Our good friends Wichita...

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Our good friends Wichita...

Postby AndShock » March 19th, 2018, 9:52 pm

LanceShock wrote:
AndShock wrote:As for Porter Moser, I have no idea why he’s succeeding at Loyola but failed at ISUr. I don’t really know how Jank is succeeding at SMU either. Maybe ISUr is just impossible to succeed at. I jest, sort of.

Could just be that they have improved as coaches.

I’m actually of the opinion that Jank still sucks but he’s been able to ride the Larry Brown wave for a year. We should find out how good he really is soon.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby LanceShock » March 20th, 2018, 7:02 am

AndShock wrote:I’m actually of the opinion that Jank still sucks but he’s been able to ride the Larry Brown wave for a year. We should find out how good he really is soon.

Time will tell on him. It will be interesting to see how Loyola handles things with Moser with the success this season. It will be time to use that endowment of theirs to try to keep him.
LanceShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 20th, 2018, 7:42 am

AndShock wrote:
LanceShock wrote:
AndShock wrote:As for Porter Moser, I have no idea why he’s succeeding at Loyola but failed at ISUr. I don’t really know how Jank is succeeding at SMU either. Maybe ISUr is just impossible to succeed at. I jest, sort of.

Could just be that they have improved as coaches.

I’m actually of the opinion that Jank still sucks but he’s been able to ride the Larry Brown wave for a year. We should find out how good he really is soon.

Enjoy really poor NonCon SOS from SMU with Jank at the helm.

Moser become a better coach after ISUr. He worked under Rick Majerus and that helped him immensely after being fired from us.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jsaluki080 » March 20th, 2018, 8:08 am

LanceShock wrote:
AndShock wrote:I’m actually of the opinion that Jank still sucks but he’s been able to ride the Larry Brown wave for a year. We should find out how good he really is soon.

Time will tell on him. It will be interesting to see how Loyola handles things with Moser with the success this season. It will be time to use that endowment of theirs to try to keep him.

I hope Loyola doesn’t go overboard and just hand out a enormous pay raise for Moser. I think a decent pay raise with enormous incentives is the way to go. Something maybe like 200k raise and an additional 250k for getting into the dance and an additional 300k for each round he wins? The number can be messed with. Just trying to give an example
jsaluki080
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby tribecalledquest » March 20th, 2018, 8:52 am

LanceShock wrote:

Moser has had one winning record in the MVC in his nine seasons as a head coach. he is 64-98 in the MVC. Yes, Loyola has had a great season. But I would need to see more before jumping on hiring him or giving him a huge extension.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby goramblers2011 » March 20th, 2018, 9:22 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
LanceShock wrote:

Moser has had one winning record in the MVC in his nine seasons as a head coach. he is 64-98 in the MVC. Yes, Loyola has had a great season. But I would need to see more before jumping on hiring him or giving him a huge extension.

With what he has coming back (Krutwig, Williamson, Townes, Custer and others) and what he has coming in (top recruiting class in the Valley) and what Loyola was for ~30 straight years before he arrived (nothing)...I think Loyola needs to do whatever it takes to keep him.
goramblers2011
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » March 20th, 2018, 9:46 am

goramblers2011 wrote:

With what he has coming back (Krutwig, Williamson, Townes, Custer and others) and what he has coming in (top recruiting class in the Valley) and what Loyola was for ~30 straight years before he arrived (nothing)...I think Loyola needs to do whatever it takes to keep him.

It doesn't matter what Loyola does. If he wants to go he will. That's why these long term contracts with coaches really only benefit the coach and not the school.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 20th, 2018, 9:57 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
LanceShock wrote:

If Moser goes, so does his stellar recruiting. As I just posted on the ridiculous Fire Hinson post, let's also hope Moser gets taken away by a P5. This will assuredly help push transfers with Custer, Krutwig, Williamson and Townes....making it even easier for my Birds to win Arch.

I have seen enough. He has grown Loyola into a formidable contender in our conference for years to come. This Sweet 16 should help propel recruiting even further....
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirdgrad » March 20th, 2018, 5:49 pm

and now the sad sacks lose a recruit...

could GGG be leaving soon as well? Only time will tell...
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 21st, 2018, 7:30 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:By the way, has anyone checked on Shocker Fever/Championz?

I'm worried for his mental health. All that he believed about the demise of the Valley, Loyola was a bad addition and now his Shockers were wrong....yikes.

I'm sure Dan Muller's tweet got under his weak skin too.

UPDATE:

He is still alive and still has an unhealthy hatred for ISUr. I love it. I wonder if his mother will let him out of her basement anytime soon? TBD.

ShockerFever
WuShock University President
Tweet
2 days ago
Valley fans are a salty, salty bunch. Specifically Redturd fans, who continually ride the coattails of others and act like they're the team racking up NCAA appearances. Illinois State now takes over as the Valley's biggest loser, with their NCAA-less streak of 20 year the conference's longest.

And they're in a one-bid league for eternity. Sucks to suck.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball