All MVC
All MVC

Re: Where do they stand now?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TylerDurden » December 21st, 2010, 10:12 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
TNMSUFAN wrote:Bears have a tough start with 3 of the first 5 on the road against the top teams

12/29/2010 @ UNI
1/1/2011 IL State
1/4/2011 @ Creighton
1/7/2011 Evansville
1/9/2011 @ Wichita St

But really, that isn't so bad because you get the roadies while the students are still on break. As a result, the atmosphere should be a lot less hostile.

I see that as 4-1 for the Bears, only losing at WSU.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aces1982 » December 21st, 2010, 10:14 am

WuDrWu wrote:
sixth ace wrote:I guess we'll find out in the next three weeks where the Aces stand

12/29/2010 @ Wichita State
1/1/2011 Indiana State
1/4/2011 @Northern Iowa
1/7/2011 @Missouri State
1/9/2011 Creighton

GO ACES

Well that's why they play the games and don't count on MVCFans board members to decide fate.

I'd love to hear what you think your record will be after these 5 games. Anything other than 0-5 would have to be considered a moral victory, no?

And even if they go 0-5, that doesn't really change what they can accomplish over the entire Valley schedule.

In the last 9 seasons, the Aces have won the following number of conference games each season: 4-8-5-5-5-6-3-8-3. Only the 2008-2009 team was fairly competitive for the season. Yes, Drake happened in 07-08 but is there a developed Josh Young here? And I KNOW there will never be another Adam Emenememnemememmenenmenememeemeker again. The only people that think Evansville is going to do well, are Aces. There is nothing to make one believe that success, even marginal success in the Valley is on the horizon. We've been told that effort and shooting, heart and scheming are going to carry the day for Evansville for years now....well it has, to the tune of about 5 wins a year over the last decade.

2-3 would be a great start. 3-2 would be fantastic.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aces1982 » December 21st, 2010, 10:16 am

WuDrWu wrote:
sixth ace wrote:I guess we'll find out in the next three weeks where the Aces stand

1/1/2011 Indiana State
1/4/2011 @Northern Iowa
1/7/2011 @Missouri State
1/9/2011 Creighton

GO ACES

Well that's why they play the games and don't count on MVCFans board members to decide fate.

I'd love to hear what you think your record will be after these 5 games. Anything other than 0-5 would have to be considered a moral victory, no?

And even if they go 0-5, that doesn't really change what they can accomplish over the entire Valley schedule.

In the last 9 seasons, the Aces have won the following number of conference games each season: 4-8-5-5-5-6-3-8-3. Only the 2008-2009 team was fairly competitive for the season. Yes, Drake happened in 07-08 but is there a developed Josh Young here? And I KNOW there will never be another Adam Emenememnemememmenenmenememeemeker again. The only people that think Evansville is going to do well, are Aces. There is nothing to make one believe that success, even marginal success in the Valley is on the horizon. We've been told that effort and shooting, heart and scheming are going to carry the day for Evansville for years now....well it has, to the tune of about 5 wins a year over the last decade.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aces1982 » December 21st, 2010, 10:21 am

WuDrWu wrote:

1/1/2011 Indiana State
1/4/2011 @Northern Iowa
1/7/2011 @Missouri State
1/9/2011 Creighton

GO ACES

Not for sure why you are trying to compare this Aces team to 07-08 Drake team. There has not been one Aces fan, that I have seen, say we will finish 1st. Not only that, I haven't seen one fan say we would finish top 4.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aces0976 » December 21st, 2010, 10:29 am

I guess optimism has a lot to do with expectations. After the Depauw debacle, I think it's safe to say expectations were really low, even by our standards. But since that game, the Aces have surpassed my expectations, not just the Butler game. We've won the games we should, we've competed well in the losses, with the exception of the game Im trying to erase from my memory (UNC). The MTSU game ,for example, I dont think last year there is anyway we win that game after blowing that lead. Having said this, we have a long way to go. Last place is still a definite possibility as I dont think there is a single sure win for us in the conference. It's hard to argue that we're better than anyone in the conference, but from our body of work thus far, you could argue that we're as good as some of the other teams. So reallistically I could see us finishing anywhere from 7th to 10th. Who knows, maybe we get to wear home uniforms in the play in round. Gotta start somewhere.
Aces0976
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MSUDuo » December 21st, 2010, 11:04 am

TylerDurden wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:
TNMSUFAN wrote:Bears have a tough start with 3 of the first 5 on the road against the top teams

12/29/2010 @ UNI
1/1/2011 IL State
1/4/2011 @ Creighton
1/7/2011 Evansville
1/9/2011 @ Wichita St

But really, that isn't so bad because you get the roadies while the students are still on break. As a result, the atmosphere should be a lot less hostile.

I would love to take 4-1 right now. There is no way we win on the road that early in the slate. We had better take care of business at home because I don't see more than 4-5 wins on the road.
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby jayball » December 21st, 2010, 11:08 am

I'm looking forward to the Antione Young/Nafis Ricks battle. That should be a good one.
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WuDrWu » December 21st, 2010, 12:05 pm

TylerDurden wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:

12/29/2010 @ UNI
1/1/2011 IL State
1/4/2011 @ Creighton
1/7/2011 Evansville
1/9/2011 @ Wichita St

If they go 4-1, then I think they'll win the conference, unless WSU is 18-0 or 17-1, which I don't think they will or are good enough to be. I'd kill to go 4-1 in those 5 games.
THE VALLEY RULES! GO VALLEY!
WuDrWu
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WuDrWu » December 21st, 2010, 12:07 pm

Aces0976 wrote:I guess optimism has a lot to do with expectations. After the Depauw debacle, I think it's safe to say expectations were really low, even by our standards. But since that game, the Aces have surpassed my expectations, not just the Butler game. We've won the games we should, we've competed well in the losses, with the exception of the game Im trying to erase from my memory (UNC). The MTSU game ,for example, I dont think last year there is anyway we win that game after blowing that lead. Having said this, we have a long way to go. Last place is still a definite possibility as I dont think there is a single sure win for us in the conference. It's hard to argue that we're better than anyone in the conference, but from our body of work thus far, you could argue that we're as good as some of the other teams. So reallistically I could see us finishing anywhere from 7th to 10th. Who knows, maybe we get to wear home uniforms in the play in round. Gotta start somewhere.

Very, VERY well said.
THE VALLEY RULES! GO VALLEY!
WuDrWu
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball