Q: When to expect potential MVC news?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Q: When to expect potential MVC news?

Postby valleyclimber » May 5th, 2018, 9:58 pm

I know fan boards are opinion boards, but I'm sorry in what world is the upper half of OVC hoops equal to the upper half of the Valley? You can sell that all day, and I'm definitely not buying.

Still would like to see the Racers added to the MVC, and I find it frustrating that the Valley officials are being so idiotic in not adding a long-term quality program.

ROCK ON VALLEY! 8-)
valleyclimber
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » May 5th, 2018, 10:35 pm

mvfcfan wrote:Disagree strongly. I'm a big fan of Indiana State, but I go to most of Eastern Illinois' home games (fb, mbb, baseball) as well. The top of the OVC in basketball is pretty close to the same caliber as the top of the MVC. The big difference is that the bottom of the OVC is not nearly as good as the bottom of the MVC. Murray State, Belmont, and Jacksonville State were all very good teams this season that could have easily finished 2nd in the MVC this year. Just because Loyola did really well doesn't exactly mean that the rest of the teams in the MVC are that good. I definitely think the conference is trending the right direction, but most MVC schools are still a ways from where they should be.

Done that exact ISU/EIU trip a few times. One was a TH’er (ISUr/ISUb, Semo/Eiu, UE/BU) where the collective MOV must’ve been 70.

It’s incredible that Murray produced 2 current NBA regulars playing in the OVC. They’ve lost recruits before because of the league. They’d get even better players in the MVC than what they’ve fielded the past 10 years...which already includes a pair of ncaa wins and a pair of top 25 finishes.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby STLRedbird » May 7th, 2018, 4:22 pm

Murray is still not a state.
STLRedbird
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby BearsCountry » May 7th, 2018, 8:03 pm

11 is a nightmare to schedule across all sports. Not to mention you would have a team having a bye every weekend.
BearsCountry
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball