Echenique eligible - New Dynamic Duo?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Echenique eligible - New Dynamic Duo?

Postby Red » December 16th, 2010, 6:42 am

We should have a separate contest to guess his points and rebounds totals. I'll say 8 points and 7 boards in 18 minutes in his first game.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby bigdawg » December 16th, 2010, 9:05 am

There have been reports of a previously unknown star appearing recently over Omaha and cow herders from all over Nebraska beginning a trek to find he who is to come.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » December 16th, 2010, 9:36 am

bigdawg wrote:There have been reports of a previously unknown star appearing recently over Omaha and cow herders from all over Nebraska beginning a trek to find he who is to come.

Very true.

I hear they come bearing gifts of steak, corn and loose women (the traditional gold, frankicense and myrrh have been ruled illegal by the NCAA).
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bigdawg » December 16th, 2010, 9:42 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
bigdawg wrote:There have been reports of a previously unknown star appearing recently over Omaha and cow herders from all over Nebraska beginning a trek to find he who is to come.

Very true.

I hear they come bearing gifts of steak, corn and loose women (the traditional gold, frankicense and myrrh have been ruled illegal by the NCAA).

Does the NCAA have jurisdiction over gifts made by Hugo Chavez? If I see him driving a sweet gold Trans-Am, I'll know something fishy is going on.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ali » December 17th, 2010, 9:12 am

All hype aside he makes CU better and every Valley coach would love to have him. Will he make them good enough this year to win the conference? I doubt it, but he's a huge piece for a coach to build around for the next couple years.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jays26 » December 17th, 2010, 9:26 am

Ali wrote:All hype aside he makes CU better and every Valley coach would love to have him. Will he make them good enough this year to win the conference? I doubt it, but he's a huge piece for a coach to build around for the next couple years.

Well Said!

:Beer:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby LMS » December 17th, 2010, 12:39 pm

I think most Jays fans are really excited to see GE but also realistic as to the impact he can have this year. The hope is that Lawson moving to the 4 and Wragge or McDermott at the 3 makes those spots as good as any in the MVC.
LMS
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jaysfan24 » December 17th, 2010, 2:28 pm

Shatel: ‘Big E’ no small deal to Bluejays:
http://omaha.com/article/20101216/SPORT ... frompost=1
jaysfan24
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby MVCfans » December 17th, 2010, 7:14 pm

I found this link on Bradleyfans.com - NBC article mentioning Echenique and other potential impact players.

Gregory Echinique, Creighton, Jr.

Echinique may have played for Rutgers, but that doesn’t change the fact that the kid was a hell of a player in the Big East. As a freshman, he averaged 8.4 ppg and 8.4 rpg. Before transferring out of the New Jersey school as a sophomore, he was averaging 12.6 ppg and 7.7 rpg.

And now he is headed to the Valley, which may as well be known as Death Valley this season. For a league that is generally considered one of the best mid-majors in the country year in and year out, this is certainly a down season. Creighton hasn’t been great either, losing to both Nebraska and Iowa State already this season.

But with Echinique joining forces with the Blue Jay’s talented big man Kenny Lawson, Creighton all of a sudden has a front line that can compete with the high-majors. We’ll get out first look at the Venezuelan on Saturday against Iowa State.

http://beyondthearc.nbcsports.com/2010/ ... s/related/
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby LJay » December 17th, 2010, 8:11 pm

We’ll get out first look at the Venezuelan on Saturday against Iowa State.

Woohoo, we get a rematch with Moo U!! Idaho State musta received a buy out of their buy game.
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball