Where do they stand now?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Where do they stand now?

Postby beatingrillz » December 20th, 2010, 5:19 pm

Most teams will be wrapping up the non-conference this week and conference playis just around the corner is there any changes you would make to our preseason predictions as far as team finish and POY/FOY selections?
beatingrillz
MVC starter
MVC starter

Where do they stand now?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Where do they stand now?

Postby Aces1982 » December 20th, 2010, 7:39 pm

Not that many people on here care about the bottom of the conference of course unless you lose to those teams. But I can not see UE finishing 10th, no way no how. I see them fall somewhere in the 7-8 range with chance to climb to 6th.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jayball » December 20th, 2010, 8:13 pm

Aces1982 wrote:Not that many people on here care about the bottom of the conference of course unless you lose to those teams. But I can not see UE finishing 10th, no way no how. I see them fall somewhere in the 7-8 range with chance to climb to 6th.

Not flaming here, but who do you think you will finish ahead of? The Bulter win was nice, but what other performances have made you hope/expect to challenge for 6th? Who has impressed on your squad this year?
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby AndShock » December 20th, 2010, 8:29 pm

jayball wrote:
Aces1982 wrote:Not that many people on here care about the bottom of the conference of course unless you lose to those teams. But I can not see UE finishing 10th, no way no how. I see them fall somewhere in the 7-8 range with chance to climb to 6th.

Not flaming here, but who do you think you will finish ahead of? The Bulter win was nice, but what other performances have made you hope/expect to challenge for 6th? Who has impressed on your squad this year?

It might not even have much to do with Evansville, Evansville isn't much better than I thought they were going to be but everyone else is worse.

1. WSU
2. MSU
3. Creighton
4. UNI

After that, I have no idea and I think anyone (even Evansville) has just as good of a shot as anyone else.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » December 20th, 2010, 8:34 pm

[quote="Aces1982"]Not that many people on here care about the bottom of the conference of course unless you lose to those teams. But I can not see UE finishing 10th, no way no how. I see them fall somewhere in the 7-8 range with chance to climb to 6th.[/quote]

how can a win over a mediocre Butler team automatically mean you're gonna jump 4 teams and avoid Thursday?

Even in a down Valley, Evansville is not a Thursday avoider. No way. No how.
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces1982 » December 20th, 2010, 8:41 pm

AndShock wrote:
jayball wrote:

It might not even have much to do with Evansville, Evansville isn't much better than I thought they were going to be but everyone else is worse.

1. WSU
2. MSU
3. Creighton
4. UNI

After that, I have no idea and I think anyone (even Evansville) has just as good of a shot as anyone else.

This.

Although, I disagree. I think UE is better then what most people thought. And the fact that the bottom 6 isn't that great makes me think there is a chance to finish higher then most people thought.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ace Dad » December 20th, 2010, 9:50 pm

Go Aces!
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » December 20th, 2010, 10:32 pm

From ESPN's mid major update:

Missouri Valley
Then: Wichita State
Now: Wichita State, but the MVC is again one of the best mid-major conferences from top to bottom. Missouri State, Creighton, Northern Iowa and Illinois State have shown championship pedigrees in the nonconference season. I can't wait to tip it off in the Valley.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5938372
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MSUDuo » December 20th, 2010, 10:41 pm

MVCfans wrote:From ESPN's mid major update:

Missouri Valley
Now: Wichita State, but the MVC is again one of the best mid-major conferences from top to bottom. Missouri State, Creighton, Northern Iowa and Illinois State have shown championship pedigrees in the nonconference season. I can't wait to tip it off in the Valley.

What has this guy/gal been watching???
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby AndShock » December 20th, 2010, 10:43 pm

MSUDuo wrote:
MVCfans wrote:From ESPN's mid major update:

Missouri Valley

What has this guy/gal been watching???

:+1:

I'll have some of whatever he's been smoking.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball