Our good friends Wichita...

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Our good friends Wichita...

Postby Mikovio » March 17th, 2018, 8:05 am

I want Make the MVC Great Again to show his stupid face. Shocker fan who did nothing but rip Loyola. So much Loyola bashing from Shox who aren't here to eat crow.
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby mvcfan » March 17th, 2018, 4:04 pm

We've lost before although in theValley it was a rare occurrence. Glad to have some competition again. After winning 9 games in the past 5 years, and 5 first rounders in a row, we were due to run into a buzz saw. I was rooting for Loyola in the first round but I'll have to re-evaluate that today.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Dean Wormer » March 17th, 2018, 5:09 pm

There are some positives for 3G. He now has the time to sample the San Diego Steakhouses while Mrs 3G slips across the boarder and makes out with a bottle of Mezcal.
Dean Wormer
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MNPanthers » March 17th, 2018, 5:30 pm

I was gonna write a long and heartfelt post ripping Wichita, but I’ll keep it short.

Watching you lose to a 13 seed after pretending to be a prisoner of mid major bball for the last few years brought me great joy. I look forward to reading more of your butthurt and predictable forum, it’s pretty funny.

Give em hell ‘Blers!
MNPanthers
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby ABC » March 17th, 2018, 5:55 pm

Man, so much pettiness here, especially from Muller.

FWIW, when the Loyola scored was shown at the NCAA tournament game in Wichita on Friday, there was a huge cheer.

I know I was happy, as I would have been for any MVC team but Illinois State. Given how Ill State isn't about to make it to the tourney, that doesn't matter.

The move to the AAC was good for WSU and any other MVC team would have done it too.
ABC
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby glm38 » March 17th, 2018, 7:00 pm

ABC wrote:Man, so much pettiness here, especially from Muller.

FWIW, when the Loyola scored was shown at the NCAA tournament game in Wichita on Friday, there was a huge cheer.

I know I was happy, as I would have been for any MVC team but Illinois State. Given how Ill State isn't about to make it to the tourney, that doesn't matter.

The move to the AAC was good for WSU and any other MVC team would have done it too.

You are totally missing the point. The joy from some on here over WSU losing is about those arrogant over the top WSU fans on this site that constantly belittled everything about the MVC, their teams, and opposing fans. Those same idiotic WSU posters also belittled the addition of Loyola when they came to the MVC.

And so there is a certain karmic justice that in the very year that WSU leaves the Valley - WSU makes a first game exit and Loyola is going to the Sweet 16.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby IllinoisState » March 17th, 2018, 7:08 pm

Talk about pettiness.

Some salt still coming from WSU.
IllinoisState
All MVC
All MVC

Postby freddycat68 » March 17th, 2018, 7:22 pm

If Wichita thinks playing in a conference with East f@#$g Carolina is a step up, so be it. All the "name schools" in the AAC or whatever it's called are washed-up has-beens angling for bygone times the same way some Americans pine for the 1950's. It's useless and ignorant, and you're better off evolving than stepping backwards into a time that never was. As the Valley grows, its defectors fade. Good. They mistook movement for progress, and they're reaping what their hubris has sown.
freddycat68
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby mvcfan » March 17th, 2018, 7:55 pm

glm38 wrote:

You are totally missing the point. The joy from some on here over WSU losing is about those arrogant over the top WSU fans on this site that constantly belittled everything about the MVC, their teams, and opposing fans. Those same idiotic WSU posters also belittled the addition of Loyola when they came to the MVC.

And so there is a certain karmic justice that in the very year that WSU leaves the Valley - WSU makes a first game exit and Loyola is going to the Sweet 16.

I think you may miss the point. There are good WSU posters and bad. There are good and bad MVC posters. You used to beone if the good ones. It's interesting that MSU and WSU have continued relationships in athletics Our women's teams continued to play. There may be other opportunities later on. It's a shame that any school official was petty enough to tweet bitterness. Our school won't react but it's sad. If you don't miss us don't bring us up. Like was said, a lot of Shocker fans were rooting for Loyola. I hope the bitter fans don't win, but probably they will. We are happy for where we are and I hope you are. I also hope school relationships can continue at some level.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Rambler63 » March 17th, 2018, 7:58 pm

Yes, you're right. There are a LOT of nice WSU people. But their fan culture is dominated by assholes. Even their beat writer caters to the rabid assholes who dominate their fandom.

They ragged on Loyola for having bad attendance, but now they're in a conference with Tulane. Loyola got 600 more per game than their new conference mate, Tulane. And I'd wager Loyola will have pretty good attendance next year.

They ridiculed Loyola because "nobody in Chicago cares about Loyola." They do now. And the power of the nation's third largest media market is just now starting to come forward.

They trashed Doug Elgin for "replacing" Creighton with Loyola. Now Loyola has gone deeper in the NCAA Tournament than Creighton has ever gone. TV numbers are huge, because Loyola has blown up in Chicago.

I was lurking at Shockernet leading up to Arch Madness, and they were STILL trashing Loyola. "I'm so glad we're out of that conference" was a major theme.

So they get the 4 seed for finishing second, and crap the bed... just like the did when they got the 1 seed in the MVC. They think they have to be assholes to be winners.
Rambler63
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball