Welcome to MO State Coach Dana Ford

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Welcome to MO State Coach Dana Ford

Postby Valleyball » March 24th, 2018, 8:16 am

I just wanted to say those are a couple good hires for Valley teams. Especially Ford. Mcarty is a little more of a play the lottery and hope you win. Ford a little more polished. Both decent choices though.
Valleyball
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Oledawg » March 26th, 2018, 12:48 am

Kyle@MOState wrote:Now that we have a new coach in Springfield, I figured I would start a new post without the old coach's name attached to it.

It appears to me and the majority of Bear Nation that he really won the press conference this morning, and it also appears that most, if not all players are wanting to stick around to see what Coach Ford can do for the school. He seems upbeat and positive, and that is something that has been missing the last few years.

I’m new to the board and an SIU fan but I’m familiar with Ford through my older brother who was the Head Coach at the High School Ford attended. He had moved on by the time Dana entered high school but knew Dana and his family. He still talks to him and attends several Tennessee State games each year. He thinks Dana Ford is going to be a superstar. An outstanding guy and a super recruiter. Mature beyond his years. Mueller made him associate head coach at ISU when he was like 27. I was hoping SIU would hire him if Hinson was replaced.

Another crazy thing is that back before AAU ball my brother coached Lusk on a team of Southern Illinois High School all stars that played in a bci tournament up in Chicago. And like Ford, he thought very highly of him. He said Lusk was a very smart player (coaches son) who was a hell of an athlete before he blew his knee. He said there were several guys on the team who were a little out of their element as there were several high D1 players at the tournament but that Lusk went right at those guys and would go up and dunk in traffic. Just a great guy on and off the court. I was rooting for him to do well, especially since he was a Saluki, but I guess it wasn’t meant to be. But I think you got a budding superstar in Ford.
Oledawg
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby underdawg » March 26th, 2018, 6:25 am

Oledawg wrote:
Kyle@MOState wrote:Now that we have a new coach in Springfield, I figured I would start a new post without the old coach's name attached to it.

It appears to me and the majority of Bear Nation that he really won the press conference this morning, and it also appears that most, if not all players are wanting to stick around to see what Coach Ford can do for the school. He seems upbeat and positive, and that is something that has been missing the last few years.

I’m new to the board and an SIU fan but I’m familiar with Ford through my older brother who was the Head Coach at the High School Ford attended. He had moved on by the time Dana entered high school but knew Dana and his family. He still talks to him and attends several Tennessee State games each year. He thinks Dana Ford is going to be a superstar. An outstanding guy and a super recruiter. Mature beyond his years. Mueller made him associate head coach at ISU when he was like 27. I was hoping SIU would hire him if Hinson was replaced.

Another crazy thing is that back before AAU ball my brother coached Lusk on a team of Southern Illinois High School all stars that played in a bci tournament up in Chicago. And like Ford, he thought very highly of him. He said Lusk was a very smart player (coaches son) who was a hell of an athlete before he blew his knee. He said there were several guys on the team who were a little out of their element as there were several high D1 players at the tournament but that Lusk went right at those guys and would go up and dunk in traffic. Just a great guy on and off the court. I was rooting for him to do well, especially since he was a Saluki, but I guess it wasn’t meant to be. But I think you got a budding superstar in Ford.

Welcome Oledawg! Another refuge from the sunk SNation. We'll see how well Ford does with better resources. It's always a crap shoot of sorts when hiring a new guy and hard to tell how to gage his time at Tenn. State. But I wish him well--until he meets the Saluki Dawgs
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball