Paul Lusk Fired

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Paul Lusk Fired

Postby Kyle@MOState » March 20th, 2018, 4:00 pm

AndShock wrote:I really just can’t comprehend how an AD and Prez can be this incompetent. It goes back to last year where they guaranteed an NCAA tournament bid when every Average Joe in the world could see that that was a long shot at best. Now they’re making a hire that everyone in the world can see is terrible. It almost leads me to believe corruption over incompetence because no one is this dumb.

It is all speculation at this point, but fans feel like where there is smoke there is fire. They need to hit a home run with this hire to get fans back in the building. I have seen literally no one that approves of hiring Kim English, whether it is due to inexperience or ties to corrupt coach, Frank Haith. I honestly hope these are just rumors, because it sounds like the President Smart and AD Moats are driving the bus, and everyone aboard is screaming that they are going the wrong way on a one way street, but think that they know better, and are just leading us in to a head on collision.
Kyle@MOState
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby VUFWAlum » March 20th, 2018, 4:04 pm

Have to admit that I am very surprised that English would be considered the frontrunner.
VUFWAlum
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby BEARZ77 » March 20th, 2018, 4:25 pm

My first two choices were Heiar and Darrin Horn. I have no idea if English is going to be the choice or not, but there certainly is a lot of fuel to that fire right now. Either an incredibly stupid and needlessly risky choice, or a very inspired and ballsy one. One note, Alford was a similar age with less experience when we grabbed him. Not saying the same results would follow, probably unlikely, but things will be interesting if it is English. Not gonna crucify him if he gets his shot; he's had a lot of people outside the MSU circle endorsing him, so he's impressed someone along the way.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby All-MVC Fan » March 20th, 2018, 4:34 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:My first two choices were Heiar and Darrin Horn. I have no idea if English is going to be the choice or not, but there certainly is a lot of fuel to that fire right now. Either an incredibly stupid and needlessly risky choice, or a very inspired and ballsy one. One note, Alford was a similar age with less experience when we grabbed him. Not saying the same results would follow, probably unlikely, but things will be interesting if it is English. Not gonna crucify him if he gets his shot; he's had a lot of people outside the MSU circle endorsing him, so he's impressed someone along the way.

Don’t mean to stick my nose in here, but Alford had head coaching experience when SMS hired him. At least he’d run a program. But maybe this English dude will be great. I hope so. Good for the goose, good for the gander.
All-MVC Fan
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby glm38 » March 20th, 2018, 4:35 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:I encourage any and all MSU fans to email the administration and express their grave concern and supreme misgivings about this situation. They are listening and it is not too late.

It's a good thought but I have zero confidence it would make any difference..
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » March 20th, 2018, 4:41 pm

AndShock wrote:I really just can’t comprehend how an AD and Prez can be this incompetent. It goes back to last year where they guaranteed an NCAA tournament bid when every Average Joe in the world could see that that was a long shot at best. Now they’re making a hire that everyone in the world can see is terrible. It almost leads me to believe corruption over incompetence because no one is this dumb.

Cliff Smart is actually incredibly good at most aspects of his job. Under his watch and guidance MSU has had unprecedented growth both in the student body and infrastructure. This at a time when MU has lost enrollment and had all kinds of problems. The university is prospering in difficult times and he is a big reason why.

With that being said I and many other fans don't think he really understands D1 athletics and he seems to be in total control of the athletics department (not Kyle Moats). IMO we need a competent AD and Smart needs to take a step back. Not sure that's going to happen anytime soon though.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » March 20th, 2018, 4:52 pm

All-MVC Fan wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:My first two choices were Heiar and Darrin Horn. I have no idea if English is going to be the choice or not, but there certainly is a lot of fuel to that fire right now. Either an incredibly stupid and needlessly risky choice, or a very inspired and ballsy one. One note, Alford was a similar age with less experience when we grabbed him. Not saying the same results would follow, probably unlikely, but things will be interesting if it is English. Not gonna crucify him if he gets his shot; he's had a lot of people outside the MSU circle endorsing him, so he's impressed someone along the way.

Don’t mean to stick my nose in here, but Alford had head coaching experience when SMS hired him. At least he’d run a program. But maybe this English dude will be great. I hope so. Good for the goose, good for the gander.

Alford had 2 years HC at a D-3 non-scholarship program. Now he was successful, but still no recruiting background or D-1 assistant experience. Again, English isn't whom I'd chose, but I don't think it'd be the disaster some like to think. He's got a lot of people who have been incredibly impressed with him for him to even be in the running.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » March 20th, 2018, 4:58 pm

Dana Ford's name now being bantered???
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » March 20th, 2018, 5:01 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:Dana Ford's name now being bantered???

This is getting ridiculous now. Regardless of how this search ends, I hope that Mr. Moats will be asked to leave shortly, and that Mr. Smart decides to retire. New leadership is needed at all levels.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » March 20th, 2018, 5:03 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:
All-MVC Fan wrote:

Alford had 2 years HC at a D-3 non-scholarship program. Now he was successful, but still no recruiting background or D-1 assistant experience. Again, English isn't whom I'd chose, but I don't think it'd be the disaster some like to think. He's got a lot of people who have been incredibly impressed with him for him to even be in the running.

Yeah I'm not convinced it would be a disaster either.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ ... 8f438.html
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball