Paul Lusk Fired

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Paul Lusk Fired

Postby AndShock » March 21st, 2018, 5:36 am

BearsCountry wrote:
AndShock wrote:Not sure I get the Dana Ford love. The guy just went 10-8 in his 4th season in the OVC.

https://twitter.com/SteveLayman/status/ ... 1115031552
https://twitter.com/SteveLayman/status/ ... 9938388994

I imagine his W/L is going to look eerily similar to John Cooper’s in 5 years.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BEARZ77 » March 21st, 2018, 7:13 am

AndShock wrote:
BearsCountry wrote:
AndShock wrote:Not sure I get the Dana Ford love. The guy just went 10-8 in his 4th season in the OVC.

https://twitter.com/SteveLayman/status/ ... 1115031552
https://twitter.com/SteveLayman/status/ ... 9938388994

I imagine his W/L is going to look eerily similar to John Cooper’s in 5 years.

Go back to your board and talk about your next tourney game, oops that's right you don't have one; then talk about that top 100 pg, oops that's right he bailed on ya. Well then just follow quietly a league with a team still playing, unlike the aac . Uhh, that would be Loyola of the MVC. :Yea!:
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 21st, 2018, 7:14 am

Dana Ford can recruit. We will see if he can coach against the coaches in the MVC.

I always liked him to succeed Dan Muller someday. Should be a good hire here for MSU.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MSUDuo » March 21st, 2018, 8:17 am

I can't lie and say some of my excitement doesn't stem from the fact that Jeter or English are not our coach.

Do I think we could have done better? Yes. Do I think Moats and Smart tried to land a Forbes or Dooley? Yes.

With that said, what I know about Ford (Marshall guy, JUCO ties, area ties, etc), I like.

Excited to see the new era of Bears basketball begin. Been awhile since I could say I was excited about a season and it's only March.
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby ACECARD » March 21st, 2018, 10:05 am

MSUDuo wrote:I can't lie and say some of my excitement doesn't stem from the fact that Jeter or English are not our coach.

Do I think we could have done better? Yes. Do I think Moats and Smart tried to land a Forbes or Dooley? Yes.

With that said, what I know about Ford (Marshall guy, JUCO ties, area ties, etc), I like.

Excited to see the new era of Bears basketball begin. Been awhile since I could say I was excited about a season and it's only March.

That's pretty much what we Aces are feeling like right now, with Walter McCarty being touted as the next Aces coach. Celtics assistant, NBA player, local boy. Been a while since excitement has been this high in the bend on the river.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » March 21st, 2018, 10:12 am

I think Ford is a good hire for us and has the potential of being a home run hire. Time will tell.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MSUDuo » March 21st, 2018, 10:14 am

glm38 wrote:I think Ford is a good hire for us and has the potential of being a home run hire. Time will tell.

I feel a lot better about Ford than I did before Lusk.
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Rogers101 » March 21st, 2018, 11:06 am

I'm cool with it. I hope lack of resources is what held him back at TSU. I know they are fighting an uphill battle there. Seems like a well spoken guy.
Rogers101
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Redbirds4Life » March 21st, 2018, 12:47 pm

Great Hire, but I am super bummed that he won't still be out there when Dan Muller eventually leaves.
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby musiccitybulldog » March 21st, 2018, 2:55 pm

I think the guy will be a scrapper. TSU beat Belmont at home this year I am pretty sure, that's no easy task.
Probably has some good areas to recruit now.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball