Say it ain’t so Niko

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Say it ain’t so Niko

Postby BEARZ77 » March 22nd, 2018, 12:46 pm

Drakey wrote:Could anybody have less character? We will have no team next year. I don't mean a bad team. I mean no team. We had seven freshmen coming in.

I was just wondering about that knowing you had a lot of seniors leaving and a large recruiting class signed. What if a significant number of them ask for their release ?????
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Sir Sci » March 22nd, 2018, 12:52 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:Paul Lusk is looking........... nah I wouldn't wish that on any MVC member.

Truth.

Also, sorry to hear he's gone. I'm curious what the pay differential is once those details come out.
Sir Sci
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Rambler63 » March 22nd, 2018, 12:58 pm

Wow. I feel REALLY bad for the fans at Drake, who seemed so happy and positive and upbeat this past season. That's pretty low of Medved to do that, even if he does have a history with Colo State. You'd think you could stay at least two years if a school has made that commitment to put their program in your hands, no matter how great the opportunity that comes along.

I was looking forward to Drake being pretty good for the sake of the conference. I hope they get somebody fantastic (but not off-the-charts fantastic...).
Rambler63
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 22nd, 2018, 1:02 pm

Drake lost surprisingly big at Northern Colorado Monday. Niko must've been using that time to pull strings in Fort Collins.

This move was...unnecessary? When Minnesota fires Pitino in a year or two, I bet they would've hired Niko. They probably would've hired him this year if Pitino was fired.

Last year, Drake nearly hired Smith (USD's coach) and USD rallied the wagons right before he left.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 22nd, 2018, 1:19 pm

Guess Niko considers Fort Collins his second home with all his years coaching there.

Drake should make this quick and nab Mullins.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » March 22nd, 2018, 1:30 pm

This may sound hypocritical given I nixed him as a candidate at MSU, but the situations are different and I think given Drake is going to be rebuilding with so many seniors this year, McCullom of NWMST would be a good candidate to come in and build and stay a while. It ain't a flashy or big name hire, but the guy is looking for that first chance at the next level. He's young and has built a fantastic program at the D-2 level.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby musiccitybulldog » March 22nd, 2018, 2:06 pm

Porters getting it done with some good freshman. Plenty of good coaches out there.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby isumvc1 » March 22nd, 2018, 2:17 pm

Twitter is calling for Drake to call Greg Lansing, we at ISU approve of this.
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 22nd, 2018, 3:59 pm

Matthew Bain @MatthewBain_
Drake AD Brian Hardin said Niko Medved called him on Tuesday night to say he was pulling out of the Colorado State coaching search.

Hardin said Niko Medved called him at 9:30 this morning to say he was taking the job. Said he thought Niko was joking.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » March 22nd, 2018, 4:00 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Matthew Bain @MatthewBain_
Drake AD Brian Hardin said Niko Medved called him on Tuesday night to say he was pulling out of the Colorado State coaching search.

Hardin said Niko Medved called him at 9:30 this morning to say he was taking the job. Said he thought Niko was joking.

Wow. That suuuuuuuucks.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball