Echenique eligible - New Dynamic Duo?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Echenique eligible - New Dynamic Duo?

Postby Shockerfan13 » December 14th, 2010, 9:10 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
Jays26 wrote:
Shockerfan13 wrote:All I have to say is this Echnikeyquewhateverhisnameis better come out and dominate every game or it could get pretty ugly on this board fast....just sayin....

Maybe I haven't been keeping up with all the postings here, but I don't recall reading or hearing any Jays fan say that he would come out and "dominate" from the get go. That seems to be coming more from the folks to the South of Omaha. Heck, who knows, he many never "dominate" but I'm just excited to see what he can do for the Jays and how he can help this team.

:Beer:

The only posts stating such a thing by CU fans have been in obvious jest. Other than those, I think the only thing CU fans have predicted was that he'd win NOY.

This is just Shockerfan trying to create problems or lay some groundwork for future problems he plans on causing.

Try and backpedal all you want. It was said plenty over the course of the summer. I don't need to look it up because I remember reading about it alot. That is plenty for me. Like I said, you CU fans better hope he is a double double guy EVERY night...or you will hear about it. I mean as I remember reading from CU fans...."if he can average what he did 'in the Big East' (which he didn't even play a game in the Big East his sophmore year) then he will have NO problem with the Valley".
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby WSUbballer » December 14th, 2010, 9:41 pm

[quote="cu8493"]I'm not afraid to say it: Echineque is going to send your big boys crying to their mommas :bow: :dance: ( :-P[/quote]

So let me guess? This post is also obviously made in jest?
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bigdawg » December 14th, 2010, 10:19 pm

Remember that Shox fans are the ones who said Stutz would be a POY candidate and Orupke would be a freaking lottery pick in the NBA draft just a month or so ago. It would be impossible for Echenique to be better than either of them in the minds of Shox fans.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CaliJay » December 14th, 2010, 10:39 pm

Pretty sure every year teams think they have the second coming on their team. You guys act like this is something only Jays fans are doing this year. Shaw, Mekel, Stutz, Booker from SIU, etc etc. Do I think Echenique has the potential to be an all-MVC player by the time he leaves? Absolutely. Do I think he is going to immediately be the best player in the Valley after not playing in over a year? Not at all, and I don't think many Jays fans do expect that. If they do, they are probably going to be disappointed.

Fact is, the kid averaged what 8 and 8 in the Big East as a freshman? I don't think it is some crazy stretch to think he is going to be a very good player in the Valley. Some fans are just loving this and trying to make it into something its not so that when Echenique doesn't put up 20 and 10 every night they can say "I told you so". Good lord fellas, the kid has two and a half years in our league, so let's see what happens before we pass judgements after his first game Saturday.
CaliJay
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby WSUbballer » December 14th, 2010, 10:41 pm

Whoa bigdawg, Shox fans? as in plural? I do recall one fan making some pretty gutsy calls on Stutz. But multiple ones, the entire fanbase? Unless you have some proof to back up your vague wording of "Shox fans", I would appreciate you not grouping me and others in with one person's opinions.
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » December 15th, 2010, 1:00 am

I will fess up to being the ONE AND ONLY Shocker fan who said Stutz would play in the NBA and that if Orukpe kept improving, he had the potential to be a lottery pick. there were a few Shox fans besides myself who gave Stutz a shot at PoY this year.

I'm also the one now posting that Stutz has regressed from last year.

At this point I'm still sticking with Orukpe and if he keeps improving he has the potential to be a lottery pick. I know that's going to be repeated forever without the italicized part. Heck, he's already got his free throws at Shaq's level. I'm also the guy who said Orukpe would never get anywhere near his potential development during his time at WSU.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby cu8493 » December 15th, 2010, 8:27 am

WSUbballer wrote:
cu8493 wrote:I'm not afraid to say it: Echineque is going to send your big boys crying to their mommas :bow: :dance: ( :-P

So let me guess? This post is also obviously made in jest?

Do I really need to answer that?
cu8493
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby jayball » December 15th, 2010, 8:47 am

Aargh wrote:Heck, he's already got his free throws at Shaq's level.

Nice!!!

Baller come on man work on you sense of humor. :)

As for GE, i remember some overly enthusiastic posts. I remember some level headed but optimisitic/hopeful posts.

I don't remember a nonstop chorus of GE will rule the world, but I also don't remember my 20s, so I could have missed it. I don't think anyone is expecting a double double from GE every night, but I'm sure we will hear about it from some posters if he doesn't.

I don't really care. We have two centers now and one is a South American man mountain that eats nails and craps lightning. He sleeps on a pile of old tires and beds women just by saying hola. He only listens to Tears for Fears and 2live Crew. He can plam a basketball with 2 fingers and can dunk while sitting down. And the other guy is Kenny Lawson. That is pretty awesome.

And I'm completely serious.
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Aargh » December 15th, 2010, 9:35 am

When Ehimen Orukpe feels pain, he doesn't flinch.

The world flinches when Ehimen Orukpe feels pain.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ictjay » December 15th, 2010, 11:20 am

When GE pokes you on Facebook, you feel it.

GE can make a Happy Meal cry.

GE can slam a revolving door.

:-o
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball