predictions and Friday Matchups?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: First post...Thursday Night predictions and Friday Match

Postby Go4Valley » February 26th, 2018, 12:55 pm

People in no way was I belittling Evansville. Unfair for people to believe I would troll them. Was a mistake and thats it. I want to see mid majors all come up so I have a place in my heart for all the teams
Go4Valley
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MVC1972 » February 26th, 2018, 1:18 pm

Not the letter police...but...like I said...been reading the forum for years. Love it. There is nothing like MVC basketball. I love the goodhearted bantering...as much as the next fella. But...I've been following a lot of these teams since the old MCC days. Parity is the word that describes this league. On any given night...the 10th seeded team could beat the 1st seeded team. It's all about the match ups and who's healthy.

Mid-major basketball is the purest form of collegiate athletics...because these are truly student athletes that will have careers outside of basketball after graduation. With the current FBI investigations going on...I'm proud of coaches like Marty, Greg Lansing, Dan Muller, Ben Jacobson...etc.
MVC1972
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby hot nuts » February 26th, 2018, 1:18 pm

Go4Valley wrote:People in no way was I belittling Evansville. Unfair for people to believe I would troll them. Was a mistake and thats it. I want to see mid majors all come up so I have a place in my heart for all the teams

Don't sweat it....just an overreaction....regardless if it was intentional or not. Nobody needs to throw fit over something so menial. Maybe it needs a hashtag, #NotMyInitialism
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby E-Villan » February 26th, 2018, 1:48 pm

hot nuts wrote:
Go4Valley wrote:People in no way was I belittling Evansville. Unfair for people to believe I would troll them. Was a mistake and thats it. I want to see mid majors all come up so I have a place in my heart for all the teams

Don't sweat it....just an overreaction....regardless if it was intentional or not. Nobody needs to throw fit over something so menial. Maybe it needs a hashtag, #NotMyInitialism

Agreed...we got a lot more to worry about in Evansville right now than if someone mistakenly gets the initials backwards. I enjoyed your post, and completely understood from the depth of it, that it was clearly an honest mistake.
E-Villan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby 9628 » February 26th, 2018, 2:27 pm

"As a UIS Redbird fan, I can feel your pain. I'll take E-Ville and NIU on Thursday Night. Wait...the Drake/Bradley game got moved to Friday????"

Just to clarify, the quote above is what prompted my call for the "letter" police. Earlier in the thread a poster was called out for not using the appropriate name for Evansville, and just a little later a poster did the same thing to UNI and nobody said a thing. Just calling for some consistency. Way to many posts for me.
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby hot nuts » February 26th, 2018, 2:55 pm

9628 wrote:"As a UIS Redbird fan, I can feel your pain. I'll take E-Ville and NIU on Thursday Night. Wait...the Drake/Bradley game got moved to Friday????"

Just to clarify, the quote above is what prompted my call for the "letter" police. Earlier in the thread a poster was called out for not using the appropriate name for Evansville, and just a little later a poster did the same thing to UNI and nobody said a thing. Just calling for some consistency. Way to many posts for me.

Just a little sarcasm on my part...I assumed that was shining through. We're all good,post away!
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbird90 » February 26th, 2018, 2:56 pm

MVC1972 wrote:Parity is the word that describes this league. On any given night...the 10th seeded team could beat the 1st seeded team. It's all about the match ups and who's healthy.

Mid-major basketball is the purest form of collegiate athletics...because these are truly student athletes that will have careers outside of basketball after graduation. With the current FBI investigations going on...I'm proud of coaches like Marty, Greg Lansing, Dan Muller, Ben Jacobson...etc.

This is absolutely true. This may be the best Arch Madness in years in light of the parity between the teams. Impossible to predict how this will play out. I won't miss the WSU fans, though. :Cheers:
Redbird90
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby BCPanther » February 26th, 2018, 3:07 pm

I'll take ISTC over EU and UV over SMS.

Everyone happy now?
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rambler63 » February 26th, 2018, 4:06 pm

Update on the MSU-Valpo game.... Valpo guard Micah Bradford may not be available.

https://twitter.com/nwi/status/968209387172003842
Rambler63
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby bleach » February 26th, 2018, 7:06 pm

Go4Valley wrote:MSUDuo.....ouch! So Paul Lusk scared of his alma mater? Well Valpo will be game for sure. Let's see how much pride those Bears seniors have

I don't know if pride is a factor when half the team tries to run Lusks "stuff" and half know better than to run it.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball