Echenique eligible - New Dynamic Duo?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Echenique eligible - New Dynamic Duo?

Postby cu8493 » December 15th, 2010, 8:27 am

WSUbballer wrote:
cu8493 wrote:I'm not afraid to say it: Echineque is going to send your big boys crying to their mommas :bow: :dance: ( :-P

So let me guess? This post is also obviously made in jest?

Do I really need to answer that?
cu8493
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby jayball » December 15th, 2010, 8:47 am

Aargh wrote:Heck, he's already got his free throws at Shaq's level.

Nice!!!

Baller come on man work on you sense of humor. :)

As for GE, i remember some overly enthusiastic posts. I remember some level headed but optimisitic/hopeful posts.

I don't remember a nonstop chorus of GE will rule the world, but I also don't remember my 20s, so I could have missed it. I don't think anyone is expecting a double double from GE every night, but I'm sure we will hear about it from some posters if he doesn't.

I don't really care. We have two centers now and one is a South American man mountain that eats nails and craps lightning. He sleeps on a pile of old tires and beds women just by saying hola. He only listens to Tears for Fears and 2live Crew. He can plam a basketball with 2 fingers and can dunk while sitting down. And the other guy is Kenny Lawson. That is pretty awesome.

And I'm completely serious.
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Aargh » December 15th, 2010, 9:35 am

When Ehimen Orukpe feels pain, he doesn't flinch.

The world flinches when Ehimen Orukpe feels pain.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ictjay » December 15th, 2010, 11:20 am

When GE pokes you on Facebook, you feel it.

GE can make a Happy Meal cry.

GE can slam a revolving door.

:-o
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Smooth007 » December 15th, 2010, 11:32 am

So you say they are a dominating inside presence and they love to pound the ball inside. I wonder if they are anything like this famous duo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEAYcR8w_tE

Please take this in jest. I just thought the first post was funny. I know they should be one of the best, if not the best, inside tandems.
Smooth007
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Little Eddie » December 15th, 2010, 11:51 am

Aargh wrote:I will fess up to being the ONE AND ONLY Shocker fan who said Stutz would play in the NBA and that if Orukpe kept improving, he had the potential to be a lottery pick. there were a few Shox fans besides myself who gave Stutz a shot at PoY this year.

I'm also the one now posting that Stutz has regressed from last year.

At this point I'm still sticking with Orukpe and if he keeps improving he has the potential to be a lottery pick. I know that's going to be repeated forever without the italicized part. Heck, he's already got his free throws at Shaq's level. I'm also the guy who said Orukpe would never get anywhere near his potential development during his time at WSU.

I just bookmarked, cataloged and indexed this post...

:twisted:

I just want to see the kid play...I saw some great potential during the short scrimmage but that was against CU guys that may be a tad on the soft side underneath. He made it appear as though he sealed his man fairly easily and it was extremely difficult to get around his seal...the problem was, nobody was getting him the ball. Now this was on the first day of practice...I can assume that they've worked on their passing into the post since then. I really don't think we'll get a good feel for how good he is until Valley play...I mean Idaho St? Western IL? Samford? Not the kind of teams that should give the Jays a ton of trouble...should being the operative word. I think I'd be a little concerned if he doesn't put up some decent numbers against these teams...specifically in game 2 or 3...game one may be a battle of nerves/excitement for GE.
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Red » December 16th, 2010, 6:42 am

We should have a separate contest to guess his points and rebounds totals. I'll say 8 points and 7 boards in 18 minutes in his first game.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bigdawg » December 16th, 2010, 9:05 am

There have been reports of a previously unknown star appearing recently over Omaha and cow herders from all over Nebraska beginning a trek to find he who is to come.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » December 16th, 2010, 9:36 am

bigdawg wrote:There have been reports of a previously unknown star appearing recently over Omaha and cow herders from all over Nebraska beginning a trek to find he who is to come.

Very true.

I hear they come bearing gifts of steak, corn and loose women (the traditional gold, frankicense and myrrh have been ruled illegal by the NCAA).
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bigdawg » December 16th, 2010, 9:42 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
bigdawg wrote:There have been reports of a previously unknown star appearing recently over Omaha and cow herders from all over Nebraska beginning a trek to find he who is to come.

Very true.

I hear they come bearing gifts of steak, corn and loose women (the traditional gold, frankicense and myrrh have been ruled illegal by the NCAA).

Does the NCAA have jurisdiction over gifts made by Hugo Chavez? If I see him driving a sweet gold Trans-Am, I'll know something fishy is going on.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball