Paul Lusk Fired

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Paul Lusk Fired

Postby E-Villan » March 7th, 2018, 12:14 pm

Congrats Missouri State fans and best of luck. Would you mind sending a "How to Fire your Coach' or "Firing Coaches for Dummies" book to the following address?

Office of the President
1800 Lincoln Avenue
Evansville, IN 47722
E-Villan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby underdawg » March 7th, 2018, 12:39 pm

E-Villan wrote:Congrats Missouri State fans and best of luck. Would you mind sending a "How to Fire your Coach' or "Firing Coaches for Dummies" book to the following address?

Office of the President
1800 Lincoln Avenue
Evansville, IN 47722

Is it a money problem for you guys to move on that?
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby E-Villan » March 7th, 2018, 1:02 pm

underdawg wrote:
E-Villan wrote:Congrats Missouri State fans and best of luck. Would you mind sending a "How to Fire your Coach' or "Firing Coaches for Dummies" book to the following address?

Office of the President
1800 Lincoln Avenue
Evansville, IN 47722

Is it a money problem for you guys to move on that?

UE has money, and some well heeled boosters. There does seem to be some question on the length of his contract. Some say one year left, others say there are at least two. With his salary somewhere in the mid-300's, two might be a little chuncky.

I am afraid it is just more of a case of apathy from our president and key boosters. He's a great guy who does it the right way..... Luckily, we are replacing the president this year, so there is hope. Seeing a fellow private win the league, and another school act on its coach will hopefully open someones eyes.
E-Villan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby musiccitybulldog » March 7th, 2018, 1:19 pm

Do they hire a consulting/search firm at MSU when hiring a new coach?
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby scotte101 » March 7th, 2018, 1:29 pm

musiccitybulldog wrote:Do they hire a consulting/search firm at MSU when hiring a new coach?

No, they are keeping it "in house" this time.
scotte101
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby scotte101 » March 7th, 2018, 1:30 pm

Office of the President
1800 Lincoln Avenue
Evansville, IN 47722

Considering how long Lusk stayed here, I'm not sure you want their advice...
scotte101
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby glm38 » March 7th, 2018, 2:38 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
glm38 wrote:Casey welcome back. I've missed your unique take on Bears basketball.

Thank you. It is good to be back. I checked out a couple of years ago when it became apparent that Missouri State did not value men's basketball. I started following Drury hoops pretty close and have watched a ton of NBA basketball. Now that the university is serious again about men's basketball I am anxious to don maroon again, I like it better than that Drury red and gray stuff.

Yeah it hasn't been much fun being a Bears fan these past 7 years.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » March 7th, 2018, 3:40 pm

scotte101 wrote:
musiccitybulldog wrote:Do they hire a consulting/search firm at MSU when hiring a new coach?

No, they are keeping it "in house" this time.

And that is likely a huge mistake. Not just the fact that a search firm can maintain confidentiality and find coaches that you might not otherwise would anticipate having interest in the job, but they also assist with the vetting of candidates.

It sounds like the search committee has a short list and evidently several are SEC assistants but with the FBI probe it is very concerning that we are not allowing a search firm to properly vet candidates.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » March 8th, 2018, 7:52 am

I think a search firm was unnecessary for a number of reasons; first and foremost is I think we've been kicking this tire for the past 16 months or so and had both candidates and contacts established. Basically in todays market coaches have their agents talking all the time to potential opportunities. Secondly, while a lot of people have reservations about Moats, he does have extensive contacts and relationships from years at Marquette and Louisville' He moved quickly and secured Kellie Harper and Coach Stec w/o search firms. While the jury is out on Stec, Harper was a quality hire.

I may be wrong as they are pretty tight fisted with the process, but it looks a lot like Heiar is possibly the main target and something could happen quickly. Both Smart and Moats are in STL this week. Heiar has chosen to "follow" MSU, Moats and Smart on twitter of late. While I am nervous about anyone w/o D-1 HC experience, everything else about Heiar[ except HC experience and the fact he could be a fast riser to other opportunities once successful] shout no-brainer and smart move. Another SEC assistant supposedly drawing interest and being talked with in STL is Roger Powell of Vandy and formerly with Valpo. Bear Nation is extremely anxious for things to move forward and other than a few souls would be pretty happy with Heiar; Powell would have more questions. I like his background and makeup, just not sure I want MSU to be his initial HC lab.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MSUDuo » March 8th, 2018, 9:03 am

First interview doesn't mean top target. Heiar had Marshall speaking out on his behalf from my understanding which probably landed him the first opportunity to schedule an interview. Never mind the fact that he was "coming here" for the interview in STL.
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball