Best MVC game you ever saw

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby Turner » December 13th, 2010, 10:37 am

Mine won't go down in any record books but the Jays vs Bradley game a couple of years ago in Omaha that ended like 111-110 in 2 or 3 OTs was the most entertaining game I have ever seen in person. Cavel Witter had like 44 points and the Braves - Singh maybe? - had about a 3 footer for the win and he missed it in the final OT. I think it might have been Senior night too and the place was packed.
Turner
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Best MVC game you ever saw

Postby dgreenwell3 » December 13th, 2010, 11:33 am

Trees vs. Bears last year twice...once where the bears beat the Trees in OT after one of the largest comebacks In MVC history...and secondly when Harry marshall hit a shot from the logos to win it in OT on senior night last year...
dgreenwell3
MVC Victory Cigar
MVC Victory Cigar

Postby Tom Servo » December 13th, 2010, 12:17 pm

Missouri State @ Evansville senior night 1999. It was an overtime game in which Marcus Wilson hit a shot to win the game that bounced about 3 feet up in the air off the rim and then bounced in. There were about 11,000 Aces fans at Roberts that just about blew the roof off the place when the shot went in and the Aces won the game and the conference.
Go Aces!
Tom Servo
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Unsmooth Moment » December 13th, 2010, 12:38 pm

The best live game I ever saw was last year on January 1st. Illinois State came to the "Q" and it was a back and forth game with a lot of points and dunks. Very fun game to attend
Unsmooth Moment
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby RoyalShock » December 13th, 2010, 1:00 pm

If by "saw" you mean "in person", it would be the WSU-SIU double-overtime thriller in 2006 when Paul Miller scored 30 and WSU won 71-63.

Watching on TV would have to be the Valentine's Day overtime win over CU the same year. Matt Braeuer's 4-point play late in regulation and last-second trey to win was awesome!
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby SirShoxAlot » December 13th, 2010, 2:52 pm

RoyalShock wrote:If by "saw" you mean "in person", it would be the WSU-SIU double-overtime thriller in 2006 when Paul Miller scored 30 and WSU won 71-63.

Watching on TV would have to be the Valentine's Day overtime win over CU the same year. Matt Braeuer's 4-point play late in regulation and last-second trey to win was awesome!

Agreed. CU in '06 was the best. I wish there was an archive of the whole game! I'd love to see it again.

However, there is a pretty good YouTube video that captures the game's highlights pretty well.
SirShoxAlot
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby SirShoxAlot » December 13th, 2010, 2:58 pm

SirShoxAlot
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Little Eddie » December 13th, 2010, 8:38 pm

Creighton vs Indiana State in 1978...crazy friggin game at the Civic Auditorium...I sat at the end of the bench and watched CU hold the ball for 5 minutes and Rick Apke hit a shot w/ 2 seconds to go from around the top of the key. Awesome atmosphere...I remember people either standing on their chairs or holding folding chairs up in the air?? It was for the MVC championship. My mom and I ran into Bird in the airport after the game and he was very nice...he signed an autograph for me but I have since lost it sadly.

I went to the Missouri State game mentioned above where Creighton was down a ton and came back and won...crazy freaking game as well...was about 5 years ago.
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby valleychamp » December 13th, 2010, 10:12 pm

2004- MVC title game, UNI over MSU in 2OT.

2009- UNI over Ill St at ISU in 2 OT,

and UNI over Ill St in the MVC title game in OT.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby iSASO » December 13th, 2010, 10:42 pm

I would have to say all the Tulsa, WSU and Bradley games in the 80's when they were all nationally ranked.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball