2018 MVC Championship - Ramblers vs Redbirds (1pm CBS)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Who wins Arch Madness?

Poll ended at March 4th, 2018, 8:41 pm

Sister Jean
71%
Reggie
29%

Total votes : 21

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 3rd, 2018, 8:41 pm

One decade ago, ILST pinkslipped Porter and MOST fired Barry. A decade later, Barry ended the season of his former employer. After resurrecting a sleeping giant, will Porter do the same to his?

RAMBLERS
REDBIRDS
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: 2018 MVC Championship - Ramblers vs Redbirds (1pm CBS)

Postby AndShock » March 3rd, 2018, 8:41 pm

Go Ramblers

:dance:
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BearsCountry » March 3rd, 2018, 8:50 pm

Every Valley team expect Valpo has been on CBS for the MVC Championship Game now.
BearsCountry
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby glm38 » March 3rd, 2018, 8:52 pm

Should be a really interesting matchup in the post between Fayne and Krutwig.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby VU2014 » March 3rd, 2018, 10:37 pm

The "logical" choice would be Loyola but I think the Red Birds are going to win tomorrow and pull the upset.

I'm rooting for Illinois State solely based on the fact that I think Loyola has a at-large shot so I'd like to see 2 teams get in.
Last edited by VU2014 on March 4th, 2018, 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
VU2014
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby purple&orange » March 3rd, 2018, 10:46 pm

I think Loyola deserves a tournament birth. They've done just about all you can do under the current system where larger school can duck you, buy out contracts, etc. On the NC State team sheet it should read the first line: BOUGHT THEIR WAY OUT OF GAME AT LOYOLA. When read the decision makers should read into that statement two things....NC State is scared to play quality teams when they don't have to, especially on the road and secondly, somebody thought enough of this Loyola team that they are dangerous enough to beat up on the big boys.

Somehow if the Ramblers don't win tomorrow it'll be their fault they were too dangerous for NC State to return that game, to get any game against a Power 5, except at Florida which they went on the road and got a victory.

As for tomorrow, I believe the two most talented teams are matching up on CBS and that whoever comes out on top will represent the league well and not be a popular matchup for whoever is on the other end of that game.

If I thought the committee would think that way, I'd pull for Illinois State and let Loyola get an at-large, but I have zero faith in that happening so nothing personal Illinois State but I'd like to see the Ramblers go dancing without the waiting game, where teams like Syracuse beat Clemson and now are magically in the touranment....even if they lose to Georgia Tech or someone horrid in round 1 of the ACC Tournament because, well they finally got one after having a plethora of chances.
purple&orange
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Redhawk » March 4th, 2018, 12:10 am

BearsCountry wrote:Every Valley team expect Valpo has been on CBS for the MVC Championship Game now.

6th time in the last 11 years for the Redbirds....it's about time they win one!!!!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ptownbraves » March 4th, 2018, 7:56 am

purple&orange wrote:I think Loyola deserves a tournament birth. They've done just about all you can do under the current system where larger school can duck you, buy out contracts, etc. On the NC State team sheet it should read the first line: BOUGHT THEIR WAY OUT OF GAME AT LOYOLA. When read the decision makers should read into that statement two things....NC State is scared to play quality teams when they don't have to, especially on the road and secondly, somebody thought enough of this Loyola team that they are dangerous enough to beat up on the big boys.

Somehow if the Ramblers don't win tomorrow it'll be their fault they were too dangerous for NC State to return that game, to get any game against a Power 5, except at Florida which they went on the road and got a victory.

As for tomorrow, I believe the two most talented teams are matching up on CBS and that whoever comes out on top will represent the league well and not be a popular matchup for whoever is on the other end of that game.

If I thought the committee would think that way, I'd pull for Illinois State and let Loyola get an at-large, but I have zero faith in that happening so nothing personal Illinois State but I'd like to see the Ramblers go dancing without the waiting game, where teams like Syracuse beat Clemson and now are magically in the touranment....even if they lose to Georgia Tech or someone horrid in round 1 of the ACC Tournament because, well they finally got one after having a plethora of chances.

What was NC State's reasoning for buying out the Loyola game? Why did they even schedule it in the first place?

There's a real possibility that whoever reps the Valley, they are looking at a matchup with Wichita State. You know the selection committee loves a good storyline. They are around a 4 seed at this point. Loyola is sitting around 12, so I'd imagine Illinois State would be a couple spots behind, maybe in the 14 range.
ptownbraves
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mvfcfan » March 4th, 2018, 9:50 am

I hope Loyola wins by no less than 30.
mvfcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirdgrad » March 4th, 2018, 11:31 am

mvfcfan wrote:I hope Loyola wins by no less than 30.

That's the spirit. Any particular reason?
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball