How long before the AAC implodes?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: How long before the AAC implodes?

Postby VUGrad1314 » March 2nd, 2019, 11:56 am

Really interesting article about the P5\G5 revenue gap.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/colleg ... ting-wider
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MOST » March 2nd, 2019, 1:17 pm

How/WHy is the biggest, most read/most replies topic on this MVC board have to do with the ACC. Actually, who gives a crap about what happens in the AAC. A good conference and going to get better. lots of MVC sour heads over Wichita and Creighton moving on to better conferences. Lots of posts from newbies from newbie teams who hardly know all the conference members! A MVC moderator should cancel the posting privileges of them (ie VUGradXXXX) and some of the more outspoken WSU AHs.
MOST
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby VUGrad1314 » March 2nd, 2019, 4:33 pm

I should be banned because I enjoy posting about realignment and college sports news in general? Power trip much? I know plenty about the MVC and do tons of research on its teams but I don't have to prove my bona fides to you or anybody. Don't like it? Don't read it. I post to inform and share my thoughts and defend my school when needed. I would cut out the backseat moderating especially since I've done nothing wrong and hardly ever post anything remotely controversial or tearing down other teams unnecessarily. I'm very supportive and encouraging of the MVC and I want to see it get better but I also follow the college sports landscape in general so I share that news when I think it might be interesting to the discussion. Enjoy the fact that you have a good team and that your school picked a good coach while mine didn't. I wish your team and the MVC nothing but continued success although all it seems like you and most who interact with me want to do is bash and attack me just because I find realignment interesting.
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby redrocks » March 2nd, 2019, 5:17 pm

It was fun watching gameday from Houston. All the way back to the 50th anniversary of the Houston/UCLA game at the Astrodome who broke UCLA's 60 something game winning streak as the Elvin Hayes led Cougars beat the Lew Alcindor Bruins, then on to the Hakeem/Clyde led Phi Slamma Gamma team. What a great history they have.
redrocks
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby nafstrops » March 19th, 2019, 4:53 pm

VUGrad1314 wrote:Just read up a bit on the new AAC deal. Looks to be a short term deal through 2023 for a big raise for all members. I think they're getting about $7million\year. Seems like both sides won here. The network gets a nice package of quality events possibly at a slight discount while avoiding a long-term commitment in case realignment poaches the top members. While the member schools get a nice raise and preserve their flexibility for the 2023-25 realignment. This should also be enough to lock UCONN into the AAC for now though I'm not certain that this deal does much (if anything ) for their budget issues. That said it's unlikely that the deal would have been this good if UCONN was serious about leaving.

The actual deal is worth 1 billion dollars and runs through 2031-32 paying 6.9 million per year to football schools.

I would never post this here if not for a thread already in existence with a lot of wild speculation and wrong information and insinuation in it.
nafstrops
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby BUDude » March 19th, 2019, 9:02 pm

Basically if you want to watch AAC sports it’s going to be behind an espn+ paywall. Terrible deal.
BUDude
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BCPanther » March 19th, 2019, 10:10 pm

The football schools are getting $7M.

Wichita is getting substantially less.

Leaving looks worse every single day. The TV situation is pretty much exactly the same. The at large chances aren't any better. They've exponentially increased travel costs.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby VUGrad1314 » March 19th, 2019, 10:20 pm

The at large chances aren't better? Didn't they just get 4 bids?
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby VUGrad1314 » March 19th, 2019, 10:23 pm

Also WSU won what 18 games and made the NIT

Drake had like 24 and is in the CIT. WSU made the right call.
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby goramblers2011 » March 19th, 2019, 10:25 pm

Their at-large chances are significantly higher. The AAC got four teams in (Cincy, Houston, UCF and Temple). Wichita and Memphis were middle of the pack teams and both got into the NIT.

Meanwhile, Drake was a 20 win co-champ and is in the CIT.
goramblers2011
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball