Too early 2018-19 predictions

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Too early 2018-19 predictions

Postby reSaluki88 » March 29th, 2018, 12:15 am

Spike wrote:
underdawg wrote:As far as McGill I think next year he will step into the sixth man role that Smithpeters had this year. At Panola two years ago he averaged about 13 ppg but also had 80 plus steals, 180 assists, 3.50/1 TO to assists ratio. Two years from now he will team up with Aaron Cook to form one of the best Guard tandems in the MVC along with to-be Sophomore 6-4 Darius Beane

McGill is a senior this year.

He's getting a medical redshirt and will have 2 years remaining.
reSaluki88
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Blers » March 29th, 2018, 10:27 am

Assuming porter stays (which most believe) gotta think that LU is in good position to win the Valley again next season. If Moser sticks around I’m willing to bet Custer and Townes do as well; and the hype in redshirt transfer Uguak is starting to get out there... Krutwig will only get better and Williamson’s ready to start in Richardson’s place as well. Plus the new recruits+bench in place should be really talented.

Hopefully we all schedule well as there could be some real competition at the top... I love it!
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirds4Life » March 29th, 2018, 10:34 am

Blers wrote:Assuming porter stays (which most believe) gotta think that LU is in good position to win the Valley again next season. If Moser sticks around I’m willing to bet Custer and Townes do as well; and the hype in redshirt transfer Uguak is starting to get out there... Krutwig will only get better and Williamson’s ready to start in Richardson’s place as well. Plus the new recruits+bench in place should be really talented.

Hopefully we all schedule well as there could be some real competition at the top... I love it!

With him only making around $420k per year, I would be shocked if he stayed.
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » March 29th, 2018, 11:19 am

Redbirds4Life wrote:
Blers wrote:Assuming porter stays (which most believe) gotta think that LU is in good position to win the Valley again next season. If Moser sticks around I’m willing to bet Custer and Townes do as well; and the hype in redshirt transfer Uguak is starting to get out there... Krutwig will only get better and Williamson’s ready to start in Richardson’s place as well. Plus the new recruits+bench in place should be really talented.

With an endowment of $750-million they can find someway to pay him.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby goramblers2011 » March 29th, 2018, 11:30 am

Redbirds4Life wrote:

Already articles and statements by the AD that they are renegotiating the contract and he will be getting a big raise. Only open job out there that would be a step-up at this point is probably Xavier.
goramblers2011
All MVC
All MVC

Postby underdawg » March 29th, 2018, 12:14 pm

I hope he stays with the Ramblers
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Kyle@MOState » March 29th, 2018, 12:46 pm

Just because I love this sort of thing, here are my Too Early Predictions for 2018-19... I don't mean any disrespect to your team just because I have them low, and yes I pick Missouri State high, because I am a homer. I am terrible at predictions, so it will all work itself out in the end.

1. Loyola
2. SIU
3. Bradley
4. Illinois State
5. UNI
6. Missouri State
7. Valpo
8. Indiana State
9. Evansville
10. Drake
Kyle@MOState
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby goramblers2011 » March 29th, 2018, 12:50 pm

I have:

1. Loyola
2. ISUr
3. Bradley
4. SIU
5. UNI
6. Valpo
7. Missouri State
8. ISUb
9. Drake
10. Evansville
goramblers2011
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bleach » March 30th, 2018, 7:16 am

1)Loyola
2)SIU
3)Bradley
4)Redbirds
5)MSU
6)UNI
7)Trees
8)Valpo
9)Drake
10)Aces

SIU should be #1 but don't think Barry is good enough. He is never bad and never great.
MSU could really be anywhere from 1-8. I still don't think people understand how bad Lusk was at coaching. So far, the talent is staying and a couple real nice adds are in place. If Ford is what I hope, the Bears will be contenders but new system (any system at all would be new) and a new coach may want to limit the use of holdovers could cause a real rebuild situation.
Aces and Drake are complete start overs.
All but the bottom 4 have a shot.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 30th, 2018, 8:31 am

1. Loyola - Krutwig, Townes, Custer, Williamson
2. ISUr - return everyone from 2nd place finish and add a few to help interior presence and a scorer/shooter (Copeland)
3. SIU - add back Thik Bol to an already solid roster
4. Bradley - lose Dante Thomas, but return everyone else of value
5. UNI - Addition by subtraction in my mind without Koch and Carlson (Ewing Theory - Bill Simmons reference)
6. Missouri St - Dana Ford effect
7. Indiana St. - lose Brenton Scott, but still have Barnes and Key
8. Valpo - lose Tevonn Walker, but still have Rick Smits kid and Evelyn
9. Drake - could move to 8th if all the recruits stick around...haven't heard either way?
10. Evansville - starting completely over (no Taylor)
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball