Where do they stand now?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Where do they stand now?

Postby MSUDuo » December 21st, 2010, 11:04 am

TylerDurden wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:
TNMSUFAN wrote:Bears have a tough start with 3 of the first 5 on the road against the top teams

12/29/2010 @ UNI
1/1/2011 IL State
1/4/2011 @ Creighton
1/7/2011 Evansville
1/9/2011 @ Wichita St

But really, that isn't so bad because you get the roadies while the students are still on break. As a result, the atmosphere should be a lot less hostile.

I see that as 4-1 for the Bears, only losing at WSU.

I would love to take 4-1 right now. There is no way we win on the road that early in the slate. We had better take care of business at home because I don't see more than 4-5 wins on the road.
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby jayball » December 21st, 2010, 11:08 am

I'm looking forward to the Antione Young/Nafis Ricks battle. That should be a good one.
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WuDrWu » December 21st, 2010, 12:05 pm

TylerDurden wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:
TNMSUFAN wrote:Bears have a tough start with 3 of the first 5 on the road against the top teams

12/29/2010 @ UNI
1/1/2011 IL State
1/4/2011 @ Creighton
1/7/2011 Evansville
1/9/2011 @ Wichita St

But really, that isn't so bad because you get the roadies while the students are still on break. As a result, the atmosphere should be a lot less hostile.

I see that as 4-1 for the Bears, only losing at WSU.

If they go 4-1, then I think they'll win the conference, unless WSU is 18-0 or 17-1, which I don't think they will or are good enough to be. I'd kill to go 4-1 in those 5 games.
THE VALLEY RULES! GO VALLEY!
WuDrWu
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WuDrWu » December 21st, 2010, 12:07 pm

Aces0976 wrote:I guess optimism has a lot to do with expectations. After the Depauw debacle, I think it's safe to say expectations were really low, even by our standards. But since that game, the Aces have surpassed my expectations, not just the Butler game. We've won the games we should, we've competed well in the losses, with the exception of the game Im trying to erase from my memory (UNC). The MTSU game ,for example, I dont think last year there is anyway we win that game after blowing that lead. Having said this, we have a long way to go. Last place is still a definite possibility as I dont think there is a single sure win for us in the conference. It's hard to argue that we're better than anyone in the conference, but from our body of work thus far, you could argue that we're as good as some of the other teams. So reallistically I could see us finishing anywhere from 7th to 10th. Who knows, maybe we get to wear home uniforms in the play in round. Gotta start somewhere.

Very, VERY well said.
THE VALLEY RULES! GO VALLEY!
WuDrWu
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WSUbballer » December 21st, 2010, 12:25 pm

Agreed. Very well said.
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby blueblood » December 21st, 2010, 1:34 pm

I did not make a preseason prediction but my GUESS in CU's finish:

WSU - split
MSU - split
Drake 2 wins
UNI - split
Bradley - 2 wins
Ill St - split
SIU - 2 wins
Ind St - 2 wins
Ev - 2 wns

Now that being said, we will lose two games we should win so I put us at 12 - 6. If things end up the same as last year that would put us in 2nd place. Just a guess kids.
blueblood
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby valleychamp » December 21st, 2010, 1:48 pm

TylerDurden wrote:It's definitely not clear-cut, but I'd group the teams like this:

1-2
Wichita State
Missouri State

3-4
Creighton
UNI

5-10
Bradley
Illinois State
Indiana State
Southern Illinois
Evansville
Drake

If I had to pick the Thursday teams, I'd pick: BU, DU, UE and SIU

:+1:
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jaycat17 » December 22nd, 2010, 10:41 am

valleychamp wrote:
TylerDurden wrote:It's definitely not clear-cut, but I'd group the teams like this:

1-2
Wichita State
Missouri State

3-4
Creighton
UNI

5-10
Bradley
Illinois State
Indiana State
Southern Illinois
Evansville
Drake

If I had to pick the Thursday teams, I'd pick: BU, DU, UE and SIU

:+1:

I am still not very high on MSU right now. They have done nothing noncon wise to prove they are a for sure 1 or 2. They have lost all of their road noncons by double digits. CU has done nothing to prove they will be a top team but with the addition of Echenique this team will only get better as the season progresses. Wichita, as much as I'd like to think otherwise is a solid pick for the #1 slot.

Wichita, MSU, CU, and UNI all have legit shots at the top couple spots, then comes everyone else. But to put MSU over CU and UNI right now is a bit premature in my opinion. The early matchup of MSU at CU should tell quite a bit and be lots of fun!!
jaycat17
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball