For The Final Four

Sister Jean
100%
Chris Lowery
No votes

Total votes : 25

Re: 2018 Elite Eight - (11) Loyola vs (9) Kansas State

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 24th, 2018, 7:03 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:Just beautiful basketball by Loyola again. You know a comment repeated several times on the Shocker board the last week and again just now , was that if WSU was still in the league Loyola wouldn't have made the NCAA Tournament. They're just flat delusional; I saw both teams a ton of times this year and in a Championship Game in STL , Loyola would have shredded the Shockers defense. No doubt. If only one team was going, it wouldn't have been the Shockers. Congrats again to Porter Moser and the Loyola Ramblers !!

That post came from AndShock who posts here regularly
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby freddycat68 » March 24th, 2018, 7:08 pm

Valleyball wrote:I love watching this mostly because the team is fun to watch. They also represent the school very well in interviews. It is also nice the MVC gets to split money from the winning.I hope they make it to the championship and it isn't a dream that they could.

My one question is- Is Mullins ready to take over? I think Porter being gone is a 100% chance now. He has led the best coached team in the tournament and it is just a matter of where he ends up.

Why? If you can get to the Final Four from Loyola, why would you go anywhere else? What's he thinking, that he'll never get to the Final Four as long as he's in the MVC? He JUST DID. So here's the deal: Hey Sister Jean, get out there and raise some money, and pay this guy a 7-figure salary, and keep it going.

Now, if Kansas or Kentucky comes calling, what can you do? But some middling "P5" @#$%hole where you'll get run out of town in a few years for not winning a national title? Who needs it?
freddycat68
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby AndShock » March 24th, 2018, 7:10 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:Just beautiful basketball by Loyola again. You know a comment repeated several times on the Shocker board the last week and again just now , was that if WSU was still in the league Loyola wouldn't have made the NCAA Tournament. They're just flat delusional; I saw both teams a ton of times this year and in a Championship Game in STL , Loyola would have shredded the Shockers defense. No doubt. If only one team was going, it wouldn't have been the Shockers. Congrats again to Porter Moser and the Loyola Ramblers !!

That post came from AndShock who posts here regularly

I also said this in response to a poster saying Loyola might have beat WSU:

Don't disagree, the statement is just more powerful than if I said "one of WSU or Loyola doesn't make the tournament." I just decided to use KenPom as the most likely outcome. Porter's record vs Gregg could be used as well.

Edit: I would be more than happy to carry on a Wichita State conversation in the Wichita topic, I'll keep this topic reserved for Loyola.
Last edited by AndShock on March 24th, 2018, 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby musiccitybulldog » March 24th, 2018, 7:11 pm

Who cares about Wichita tonight, the AAC was way over-rated, WSU was beat by Marshall. There is no way the AAC get's three teams again. Loyola would beat WSU worse than K-State. Loyola is a Final Four team.
Last edited by musiccitybulldog on March 24th, 2018, 8:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 24th, 2018, 7:14 pm

So proud of and happy for the Loyola administrators, coaches, players, donors, and fans who made this happen! You’ve made history and deserve every ounce of this! Sears Tower lit up in maroon and gold - just jawdropping and incomprehensible.

What a difference 5 months makes. From belittling the MVC in an October article to sitting in a March TBS studio analyzing an MVC Final Four run, Shakespeare couldn’t script more chilling irony for Marshall.
PS. You missed on your KSU pick, Gregg!
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » March 24th, 2018, 7:16 pm

I hope his steak was tough and overdone.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sivert » March 24th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Congratulations Ramblers!
This Panther fan is delighted how Loyola is representing themselves and the Valley!
Great attitudes and drive!
Go Panthers!!
sivert
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby VUGrad1314 » March 24th, 2018, 8:30 pm

What a win! What a team! What a run! I got a little nervous down the stretch there, but they did enough to stem the tide and keep it rolling. Go Ramblers! God bless Sister Jean!
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » March 24th, 2018, 9:09 pm

Great win for the Ramblers. And they were truly the better team. Final Four! Can they take it even further ?
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby VUGrad1314 » March 24th, 2018, 10:25 pm

Pure class from coach Musselman of Nevada
https://twitter.com/EricPMusselman/stat ... 6075258880
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball