All-MVC

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: All-MVC

Postby Adunk33 » February 27th, 2018, 2:31 pm

Dansen wrote:Loyola raking them in:

General Custer is POY (by a wide margin too)

Cameron Krutwig is FOY

Ben Richardson is DPOY

Don't agree with Richardson but agree with the other too. Not hating on him just think Church or Johnson were more deserving.

Milik is Newcomer of the Year, too.
Adunk33
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Blers » February 27th, 2018, 2:54 pm

Adunk33 wrote:

Cameron Krutwig is FOY

Ben Richardson is DPOY

Don't agree with Richardson but agree with the other too. Not hating on him just think Church or Johnson were more deserving.

I was actually surprised Richardson got it. I've thought he's been deserving of defensive team the last few years but never made it. I'm guessing voters looked at what he did against opposing stars. Frustrated Yarbrough and Timmer a lot in both matchups... Neutralized Evelyn at home after it looked like he was going to take over when matched up with a couple of other guys.

Kind of a case of eye test over stats. That said I was totally expecting Johnson to win, but i'm not complaining haha.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jackwagon » February 27th, 2018, 3:05 pm

Redhawk wrote:
Majik45 wrote:The problem with Evans is that ISU was basically a 3 man team this year. It's hard to put 3 members from the same team on an all conference team when the team finishes 3rd in the league. Good chance he makes it if the Redbirds had won the league.

Sorry but I can't follow your logic here. ISUr was a 14 point blown 2nd half lead at SIU from 2nd place
thanks to their BIG 3 covering for each other while they all missed games this season.

You don't seem to argue about 2 players each from Bradley and ISUb when those teams couldn't even finish above .500 in the league!

You're also a ISUB blown late lead in the second half at your place from being the 6 spot on a 3 way tie breaker. Every team could play the what if game to make an argument.
Last edited by jackwagon on February 27th, 2018, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » February 27th, 2018, 3:07 pm

Redhawk wrote:
Majik45 wrote:The problem with Evans is that ISU was basically a 3 man team this year. It's hard to put 3 members from the same team on an all conference team when the team finishes 3rd in the league. Good chance he makes it if the Redbirds had won the league.

Sorry but I can't follow your logic here. ISUr was a 14 point blown 2nd half lead at SIU from 2nd place
thanks to their BIG 3 covering for each other while they all missed games this season.

You don't seem to argue about 2 players each from Bradley and ISUb when those teams couldn't even finish above .500 in the league!

At the same time, it took Illinois State being unconscious from 3 in the second half (11 of 14) to beat UNI at home by 4. In league play where everybody knows everybody else so well its easy to remember the ones you should have had and forget the ones you escaped with.

Its like saying if UNI beats SIU and InSU at home and holds on at Illnois State, they're the 2 seed instead of the 9 and totally forgetting escaping Valpo and Evansville at home.

That's part of what makes this league great.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BuBrave2006 » February 27th, 2018, 3:30 pm

Adunk33 wrote:

Cameron Krutwig is FOY

Ben Richardson is DPOY

Wait, Johnson? Like Alize Johnson? for DPOY? Is that what you are saying?
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redhawk » February 27th, 2018, 3:44 pm

jackwagon wrote:You're also a ISUB blown late lead in the second half at your place from being the 6 spot on a 3 way tie breaker. Every team could play the what if game to make an argument.

I was making an argument for the player...not the team. If Evans would have been healthy enough to actually play in that game against ISUb they most likely wouldn't have needed a comeback!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby underdawg » February 27th, 2018, 3:58 pm

Smithpeters picked as 6th Man of Year---that was a surprise, even though I'm an SIU fan
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby SalukiHoops » February 27th, 2018, 4:06 pm

underdawg wrote:Smithpeters picked as 6th Man of Year---that was a surprise, even though I'm an SIU fan

The only person off the bench for Southern for the majority of the season due to injuries and Stradnieks being garbage.
SalukiHoops
SalukiHoops
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby underdawg » February 27th, 2018, 5:14 pm

SalukiHoops wrote:
underdawg wrote:Smithpeters picked as 6th Man of Year---that was a surprise, even though I'm an SIU fan

The only person off the bench for Southern for the majority of the season due to injuries and Stradnieks being garbage.

Then he did deserved it--he was our bench
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Majik45 » February 27th, 2018, 7:22 pm

There us a rule that you can't start more than 25% of your games to win the award or something like that. He was deserving.
Majik45
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball