Paul Lusk Fired

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Paul Lusk Fired

Postby All-MVC Fan » March 6th, 2018, 11:10 am

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:If Colorado State or Missouri State or anyone else hires Becky Hammon, they are getting themselves a terrific coach.

Having never heard of her, I looked her up. Aside from being a really good player, what is it about her that would lead you to believe she would be a great HC of MSU’s basketball team? Serious question.
All-MVC Fan
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » March 6th, 2018, 11:19 am

All-MVC Fan wrote:
MissouriValleyUnite wrote:If Colorado State or Missouri State or anyone else hires Becky Hammon, they are getting themselves a terrific coach.

Having never heard of her, I looked her up. Aside from being a really good player, what is it about her that would lead you to believe she would be a great HC of MSU’s basketball team? Serious question.

She has only been a key assistant for four years for one of the model organizations in all of professional sports. Oh and she was the head coach of the team that won the NBA Summer League two years ago. And was successful in the WNBA.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby AndShock » March 6th, 2018, 11:25 am

Are NBA assistants given college HC jobs? Legit question, I can’t think of any off the top of my head. That’s not even mentioning the fact that you’d be recruiting 16 year old kids to go play for a woman. That’s not a job I’d want to have. Not saying there’s anything wrong with it but you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think you would automatically be putting yourself in an uphill battle.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » March 6th, 2018, 11:35 am

AndShock wrote:Are NBA assistants given college HC jobs? Legit question, I can’t think of any off the top of my head. That’s not even mentioning the fact that you’d be recruiting 16 year old kids to go play for a woman. That’s not a job I’d want to have. Not saying there’s anything wrong with it but you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think you would automatically be putting yourself in an uphill battle.

I get that it would be a big deal for Kansans. But fortunately the rest of the country has moved past this kind of bias--to clarify, I am not speaking directly to AndShock on this one. I wouldn't want a recruit that would not go to a school because their head coach is a woman. Let them go elsewhere.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Play Angry » March 6th, 2018, 12:12 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
AndShock wrote:Are NBA assistants given college HC jobs? Legit question, I can’t think of any off the top of my head. That’s not even mentioning the fact that you’d be recruiting 16 year old kids to go play for a woman. That’s not a job I’d want to have. Not saying there’s anything wrong with it but you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think you would automatically be putting yourself in an uphill battle.

I get that it would be a big deal for Kansans. But fortunately the rest of the country has moved past this kind of bias--to clarify, I am not speaking directly to AndShock on this one. I wouldn't want a recruit that would not go to a school because their head coach is a woman. Let them go elsewhere.

Shameful, Casey, that you would deny that a woman would face inherent obstacles in a male-dominated industry.

Your woke card has been revoked and I hereby request that the mods label your account with giant capital "P" so that new members will know you are the resident sexist pig.

May Barbra Streisand have mercy on your retarded soul.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby AndShock » March 6th, 2018, 1:30 pm

Not speaking directly to me but feels the need to take a shot at Kansas from the futuristic frontier of Missouri. #SealedEnvelope #CUSABound
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby All-MVC Fan » March 6th, 2018, 2:40 pm

How does the locker room/shower thing work with her? Last time I was in a locker room after a game, there were naked guys around. Seems like that would be awkward. :huh:

But I guess it’s the same thing as Geno Auriemma faces. Along with every male coach of a women’s bball team. So maybe it’s not that awkward. Just different, I suppose.
All-MVC Fan
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » March 6th, 2018, 2:52 pm

All-MVC Fan wrote:How does the locker room/shower thing work with her? Last time I was in a locker room after a game, there were naked guys around. Seems like that would be awkward. :huh:

But I guess it’s the same thing as Geno Auriemma faces. Along with every male coach of a women’s bball team. So maybe it’s not that awkward. Just different, I suppose.

Is this a real post? If so, wow. We have a long way to go as a society.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby All-MVC Fan » March 6th, 2018, 3:09 pm

All-MVC Fan wrote:How does the locker room/shower thing work with her? Last time I was in a locker room after a game, there were naked guys around. Seems like that would be awkward. :huh:

Is this a real post? If so, wow. We have a long way to go as a society.

Your reading comprehension skills aren’t well developed, are they? MSU education...
All-MVC Fan
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Cdizzle » March 6th, 2018, 3:11 pm

Good luck to MSU. Interested to see if they go with an ex-Marshall assistant. I'm guessing MSU realizes those guys could be successful, and I'm also guessing that those guys realize they could be successful at MSU.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball