Best MVC game you ever saw

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Best MVC game you ever saw

Postby DUBulldog » December 14th, 2010, 9:16 pm

mnbulldog wrote:I must agree with DUBulldog and that Tulsa game. Pop and Lewis were a combo. I was going to enter it earlier but didn't get around to it.

Hershey also provided a memorable game when Drake hit a bucket with less than 2 seconds left to go up one. We allowed Hershey to go Christian Laetner (sp?) on us before Christian ever did it.

Yeah, I remember that one. I think it was Glenn Martin who scored to put DU up with 2 seconds to go. Bradley called a timeout, and for whatever reason, Gary Garner decided not to put a defender on the guy throwing the inbounds pass. The pass was thrown about 70 feet to Hawkins who turned and shot in one motion.....nothing but net.

I think Jim Les was the guy who threw the inbounds pass.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby iSASO » December 14th, 2010, 11:04 pm

WuDrWu wrote:Hersey Hawkins dropping 28 in the first half on WSU in HLA his senior season whilst being guarded by one of the best defensive stoppers in the league.

The ranked Bradley Braves however couldn't stop the onslaught of Shocker layup drills that day. That was fun basketball.

I don't remember the final score, but something in the 105-87 range I think. Hawkins was inflippincredible. He hit more off balance, guarded, man in your face hanging on your nutsack fade away 30 footers in 1 half than college basketball in the 2000s.

That was #18 Bradley losing 116-92. Hawkins was awesome the first half then Fogler and the boys threw a blanket on him like I've never seen before or since. He ended up with 36, but the Shox executed some flawless offense as a team for a big win.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby musiccitybulldog » December 15th, 2010, 7:46 am

Do any Drake or Bradley fans remember this game?

It was in the 80's and was a first round game when the MVC tournament was at the schools. This game was at Vet's Auditorioum.

The teams had been introduced and initial jump ball had not occured and there was an altercation in getting ready for the jump ball between Terry Youngbauer and a guard from Bradley. Both were ejected before the game started. The guard from Bradley (I don't recall his name), was very agressive and gave the Bulldogs trouble at every meeting. I remember Versace was furious. It really set a competitive tone for the rest of the game, as if it wasn't already.
Last edited by musiccitybulldog on December 15th, 2010, 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby landmark » December 15th, 2010, 7:55 am

2006 mvc title game vs bradley...kept siu's streak alive, was also my first arch madness game, game the siu cheerleader fell then cheered as she was carted off. Was friends with an siu player and took alot of notes for him when he was gone for games, he gave me a portion of the net to thank me.

2005 vs sms- ejections, and a banked in 3 pointer from josh warren what more could you ask for

espn game day vs cu- great day from drinking in the parking lot before gameday, the gameday show, erin andrews, oh and a great game. Probably the last great moment for siu for now hasn't really been anything like it since. we need to get back to this.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06FDlOWT_ig
landmark
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DUBulldog » December 15th, 2010, 9:25 am

musiccitybulldog wrote:Do any Drake or Bradley fans remember this game?

It was in the 80's and was a first round game when the MVC tournament was at the schools. This game was at Vet's Auditorioum.

The teams had been introduced and initial jump ball had not occured and there was an altercation in getting ready for the jump ball between Terry Youngbauer and a guard from Bradley. Both were ejected before the game started. The guard from Bradley (I don't recall his name), was very agressive and gave the Bulldogs trouble at every meeting. I remember Versace was furious. It really set a competitive tone for the rest of the game, as if it wasn't already.

I think it was one of the Ruffin brothers for Bradley. I vaguely remember the fight, but didn't remember that it was before tipoff.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby WuDrWu » December 15th, 2010, 11:49 am

Any game featuring Voicy Winters, Slab Jones and/or Jamie Pena.
THE VALLEY RULES! GO VALLEY!
WuDrWu
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Buesch N Chips » December 17th, 2010, 9:53 am

To all:

Great thread! This is my first post here. I happen to collect old Bradley games on VHS/DVD, and if there are any other crazy people here like me that have old games, specifically ones including Bradley. I would love to make contact. PM me. Thanks!
Buesch N Chips
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby LMS » December 17th, 2010, 12:35 pm

LMS
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball