No votes
Marty Simmons will be fired
7%
Marty Simmons won't be fired
23%

Total votes : 60

Which MVC head coach will be fired?

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » March 2nd, 2018, 9:28 pm

I think only Paul Lusk will be fired. Amazingly Lansing and Simmons are spared.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Which MVC head coach will be fired?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Which MVC head coach will be fired?

Postby BEARZ77 » March 2nd, 2018, 10:53 pm

Pretty sure Lusk announcement will come tomorrow after the team and officials return to Springfield. There was a premature report tonight by a local media outlet that AD Kyle Moats denied, but I think that was simply to do things in a more dignified manner back home. Our nightmare is over, now we just have to hope we can ace the hire. There's a lot speculation on our board about ton's of names with of course none of it having been commented on by MSU, but I'm hoping for someone like Craig Smith or Darrin Horn. Smith might be the favorite for Colorado St with Eustacy's departure though. There are about 6-7 names I'm pretty comfortable with no matter which becomes the front runner, but it'll probably be someone I had not considered. I do think it won't be an assistant unless he had prior D-1 HC experience like a Horn does.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pafan » March 2nd, 2018, 11:09 pm

It's not at all amazing that Lansing will keep his job. His buyout, if he were fired today, is almost $800,000. I can only imagine what firing Lansing that would do to their budget going forward.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby E-Villan » March 2nd, 2018, 11:35 pm

Lusk will be the only one.

Marty deserves it, and like 99% of our fans, I am more than ready to see a change, but, our President is done at the end of the school year, and a search is currently in place. I don't see anyone pulling the trigger now, and frankly, that is probably best. I don't trust our current leadership to make such an important hire, especially with one foot out the door. Hopefully the new president will understand the importance of athletics, and our history of support, and quickly make the necessary changes to our program.

I don't get the Lansing angle, he has the least to work with of anybody in the league. His results haven't been stellar, but he has done more with less for a long time. Lowest paid coach with the lowest budget in the conference. Unless Bird is going to start throwing money into the athletic department, I don't see how they can do better. I said this on our board, I would love to see what Lansing would have done with our 2015-16 team.
E-Villan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 2nd, 2018, 11:57 pm

Bradley hired Reynolds and Wardle with an outgoing President 3 years ago (Geno’s status was in limbo a bit after arch madness because of the HBIC uncertainty). Illinois hired Whitman and Lovie with an outgoing Chancellor. Hopefully the powers that be come together in Evansville.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby E-Villan » March 3rd, 2018, 11:50 am

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Bradley hired Reynolds and Wardle with an outgoing President 3 years ago (Geno’s status was in limbo a bit after arch madness because of the HBIC uncertainty). Illinois hired Whitman and Lovie with an outgoing Chancellor. Hopefully the powers that be come together in Evansville.

My assumption is the outgoing President at Bradley had a little more passion for the athletic programs than the outgoing UE President. I posted this comparison on our board, and I think it is indicative of how things are. It is the twitter account of our outgoing President compared to the President of Murray State. I think it clearly illustrates how the involvement and support from the leadership translates to both on court success, and more importantly, fan and student involvement. It is more than coincidental that Murray is rocking the Ford Center this weekend better than UE has at any time in the last 2 years. I want Marty gone, but I want our President replaced first.

https://twitter.com/MurrayStatePrez

https://twitter.com/TomKazee1
E-Villan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby acesfool » March 4th, 2018, 3:34 pm

I hate watching our offense but I sure hope we keep Marty. His teams are the best bets in college basketball. Any time we play a major conference school with talent you can bet the house on the other team. His teams are usually decent bets at home against weak teams where we shoot 20 more free throws pretty regularly.
acesfool
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball