Paul Lusk Fired

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Paul Lusk Fired

Postby AndShock » March 19th, 2018, 2:46 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:I think it'll be a minority hire, Jeter has been mentioned, but I think it'll come down to Rob Lanier or Kim English.

Yikes
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BEARZ77 » March 19th, 2018, 3:10 pm

AndShock wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:I think it'll be a minority hire, Jeter has been mentioned, but I think it'll come down to Rob Lanier or Kim English.

Yikes

I know, we all want Heiar and I have a good friend who is a major booster and has talked to Heiar a number of times, and he apparently would take the job if offered. But honestly, things are so tight lipped about the search, we could all be surprised.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » March 19th, 2018, 3:54 pm

Lanier has withdrawn from consideration for the position.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » March 19th, 2018, 6:26 pm

glm38 wrote:Lanier has withdrawn from consideration for the position.

Hopefully that means Missouri State has found their man.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby VUFWAlum » March 20th, 2018, 9:02 am

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Rob Jeter? I would laugh if I wasn't sure that there is a decent chance it happens. Can we hire Paul Lusk back already? We look very foolish by not hiring a search firm. Very foolish. Get his one right Clif or get out!

Rob Jeter was a good coach that got absolutely no support from his administration and athletic director. This is well documented by the media and Jimmy Lemke a blog writer who is perhaps the BB programs biggest fan. UNLV seems to have benefited from the addition of Jeter. Would he be the right person to replace Lusk... I don't know enough about Missouri State to have an informed opinion, but I do know that given the proper support Jeter could be a very good D1 coach. Lemke pointed most of this out in his Valley Hoops Insider report on UWM.

The backlash to the firing of Rob Jeter
Lemke vs Braun UWM AD
Player speaks out about UWM lack of support
VUFWAlum
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » March 20th, 2018, 12:16 pm

It sounds like Colorado assistant Kim English is the choice. Our school president is enamored with social media and Kim English has a ton of followers on Twitter. He is also well known in the state of Missouri. He will win the press conference and Clif likes that sort of thing.

This potential hire is very displeasing to me. I prefer winning games to press conferences.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » March 20th, 2018, 1:41 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:It sounds like Colorado assistant Kim English is the choice. Our school president is enamored with social media and Kim English has a ton of followers on Twitter. He is also well known in the state of Missouri. He will win the press conference and Clif likes that sort of thing.

This potential hire is very displeasing to me. I prefer winning games to press conferences.

29 years old with exactly 3 years as an assistant?

He's going to get KILLED with the other coaching talent in this league. You've just hired a less qualified Paul Lusk.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 20th, 2018, 1:53 pm

Feels like it was just yesterday English played for that Mizzou team with the Pressey brothers that looked like it could win a national championship then suffered a stunning loss to the Norfolk State Spartans.

Can’t think of a single reason you wouldn’t hire Heiar here. You’ve got 3 coaches killing it (Jans, Earl, Forbes) as tangible evidence of what you might be getting.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » March 20th, 2018, 2:19 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Feels like it was just yesterday English played for that Mizzou team with the Pressey brothers that looked like it could win a national championship then suffered a stunning loss to the Norfolk State Spartans.

Can’t think of a single reason you wouldn’t hire Heiar here. You’ve got 3 coaches killing it (Jans, Earl, Forbes) as tangible evidence of what you might be getting.

This hire is not as much about basketball as it is about personality and grabbing the headlines in KC and St. Louis. Maybe he can live tweet during the games. That would attract attention and get people to notice.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » March 20th, 2018, 2:25 pm

BCPanther wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:It sounds like Colorado assistant Kim English is the choice. Our school president is enamored with social media and Kim English has a ton of followers on Twitter. He is also well known in the state of Missouri. He will win the press conference and Clif likes that sort of thing.

29 years old with exactly 3 years as an assistant?

He's going to get KILLED with the other coaching talent in this league. You've just hired a less qualified Paul Lusk.

I sincerely doubt he'll be as bad as Paul Lusk. But if true it's a very underwhelming hire. He could be good but with his lack of experience it's a huge gamble.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball