Echenique eligible - New Dynamic Duo?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Echenique eligible - New Dynamic Duo?

Postby UE 71 » December 13th, 2010, 7:35 pm

Will they play together or will they substitute? They need to prove they can be a better team with both in the lineup. Substituting one for the other makes the 5 spot pretty solid however.
UE 71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby LJay » December 13th, 2010, 7:43 pm

UE 71 wrote:Will they play together or will they substitute? They need to prove they can be a better team with both in the lineup. Substituting one for the other makes the 5 spot pretty solid however.

McD says you'll see both playing together at times but also subbing for one another at times. I can't imagine GE can go more than about 20 minutes yet not having played in a year even with his conditioning supposedly good (went from 300 to 270 since the spring).
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby GarH » December 13th, 2010, 9:13 pm

I expect CU to beat Duke in the finals of the Dance to win the NC.
GarH
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby oneNEIGHBOR » December 13th, 2010, 9:55 pm

GarH wrote:I expect CU to beat Duke in the finals of the Dance to win the NC.

I would be up for that.
Go Shockers!
Ready for some basketball!
oneNEIGHBOR
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Shockerfan13 » December 13th, 2010, 10:15 pm

All I have to say is this Echnikeyquewhateverhisnameis better come out and dominate every game or it could get pretty ugly on this board fast....just sayin....
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jays26 » December 14th, 2010, 8:01 am

Shockerfan13 wrote:All I have to say is this Echnikeyquewhateverhisnameis better come out and dominate every game or it could get pretty ugly on this board fast....just sayin....

Maybe I haven't been keeping up with all the postings here, but I don't recall reading or hearing any Jays fan say that he would come out and "dominate" from the get go. That seems to be coming more from the folks to the South of Omaha. Heck, who knows, he many never "dominate" but I'm just excited to see what he can do for the Jays and how he can help this team.

:Beer:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » December 14th, 2010, 8:36 am

Jays26 wrote:
Shockerfan13 wrote:All I have to say is this Echnikeyquewhateverhisnameis better come out and dominate every game or it could get pretty ugly on this board fast....just sayin....

Maybe I haven't been keeping up with all the postings here, but I don't recall reading or hearing any Jays fan say that he would come out and "dominate" from the get go. That seems to be coming more from the folks to the South of Omaha. Heck, who knows, he many never "dominate" but I'm just excited to see what he can do for the Jays and how he can help this team.

:Beer:

The only posts stating such a thing by CU fans have been in obvious jest. Other than those, I think the only thing CU fans have predicted was that he'd win NOY.

This is just Shockerfan trying to create problems or lay some groundwork for future problems he plans on causing.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jayball » December 14th, 2010, 10:15 am

UE 71 wrote:Will they play together or will they substitute? They need to prove they can be a better team with both in the lineup. Substituting one for the other makes the 5 spot pretty solid however.

I think having the ability to sub a true 5 for a true 5 will be a big help. Right now when Kenny goes out....we have to play Wayne Runnel, Ethan Wragge, or Doug McDermott at the 5. Not a good situation. So having two bigs will help just by not having as big of a size drop off and mismatches.

We'll see over the next 3 games on how some of the rotations might work and what might be effective. Some people are talking about lineups with Ethan or Doug at the 3 and Klaw and GE in the middle. Sounds great except for defense. Who knows, it will be fun to see what the hype has been about and really nice to have 2 guys big enough to play center.
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DoubleJayAlum » December 14th, 2010, 10:34 am

jayball wrote:We'll see over the next 3 games on how some of the rotations might work and what might be effective. Some people are talking about lineups with Ethan or Doug at the 3 and Klaw and GE in the middle. Sounds great except for defense. Who knows, it will be fun to see what the hype has been about and really nice to have 2 guys big enough to play center.

In the last game, McDermott actually had them playing 2-3 zone for a pretty lengthy amount of time (usually when Wragge was on the floor if I am remembering correctly). I can't help but think that he was testing it out to use it if/when Wragge or Doug McDermott play the three. Because our guards have an issue scoring and Doug and Wragge are two of our best/only scorers, I've got to think that coach wants to find a way to get them to play the three. If going zone on the defensive end is what it takes, we may just have to go that way despite GM's hatred of zone.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » December 14th, 2010, 4:59 pm

I remember an ample supply of posts basically saying that any one who could start in the BEast would easily dominate any big guys in the Valley. How Echinique would bring an entirely new and awesome style to the league that we had never seen before.

And on....and on... and on....

I'm not about to go dig them up, but I'm confident some Shocker fans have them bookmarked, cataloged by author, rated for inflammatory content, and photshopped onto various poster templates.

There are probably even bookmarked, cataloged, and indexed posts from BlueJay Cafe that will show up. There have been plenty of posts. Some of which were almost insulting to the Valley because of the awesomeness of anyone who had played in the BEast compared to MVC players.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball