Walter McCarty New Evansville Head Coach

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Walter McCarty New Evansville Head Coach

Postby ACECARD » April 13th, 2018, 3:13 pm

TOPSTRAIGHT wrote:EVANSVILLE gets SERIOUS!

Yes, they did. They got the coaches, now they need to get the players.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 657
Joined: August 13th, 2010, 7:41 pm

Re: Walter McCarty New Evansville Head Coach

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: Walter McCarty New Evansville Head Coach

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » April 13th, 2018, 3:43 pm

TOPSTRAIGHT wrote:EVANSVILLE gets SERIOUS!


The HC a month ago would be the #3 assistant today.
User avatar
MissouriValleyUnite
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 468
Joined: February 10th, 2014, 9:59 am

Re: Walter McCarty New Evansville Head Coach

Postby Bball Junkie » April 13th, 2018, 7:21 pm

The head coach a month ago would be the water boy for this staff....
Bball Junkie
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 125
Joined: October 4th, 2010, 10:48 am

Re: Walter McCarty New Evansville Head Coach

Postby PurpleAcesFootball » April 14th, 2018, 9:51 am

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:
TOPSTRAIGHT wrote:EVANSVILLE gets SERIOUS!


The HC a month ago would be the #3 assistant today.


Interesting that TWO former D-1 head coaches be assistants. I’m not sure many programs can say that.

Both Lickliter and Graves were let go from previous stops because they were around .400 after 4-5 years. UE extended their last coach after going .400 after 5 Years.

Evansville has gotten serious indeed.
PurpleAcesFootball
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 140
Joined: December 14th, 2015, 4:24 pm

Re: Walter McCarty New Evansville Head Coach

Postby TOPSTRAIGHT » April 14th, 2018, 12:49 pm

Uncomfortable rumblings about Evansville.Could be untrue--see Coaching Changes twitter.Hope this can be remedied.
TOPSTRAIGHT
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit
 
Posts: 19
Joined: April 7th, 2017, 10:14 pm

Re: Walter McCarty New Evansville Head Coach

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » April 14th, 2018, 1:07 pm

I wouldn’t worry about it unless it becomes a recurring theme. With an anonymous account, tips can come from a hundred different people with a hundred different agendas.
User avatar
MissouriValleyUnite
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 468
Joined: February 10th, 2014, 9:59 am

Re: Walter McCarty New Evansville Head Coach

Postby Bball Junkie » April 14th, 2018, 8:34 pm

Recruits are starting to commit - Aces just picked up a 6’5” PG from a JUCO (via Kent St) and a 6’9” PF from Houston (via a Prep School) who had offers from Houston, Oklahoma St, Western KY, and Baylor.
Bball Junkie
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 125
Joined: October 4th, 2010, 10:48 am

Re: Walter McCarty New Evansville Head Coach

Postby No Folding Aces » April 14th, 2018, 8:52 pm

The Aces have gotten serious. More signings coming soon with a high ceiling for each. Not many potential recruits have even considered being a Purple Ace for the last 15+ years. Those things are about to change. Welcome Walter McCarty and his terrific, experienced staff :Yea!:
No Folding Aces
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On
 
Posts: 1
Joined: April 7th, 2018, 9:22 pm

Re: Walter McCarty New Evansville Head Coach

Postby tribecalledquest » April 16th, 2018, 8:44 am

No Folding Aces wrote:The Aces have gotten serious. More signings coming soon with a high ceiling for each. Not many potential recruits have even considered being a Purple Ace for the last 15+ years. Those things are about to change. Welcome Walter McCarty and his terrific, experienced staff :Yea!:


How did Marty even field a roster if not many potential recruits even considered being a Purple Ace?? You would think Evansville was 0-18 every season in the MVC.

I love over-the-top new coach enthusiasm.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 1001
Joined: August 4th, 2010, 10:57 am

Re: Walter McCarty New Evansville Head Coach

Postby ACECARD » April 16th, 2018, 9:53 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
No Folding Aces wrote:The Aces have gotten serious. More signings coming soon with a high ceiling for each. Not many potential recruits have even considered being a Purple Ace for the last 15+ years. Those things are about to change. Welcome Walter McCarty and his terrific, experienced staff :Yea!:


How did Marty even field a roster if not many potential recruits even considered being a Purple Ace?? You would think Evansville was 0-18 every season in the MVC.

I love over-the-top new coach enthusiasm.

I believe that Folding meant to say that not many 2, and 3, star recruits considered the Aces. Of course Marty could always find 5 guys to put on the floor. After going for nearly 20 years of just being a slightly relevant basketball program, it's pretty hard to not be overly excited at the prospect of a coach who might bring the Aces into the 21st century.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 657
Joined: August 13th, 2010, 7:41 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jsnhbe1Birds and 9 guests