WCC Making Scheduling Changes To Increase At-Large Chances

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: WCC Making Scheduling Changes To Increase At-Large Chanc

Postby BCPanther » March 28th, 2018, 12:53 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:UNI is not a lock. Neither is Valpo, Missouri State, Drake, Indiana State, or Evansville. One of the 6 will probably squeek it out but it will be close. Indiana State and Valpo have the best chance to be better than 150. UNI will be worse (overall record) then last year.

UNI had its worst year in 15 and finished 138. On what planet, other than the one you inhabit where you hate UNI and think GCU is America's Greatest basketball power, would anyone not think they'll be in the top 150, especially looking at the way they schedule?

BTW, your Redbirds were one statistical anomoly of a half away from getting swept by that UNI team....
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » March 28th, 2018, 1:31 pm

BCPanther wrote:
Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:BTW, your Redbirds were one statistical anomoly of a half away from getting swept by that UNI team....

But, did they?

Didn't realize almost was good enough.

Did it frustrate you watching them drain 11 of their first 12 3's of that half and end 12/15 for the half? You must have been throwing stuff at your TV.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » March 28th, 2018, 2:16 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
BCPanther wrote:
Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:BTW, your Redbirds were one statistical anomoly of a half away from getting swept by that UNI team....

But, did they?

Didn't realize almost was good enough.

Did it frustrate you watching them drain 11 of their first 12 3's of that half and end 12/15 for the half? You must have been throwing stuff at your TV.

I'd assume you were in the same boat when you were down 30 to a team that couldn't play offense, when you were in Cedar Falls...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » March 28th, 2018, 2:22 pm

BCPanther wrote:
Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:Did it frustrate you watching them drain 11 of their first 12 3's of that half and end 12/15 for the half? You must have been throwing stuff at your TV.

I'd assume you were in the same boat when you were down 30 to a team that couldn't play offense, when you were in Cedar Falls...

Touche
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » March 28th, 2018, 2:25 pm

BUT...youre still wrong about GCU!!! :dance:
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » March 28th, 2018, 2:51 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:BUT...youre still wrong about GCU!!! :dance:

I get the intrigue. I do. I just don't see anyway a room full of University presidents allows it to happen and that's not just the Valley. There's a reason they're in the WAC and that reason is that league needed a warm body and they found one.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniguy » March 28th, 2018, 3:41 pm

BCPanther wrote:

I get the intrigue. I do. I just don't see anyway a room full of University presidents allows it to happen and that's not just the Valley. There's a reason they're in the WAC and that reason is that league needed a warm body and they found one.

Honestly, the Summit League thing is interesting for GCU and NMSU. It basically the same is what they have now, but slightly better and slightly more stable. Would SDSU want to bring two programs in that could make it more difficult to win the league every single year? Maybe not. But on the flip side, it would bring more stability to a league that always seems to be teetering on the edge of imploding. UVU and UMKC could fit in the Summit too.
uniguy
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby VUGrad1314 » April 2nd, 2018, 8:44 pm

The MVC can exhale... Gonzaga is staying put...

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... -roth-says

But it may not be over forever.

https://1360sports.iheart.com/featured/ ... ga-rumors/
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jacksfan29 » April 3rd, 2018, 7:56 am

uniguy wrote:
BCPanther wrote:

Honestly, the Summit League thing is interesting for GCU and NMSU. It basically the same is what they have now, but slightly better and slightly more stable. Would SDSU want to bring two programs in that could make it more difficult to win the league every single year? Maybe not. But on the flip side, it would bring more stability to a league that always seems to be teetering on the edge of imploding. UVU and UMKC could fit in the Summit too.

GCU will never be in the Summit for the same reason a lot of leagues will not take them, they are the U of Phoenix with a campus. Whether the stay a for profit or if they get their wish of splitting the school and pretending to be non-profit, the University Presidents at the four large "Dakota" schools want nothing to do with GCU. In addition, GCU, in what was supposedly their best year ever, finished the year with an RPI in the high 150s. Not very impressive. Lots of hype, very little to show for that hype.

If I were running the Summit I would try to add NMSU and UNC. Would adding NMSU make it more difficult for SDSU to reach the NCAA? Yes, and that's good, we need someone to replace NDSU as a top Summit BB school since the Bison seem to have given up on the sport. That said, don't pretend that SDSU have been to the NCAA only based on the tournaments location. SDSU have gone to the NCAA tournament 5 times in 10 years. Four as a #1 or #2 seed. Once as a #4 seed (though they had won 10-12 to end that season after a terrible start). Our average RPI in that run is 91 with 3 of the years in the top 50 including this season's finish in the 30s.
jacksfan29
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby Red » April 3rd, 2018, 8:56 am

VUGrad1314 wrote:The MVC can exhale... Gonzaga is staying put...

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... -roth-says

But it may not be over forever.

https://1360sports.iheart.com/featured/ ... ga-rumors/

I'm more than a little confused why anyone thinks Gonzaga has any impact on the Valley.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball